2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email saying I can upload my Casper score if I want to now

Secondary received and submitted today. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't sure I'd get a secondary, so I held off sending it on the CASPer website and since it is optional, chose not to send it.

Received email stating my app is complete.

Oof. Just got a pre-secondary rejection with 3.50 cgpa 3.2 sgpa and 499 mcat.

Reactions: 1 user
To those asking about secondary screening: yes, they screen. I got an email saying that they were putting me on hold pending my most recent MCAT score release. If they did an automatic cutoff, I imagine they would have just sent me the secondary.
Do we know what the screen is? Asking as a <3.2 sGPA applicant, 507 MCAT. I haven't received a secondary yet

Do we know what the screen is? Asking as a <3.2 sGPA applicant, 507 MCAT. I haven't received a secondary yet
Based on the comments, it's most likely a MCAT screen. But it's better if you contact them yourself.

*Update

I went to their website and looks like GPA and MCAT though it may not be a hard screen (based on my stats).

"Applicants should have achieved at least a 3.2 science and cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The admission process is competitive, therefore a higher GPA results in improved chances for acceptance. A competitive MCAT score is in the 50th percentile with no individual section below 35th percentile. However, at ICOM, the MCAT is weighed in connection with grades and personal qualities. The overall GPA and the interview are considered of utmost importance. We accept MCAT scores three years prior to matriculation. Prospective students are encouraged to prepare for the MCAT exam well in advance so that the scores will accurately reflect the individual’s academic preparedness. For full information regarding the MCAT exam or to register to take the exam, please visit the AAMC website."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

I haven’t received one either, submitted 2+ weeks ago. Maybe they screen selectively beyond just GPA/MCAT... hopefully soon! Last year they gave their first II on July 12.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t received one either, submitted 2+ weeks ago. Maybe they screen selectively beyond just GPA/MCAT... hopefully soon! Last year they gave their first II on July 12.
Yeah, you might get it soon. They received my app 6/19 and I got the secondary on 7/11...

Based on the comments, it's most likely a MCAT screen. But it's better if you contact them yourself.

*Update

I went to their website and looks like GPA and MCAT though it may not be a hard screen (based on my stats).

"Applicants should have achieved at least a 3.2 science and cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The admission process is competitive, therefore a higher GPA results in improved chances for acceptance. A competitive MCAT score is in the 50th percentile with no individual section below 35th percentile. However, at ICOM, the MCAT is weighed in connection with grades and personal qualities. The overall GPA and the interview are considered of utmost importance. We accept MCAT scores three years prior to matriculation. Prospective students are encouraged to prepare for the MCAT exam well in advance so that the scores will accurately reflect the individual’s academic preparedness. For full information regarding the MCAT exam or to register to take the exam, please visit the AAMC website."

Just want to reiterate as Nugester said, its not a hard screen, My CARS is below the 35th% but I still managed to get a secondary

Just want to reiterate as Nugester said, its not a hard screen, My CARS is below the 35th% but I still managed to get a secondary
I truly don't mean any offense, but what are the rest of your stats if you were able to get a secondary with a section that low??

I truly don't mean any offense, but what are the rest of your stats if you were able to get a secondary with a section that low??
I got a 503 on my MCAT with a CP subsection below 40th percentile. Undergrad GPA was 3.3, sGPA 3.4, graduate GPA 3.89.

I got a 503 on my MCAT with a CP subsection below 40th percentile. Undergrad GPA was 3.3, sGPA 3.4, graduate GPA 3.89.
That means they actually look at the entirety of our applications ...or they want our money!;)

That means they actually look at the entirety of our applications ...or they want our money!;)

Inclined to think the former, especially with a pre-secondary R existing on this page.

I'm an Idaho resident and I got the confirmation email 7/1 but still no secondary and I'm getting worried :/ 3.98 GPA and 513 MCAT

I'm an Idaho resident and I got the confirmation email 7/1 but still no secondary and I'm getting worried :/ 3.98 GPA and 513 MCAT

I would say yield protection, But considering you’re a Idaho resident I do not think they would do that. If anything they must literally be doing nothing right now and focusing on the current class before they proceed forward with secondaries, interviews, etc.

I really have no clue how they send out IIs. With those stats, you should get one eventually!

Submitted my AACOMAS on 7/8 and received a confirmation email the same day. No secondary yet. :(

I wonder when this school is going to start sending IIs considering they sent them pretty early last year!

I wonder when this school is going to start sending IIs considering they sent them pretty early last year!
Yes, but they also sent out secondaries earlier last year! I would assume it would be this week because it's kind of the last possible time they could send out IIs if they want to start interviews in August, but we will have to wait and see!

Yes, but they also sent out secondaries earlier last year! I would assume it would be this week because it's kind of the last possible time they could send out IIs if they want to start interviews in August, but we will have to wait and see!
I also feel like they are sending secondaries pretty spread out?? Perhaps reviewing applications before sending them out

I also feel like they are sending secondaries pretty spread out?? Perhaps reviewing applications before sending them out
I definitely think that they were reviewing applications before sending out secondaries because I thought I wouldn't get a secondary, but I did! I fully appreciate all their effort they put forth when reviewing the applications because I had already counted myself out!

Every time I scroll past your profile I have to zoom in and laugh at the look on your cat's face before moving on. Just thought you should know :rolleyes:
Yay! He literally does that stretch all the time so I had more than enough pics, might as well make it my profile pic :D

• Haha
Yay! He literally does that stretch all the time so I had more than enough pics, might as well make it my profile pic :D
Everyone that has a cat on SDN picture is/becomes a doctor. Maybe I should put mine up too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
When I first read that I thought you said he IS an otter so I had to zoom in pretty quick to see if he was :laugh:
Oh I wish! Sadly no. My fiancé named him and he's a big fan of a hockey player whose nickname is Otter so he thought he would name a cat that :eyebrow:

• Haha
I don’t like cats... I’m doomed

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t like cats... I’m doomed

But look at their little faces!

• Haha