2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get the interest email and not the financial aid?
I got nothing about financial aid but did get the interest email— I don’t think the FAFSA email means anything other than they need more info (or think they do) and if you didn’t get it, then they have all the info they need to process

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call, accepted off the WL!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats! Are you regular MD and did you get an interest email?
Thank you! Yes, I'm a regular MD, and I got the initial interest email earlier in the year, but nothing recently. However, I did send an email of continued interest last week.

Reactions: 5 users
Thought I'd pop in from the AZ thread. I went through both campuses' threads for the last three application cycles and graphed when Mayo historically makes acceptances from the waitlist. All of my information is from what was reported on SDN, so the actual number of acceptances from the waitlist is almost certainly much higher than what is shown here. I hope that this can serve as encouragement that there are more acceptances to come!

1588453134644.png

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted from waitlist - Who did you get call from? Interviewer? Dean? or someone else?

Congrats! Are these waitlist acceptances (reported today) for 4 year Minnesota or 2+2?

Last edited:
Thought I'd pop in from the AZ thread. I went through both campuses' threads for the last three application cycles and graphed when Mayo historically makes acceptances from the waitlist. All of my information is from what was reported on SDN, so the actual number of acceptances from the waitlist is almost certainly much higher than what is shown here. I hope that this can serve as encouragement that there are more acceptances to come!

View attachment 304959

Thank you so much for doing this! Quick question - does this mean that no one got in on 5/1? And are the acceptances totals across all 3 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for doing this! Quick question - does this mean that no one got in on 5/1? And are the acceptances totals across all 3 years?

I didn't see any postings of people getting accepted off the waitlist on 5/1. And yes, the numbers in the graph are all the acceptances from the waitlist that were reported for MN, AZ, and 2+2

Reactions: 1 user
Do any of the other admitted students know if there's a GroupMe? If so, can you PM me the details? I do not have a Facebook; otherwise I'd check the admitted student page.

Every year few get accepted from wailtlist for 2+2. Anyone got off waitlist for 2+2 yet?

The mcasom 2024 mn Facebook page had +14 new members in the past week but not sure if those are all off the waitlist
Interesting. Does anyone know what the class size is? I know is pretty small but I dont remember the exact number

There are quite a lot of current students on the FB group. In the class GroupMe there are 42 students currently to give a bit more accurate number.

There are quite a lot of current students on the FB group. In the class GroupMe there are 42 students currently to give a bit more accurate number.
This mean more calls are on the way :)

• Love
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the groupme includes 2+2, MD/phd, or current students like M1s too? Or is it just regular MD mn students?

I don’t know if anyone is 2+2 or MD/PhD but there are no M1s, just class of 2024. There also could be more accepted that just haven’t joined the groupme yet

Looks like it :( is anyone feeling bold enough to call adcom and ask??

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Looks like it :( is anyone feeling bold enough to call adcom and ask??
How long were people given to respond to the initial WL offers? I'd guess that they would wait until all responses were received (+1 or 2 days to review the remaining applicants) before sending out more offers

How long were people given to respond to the initial WL offers? I'd guess that they would wait until all responses were received (+1 or 2 days to review the remaining applicants) before sending out more offers
At AZ, they were given 5 business days (until Friday, May 8). So if they took yesterday to review, more acceptances could come out today or tomorrow? I’m not sure when MN got their first wave of phone calls, though.

As per rule...
>>>

After April 30:
  1. Permit all applicants:
    1. A minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer. This may be reduced to a minimum of two business days within 30 days of the start of orientation.
>>>>

Does this mean if you're accepted off the waitlist, you only get 5 days to commit to Mayo even though everyone else has until 6/22?

Does this mean if you're accepted off the waitlist, you only get 5 days to commit to Mayo even though everyone else has until 6/22?
I think it might mean you just have to select 'Plan to Enroll' at Mayo within 5 days, then you have until the Mayo Commit to Enroll deadline to select Commit to Enroll on CYMS.

I think it might mean you just have to select 'Plan to Enroll' at Mayo within 5 days, then you have until the Mayo Commit to Enroll deadline to select Commit to Enroll on CYMS.
and obviously you will have to drop currently "planned to enroll" college. Basically 5 days to decide current selection or Mayo.

Can someone accepted from waitlist explain what is typically discussed when they were offered? Is dean simply making offer or trying to find out or asking for assurance before making official offer?

I assume people who are not really interested and have selected other choice may tell dean that they are not interested instead of taking offer and rejecting after 5 days. There will be very very few who is still debating and rejecting after 5 days.

My good guess is that unfortunately we may not see any more call after initial calls are done unless someone drops or request deferral for some reason later during cycle.

I just missed a call from a MN number but when I call it back, it goes to a standard Mayo Clinic answering machine that says we cannot trace the person who called you. My BP is through the roof and I don't know what to do!

• Wow
I just missed a call from a MN number but when I call it back, it goes to a standard Mayo Clinic answering machine that says we cannot trace the person who called you. My BP is through the roof and I don't know what to do!
This must be a good news for you. I am sure they will call back. I wish they leave message with proper number.

I think you missed the A call. Check your portal and AMCAS to see if Mayo popped up. Otherwise I'd wait for a recall or a voicemaill.
Just FYI, it took a long time for my portal to be updated after the call - at least 5 days - so if it still says alternate list it still might be an A!

I got the acceptance call!!!!
Congratulations!! I remember you were 2+2 Correct?? Also, do they ask for assurance on call? Did you get those "highly interested" or other emails?

Congratulations!! I remember you were 2+2 Correct?? Also, do they ask for assurance on call? Did you get those "highly interested" or other emails?

Thank you!! I specified that I'd be happy at whichever campus so I got accepted for the 4-year MN program! I did not get the oldest interest email (the one sent around January I think) but did get the highly interested email sent out about a month ago. Not sure what "assurance on call means" but they did say that I have a few days to plan or commit to enroll.

Thank you!! I specified that I'd be happy at whichever campus so I got accepted for the 4-year MN program! I did not get the oldest interest email (the one sent around January I think) but did get the highly interested email sent out about a month ago. Not sure what "assurance on call means" but they did say that I have a few days to plan or commit to enroll.
Congrats!!!!!!

• Love
Does Mayo send out formal Rs? Being in this WL limbo is holding back my motivation to reapply lol.
I believe there were some "no longer being considered on the WL" emails a couple weeks ago

How about us that are currently on the WL? I have a feeling that those emails were sent because they accidentally WL'ed too much people during the whole acceptance email error. But is there a point where they let us know when they are done or do we just assume once the cycle is over? I'm sure there are only a few spots left if any while there are 150+ on the WL.
Rejections went out before the fake acceptances (I think)

I don't know if it helps, but during my interview day, a current M1 told me they were accepted off the waitlist in June. So don't lose hope guys, there's still plenty of time for waitlist movement!

• Love