2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really hope they start sending them out soon! Probably will?!
Last time I said this in a thread, the school started sending out IIs that day so let's see if it works again......

It would be super great if ICOM showed us some love today :D wishful thinking? Probably.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Do you all think I should call ICOM? Still no secondary. Submitted primary 7/9.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got excited today because I got an email from ICOM....... then I realized they were just responding to receiving my latest transcript :(
Okay so if they have just received you transcript then you should be in the next round of secondaries. I received my secondary a little over a month ago.

Did they send you a secondary? They received my primary on 7/15. Waiting patiently, hoping it comes soon!
Yes I got mine over a month ago right after I called them! There's really no reason to stress about calling them. It literally took me less than five minutes and they were so helpful.

Okay so if they have just received you transcript then you should be in the next round of secondaries. I received my secondary a little over a month ago.
I received and submitted my secondary on 7/11... waiting to hear about an interview. The transcript they received was from a summer graduate course I completed.

Just received a secondary. They received my primary 7/9

How did everyone answer the “have you ever applied to medical school” question? Does it pertain to this cycle or are they asking to address if you are a reapplicant? Thanks!

How did everyone answer the “have you ever applied to medical school” question? Does it pertain to this cycle or are they asking to address if you are a reapplicant? Thanks!
Pretty sure its for re-applicants only

Whelp, looks like my comment didn't bring any IIs. And I'm sure you all know, but ICOM will be at that Choose DO online medical school fair tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whelp, looks like my comment didn't bring any IIs. And I'm sure you all know, but ICOM will be at that Choose DO online medical school fair tomorrow.
How does the online Fair work? Are there online video presentations we can watch and open online chats? Thanks.

How does the online Fair work?
If it's similar to the one I attended in the past, there's like a virtual display hall where you can click on various schools and there are specific times when certain representatives from the school will be there. Usually they either have admissions, financial aid, or current students who will answer your questions. Here's the schedule for this year: Medical School Online Fair Schedule

Last edited:
Submitted Primary 7/18. Received and submitted secondary 8/12.....

It’s probably blatantly staring me in the face but do you guys know what the word count is on the secondary essays?

It’s probably blatantly staring me in the face but do you guys know what the word count is on the secondary essays?
I could be completely wrong, but I don't remember there being one

Seriously considering applying here...because of all the cat pictures lol jk (sort of). I'm a vet tech and have been in veterinary medicine for 8+ years now but human medicine is my calling. Seriously though, those pictures :love: Definitely going to be the coolest class ever if y'all get in.

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously considering applying here...because of all the cat pictures lol jk (sort of). I'm a vet tech and have been in veterinary medicine for 8+ years now but human medicine is my calling. Seriously though, those pictures :love: Definitely going to be the coolest class ever if y'all get in.
True story: I was not going to apply to ICOM, but my fiancé was looking at which state had the best license plates and when I saw Idaho had ones that said "world famous potatoes" and I knew I couldn't pass that up. Thankfully, that made me start looking into the school and I really liked ICOM, but I always remember it started with a license plate design :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
GUYS! So, one of the ladies in admissions said on the online medical school fair, "Our first interview is August 19 but we will interview through April"

EDIT: I asked for clarification on whether this date was the first day of interviews or when invites will be sent out, "First interview is Aug 19th. We are in the process of sending invites now"

GUYS! So, one of the ladies in admissions said on the online medical school fair, "Our first interview is August 19 but we will interview through April"

EDIT: I asked for clarification on whether this date was the first day of interviews or when invites will be sent out, "First interview is Aug 19th. We are in the process of sending invites now"
That’s SOON!

I KNOW! I'm assuming maybe no one in the SDN sub-population of applicants have received an II? I highly doubt they would send invites with 6 days notice!
Yeah seems pretty close even if your in state ???

Such short notice!

Reactions: 1 users
Admissions says that only 12 people were invited to the interview on August 19th. They also said they interview almost every Monday and will have about 24 applicants each time. The second interview date is August 26th.

Admissions says that only 12 people were invited to the interview on August 19th. They also said they interview almost every Monday and will have about 24 applicants each time. The second interview date is August 26th.
Good to know!

Thank you for this!

20190813_205122.jpg
Waiting for an interview invite like.....

• Love
I totally got distracted by your cat in the background that looks like he's about to fall over :laugh:
I got that stuffed animal from a website who makes stuffed animals that look like your own LOL. I’m obsessed it’s bad

• Haha
  • Wow
I got that stuffed animal from a website who makes stuffed animals that look like your own LOL. I’m obsessed it’s bad
Well, it's definitely life-like because I thought it was an actual cat! :rofl: I need to go to sleep lol

Just submitted the secondary. How long until anyone received a confirmation email?

Calling all Idahoans on this thread!
Idahoan here! I haven't heard anything, but I didn't get the complete email until 8/7. It took them an entire month to send me the secondary lol. I think they're really overwhelmed right now.

I live literally 15 minutes away from ICOM's campus so it would be nice to hear something soon.

On another note, if anyone has questions about living in Meridian feel free to pm me. I've lived here all my life.

Just got an II! Dates available were August 26th, September 9th, and September 16th.

Now the waiting game begins...