2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted off the WL today for the 2+2 MN/FL program
Wow.. Congratulation. This is fantastic. Looks like some movements still going on. Did you also get those "interested" email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just thought you guys would like to know there are 43 members in the groupme as of today (I think this includes both 2+2 and MN). I remember being really curious about the Mayo groupme while I was on the WL, so I hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Just thought you guys would like to know there are 43 members in the groupme as of today (I think this includes both 2+2 and MN). I remember being really curious about the Mayo groupme while I was on the WL, so I hope this helps!
Don't they accept 50 in total for MN? Do you mean there are probably 7 spot available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people could also not be on the groupme. And in 2019, there were only 46 MN students. Does anyone know why? Seems like they could very well be done accepting students if their willing to shorten the class a bit.

It doesn't add up.
It says 46 MN and 50 AZ and It says 102 students (52 female and 50 male)
>>>>

2019 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program and the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D.-Ph.D.):
  • Applications received: 7,265
  • On-campus interviews: 811
  • Acceptances issued: 172
  • 46 M.D. students attending the four-year Minnesota campus
  • 50 M.D. students attending the four-year Arizona campus
102 total students
52 female, 50 male
>>>>>>>

It doesn't add up.
It says 46 MN and 50 AZ and It says 102 students (52 female and 50 male)
>>>>

2019 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program and the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D.-Ph.D.):
  • Applications received: 7,265
  • On-campus interviews: 811
  • Acceptances issued: 172
  • 46 M.D. students attending the four-year Minnesota campus
  • 50 M.D. students attending the four-year Arizona campus
102 total students
52 female, 50 male
>>>>>>>
Yea I don't understand the 102

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't it 46 MD, 4-5 MSTP, and 1-2 Oral and Maxillofacial (MD/DDS)?

• Hmm
Just got in off the WL! Got the interest email a couple months ago, but not the recent one.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
anyone hear anything lately? do any current students know if the school is done sending out acceptances?

anyone hear anything lately? do any current students know if the school is done sending out acceptances?
Last I heard something was last week maybe? The scoop was that the class is almost full...not sure if that means they're waiting on decisions or what though. Things can still change but I think if they do it will be very very slow :/ this waiting is terrible though I know. Sorry don't have more definitive info!

soo I guess WL movement is basically over? are we just waiting for mayo to send out rejection emails at this point?

soo I guess WL movement is basically over? are we just waiting for mayo to send out rejection emails at this point?
Most likely but not sure :/ if there is still movement though, Mayo has plans to start virtually so there wouldn't be a need for a last minute move right away at least. There's always a chance a couple people will still get in. I have classmates who got accepted in June. Unpredictable unfortunately :/ people may still decide to defer for a year or something.

Hi, current applicant here! I wanted to know the way holds work. Are pre hold Rs sent out here? Or is it like you get a hold and then R later?

Hi, current applicant here! I wanted to know the way holds work. Are pre hold Rs sent out here? Or is it like you get a hold and then R later?
From what I recall, a hold more than likely signifies an R but there is a possibility of an II later.