2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi y’all! I’m an accepted student here starting my first year in August! Feel free to DM if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the email that they have made the ICOM page and received the primary application :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What made you ultimately choose ICOM?
Close to family (I’m from Iowa, family in Idaho), had programs (MPH, MBA) that interested me. I loved the people there. ICOMs staff made me feel like they legitimately knew who I was and were paying attention to my life. When I showed up with my fiancée to tour after I’d accepted their offer and was looking for an apartment in Boise, Rachael Lewis recognized me with a mask on even though we’d only talked once or twice. They were interested in my coming wedding and everything about me. Boise itself is an amazing city and exactly the kind you’d wanna attend school in. They did amazingly on the first COMLEX with 93% first time pass. Which is better than a handful of “well-established” schools. The tuition is manageable.

The only downside thus far is that Boise is an expensive city to live in and housing is a monster to figure out. But it’s also manageable and you’ll do just fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi y’all! I’m an accepted student here starting my first year in August! Feel free to DM if you have any questions!
Same here if anyone has any questions! best of luck this application cycle!

Secondary received
1) what characters of ICOM will help you become a successful osteopathic physician

2) how have you improved your application if a reapplicant

3) what does osteopathic principles and practices mean to you? How will you integrate these into your future practice?

1) what characters of ICOM will help you become a successful osteopathic physician

3) what does osteopathic principles and practices mean to you? How will you integrate these into your future practice?

Almost the same as last years

Hi all!
Is there a screening for secondaries? Or do they get sent out in batches? Was verified in May, have received email on 6/17 saying they got my primary, but no secondary yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!
Is there a screening for secondaries? Or do they get sent out in batches? Was verified in May, have received email on 6/17 saying they got my primary, but no secondary yet
They tend not to, but they did send them in batches.

ICOM is like the dream program! Had such great contact with the admissions team, hopefully, I get some post secondary love :)

ICOM is like the dream program! Had such great contact with the admissions team, hopefully, I get some post secondary love :)
It’s a wonderful program. The admin is fantastic.

It’s a wonderful school! Only downside is housing is a burden in Boise.
yeah but thankfully it seems alot of apartments are building or expanding so some new housing choices should be coming up soon

Current 2nd year at ICOM here. Also willing to answer any questions anyone may have.

Character count?

Is it odd I still don’t have a secondary LOL

+3, what exactly does this mean for us though?
They want to see the other applications before extending an II. Depending on the school it’s a soft rejection due to stats or some other deficit on the app. Have to see what it means for ICOM though. Was my top school lol

Last edited:
They want to see the other applications first. Depending on the school it’s a soft rejection due to stats or some other deficit on the app. Have to see what it means for ICOM tho. Was my top school lol
I’m rooting for you! You got this!

Hey everyone I reached out to ICOM and they told me that getting the email is a positive thing and means you are in a good status

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone I reached out to ICOM and they told me that this actually isn’t a pre II waitlist and getting the email is actually a good thing!
Let’s all appreciate the rational mind judahmf12345 showed. If was that simple 😂

Let’s all appreciate the rational mind judahmf12345 showed. If was that simple 😂
Haha yep the admissions team were really nice when I reached out, so I wouldn’t hesitate to contact them if any of you have any questions. I’ve been so impressed with this school!

They want to see the other applications before extending an II. Depending on the school it’s a soft rejection due to stats or some other deficit on the app. Have to see what it means for ICOM though. Was my top school lol
How long did it take for them to verify, review, and post this update on your secondary application?

I stuck to the 14 day secondary turnaround, so mine was just sent yesterday.

How long did it take for them to verify, review, and post this update on your secondary application?

I stuck to the 14 day secondary turnaround, so mine was just sent yesterday.
It took just over a week for them to review my application. And as far as verified you should see that email within 1-3 days here. They usually send a few like application submitted and you are now being reviewed. I sent mine in and two days later I got this email. Shouldn’t take long as the admission staff here is super fast and responsive

They sent “pre-II holds” last year but they essentially said “more competitive candidates first” and sent that to me and a dozen others. I still got accepted. Don’t lose hope folks. It’s literally bright and early in the scheme of things.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the Secondary.
If I'm already providing LOR's through Aacomas (via Interfolio) do I again have to list the names and emails of all my Recommenders
in the Secondary ?

Folks who have already submitted the Secondary, please advise.

Just received the Secondary.
If I'm already providing LOR's through Aacomas (via Interfolio) do I again have to list the names and emails of all my Recommenders
in the Secondary ?

Folks who have already submitted the Secondary, please advise.
Yes you do.

I agree with @voppp
When I applied I didn’t even think I would get a secondary due to one of my subsection scores being below their pre-secondary screening scores. But, here I am two years later so I did something right. You have to stay positive during the application cycle because it is a looooong one. Don’t count yourself out until you have a rejection from the school!
I also saw a comment about being OOS, I am about as far OOS as you can be haha I’m from the east coast so don’t focus on that too much!

I agree with @voppp
When I applied I didn’t even think I would get a secondary due to one of my subsection scores being below their pre-secondary screening scores. But, here I am two years later so I did something right. You have to stay positive during the application cycle because it is a looooong one. Don’t count yourself out until you have a rejection from the school!
I also saw a comment about being OOS, I am about as far OOS as you can be haha I’m from the east coast so don’t focus on that too much!
I’m also out of state too! Very much in the wrong time zone.