2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From their handbook,
"Students must maintain a professional appearance. Professional attire must be maintained
whenever the student is on the campus and on all clinical experiences or rotations. Students must
be professionally dressed for all lectures and examinations and appropriate dress for laboratory,
classes, or workshops."
Maybe I'll never come to campus, ha!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any word on why the dean left before the first class even started their second year? That is highly unusual.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word on why the dean left before the first class even started their second year? That is highly unusual.
"MERIDIAN — The founding dean of Idaho’s first medical school is leaving his position this year.

The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine announced on Friday that Robert Hasty, founding dean and chief academic officer, will be leaving his position after more than three years of service.

Hasty was offered a position to help lead the creation of a new osteopathic medical school but could not disclose its name or location."

Hasty was offered a position to help lead the creation of a new osteopathic medical school but could not disclose its name or location."

I don't like the sound of this... seems super sketchy to just go around starting a bunch of med schools and then leaving before the first class even matches??

I don't like the sound of this... seems super sketchy to just go around starting a bunch of med schools and then leaving before the first class even matches??
It's probably just about money. Don't freak out.

I hope we all get interviews and we all interview the same day and we can exchange pet pics in person

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I hope we all get interviews and we all interview the same day and we can exchange pet pics in person

Haha way to bring things back to the important topic in this thread :lol:

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone new joining this thread: please feel free to post photos of your pets. Also yesterday there was a puppy outside my work and I GOT TO PET HER!! AND SHE KISSED MY FACE!!!! Hope this gives you all vicarious happiness.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone new joining this thread: please feel free to post photos of your pets. Also yesterday there was a puppy outside my work and I GOT TO PET HER!! AND SHE KISSED MY FACE!!!! Hope this gives you all vicarious happiness.

One of my neighbors has a couple of parrots and he walks them outside. My 5-year-old asked if she could touch them and he said, "you don't ask people to touch their animals" haha she was traumatized and confused... "wait, dad you told me I'm supposed to ask to pet animals" She wanted it to turn out like your experience, but she wasn't so lucky

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
One of my neighbors has a couple of parrots and he walks them outside. My 5-year-old asked if she could touch them and he said, "you don't ask people to touch their animals" haha she was traumatized and confused... "wait, dad you told me I'm supposed to ask to pet animals" She wanted it to turn out like your experience, but she wasn't so lucky
How dare your neighbor be so rude a 5 y/o. You should definitely teach her to respond to such adults with "you don't talk to children like that".

How dare your neighbor be so rude a 5 y/o. You should definitely teach her to respond to such adults with "you don't talk to children like that".

Yes, she was instructed to just kick people in the shin

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone still not received a secondary from ICOM? They sent me an email saying they got my primary on 7/8 and I don't think I would have been screened out. I know they have been busy with their current incoming class but it's been almost a month so I'm slowly starting to panic and determining whether I should call the school?

has anyone still not received a secondary from ICOM? They sent me an email saying they got my primary on 7/8 and I don't think I would have been screened out. I know they have been busy with their current incoming class but it's been almost a month so I'm slowly starting to panic and determining whether I should call the school?
Doesn't hurt to contact them.

I miss the pets on this thread... let's see some of those cuties!

• Love

Attachments

• DBA2F8DD-B1C4-45B7-AE61-A0614DE8E320.jpeg
    DBA2F8DD-B1C4-45B7-AE61-A0614DE8E320.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Love
My heart!! Such a good breed. My Brittany was so sweet and patient. She let me sleep on her and ride her like a pony when I was little.
Yes they are amazing!!! I want to get another one sometime after starting med school!

Love all the pet photos! Anyone gotten secondaries yet? This is the only DO school I am still waiting on.

Anyone still waiting on a secondary contact the school?

I would not be surprised if more secondaries come out soon, given that they are just getting things reined in after orientation of the new class.

It's like they sent out some secondaries and then got busy!

This is why we keep this feed about animals :laugh: (I already received and submitted the secondary for ICOM, but I still like seeing animals)

This is why we keep this feed about animals :laugh: (I already received and submitted the secondary for ICOM, but I still like seeing animals)
+1

I'll have to catch up with my pics at some point.

Glad I’m not the only one wondering why this is one of the last secondaries I’m still waiting on. I mean, assuming I didn’t get screened.
>3.2 sgpa and 507 MCAT

I know im late to the party but I thought I’d bless your morning with my cute pupper. I wish med schools looked at me the way she looks at milkbones :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
3AFCFE30-3A6D-4AB5-AF24-A367202D7E8A.jpeg
Just started following this thread but couldn’t miss the opportunity to show off my brother’s pupper! (Awaiting on a secondary)

• Love
0107F30F-AF8E-4716-BFB0-ECB2F0C4FAEA.png

Me and my boys praying for some Idaho love this week

• Love
I would call them first thing on Monday! I had a similar issue that was fixed as soon as I made the phone call. They were very nice and it only took a few minutes-nothing to stress about.

I would call them first thing on Monday! I had a similar issue that was fixed as soon as I made the phone call. They were very nice and it only took a few minutes-nothing to stress about.
Did they send you a secondary? They received my primary on 7/15. Waiting patiently, hoping it comes soon!

Did they send you a secondary? They received my primary on 7/15. Waiting patiently, hoping it comes soon!
I believe they're just backed up at the moment. I submitted my primary on 5/28, they received it on 6/14, and I didn't get a secondary until 7/11. Seeing as how they haven't sent out any IIs yet, I would definitely say they are just overwhelmed. That is why we post adorable animal pictures, to occupy our time while we wait! Feel free to contribute your own photos, if you have any you would like to share! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got excited today because I got an email from ICOM....... then I realized they were just responding to receiving my latest transcript :(

• Haha
  • Sad
I got excited today because I got an email from ICOM....... then I realized they were just responding to receiving my latest transcript :(
I really hope they start sending them out soon! Probably will?!