2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, I missed a lot. I see people still commenting on this thread so I thought I’d come back in case anyone had any remaining question. I’m a 2nd year (guess rising 3rd year now) and I’ve come out of the dedicated board studying hole and can answer any questions anyone may have.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
did they say anything else?
After i replied yes, they replied back saying that they are glad i am still interested and they will be in touch soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the minimum science gpa they accept is? 3.2? 3.0? 2.8?

i had a 3.10 and a 3.17

Has anyone on the high tier (not highest tier) got called off the waitlist yet?

Just got an email titled “ ICOM admission team”. My heart dropped. It was just info😩 this is cruel

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email titled “ ICOM admission team”. My heart dropped. It was just info😩 this is cruel
Feel that. Got a phone call last week from Meridian Idaho, and it was a wrong number 😞

Lmao i would have sued if it was a spam for ruining my day

Does anyone know any waitlist specifics? i.e are they close to done with the highest tier etc?

i had a 3.10 and a 3.17
I had 3.32 on undergraduate / 3.08 graduate based on the AMCAS BCPM calculation which I am for now assuming is close enough to the how AACOMAS handles it. Not sure about what the adcom would consider the minimum.

Members don't see this ad :)
No update for you yet? wonder why they taking so long
I got another acceptance! I am hoping ICOM accepts me in 5 days so I don’t have to pay deposit for the other school😩

I got another acceptance! I am hoping ICOM accepts me in 5 days so I don’t have to pay deposit for the other school😩
Congratulations! hoping to join you in the A boat

Hello, I'm new to SDN. Just wanted to know in all honesty if I (high-priority waitlist) should be worried at this point in time if I have not heard back from the admissions team. The only reason being is that I have yet to receive an email where they ask me if I am still interested as other members on here have lol.

Hello, I'm new to SDN. Just wanted to know in all honesty if I (high-priority waitlist) should be worried at this point in time if I have not heard back from the admissions team. The only reason being is that I have yet to receive an email where they ask me if I am still interested as other members on here have lol.
I’m in the same boat as you. For me, I think I might start to get worried around mid July. The school has had a lot of movement, getting to mid tier last year, so I’m still holding onto hope lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m in the same boat as you. For me, I think I might start to get worried around mid July. The school has had a lot of movement, getting to mid tier last year, so I’m still holding onto hope lol.
I’m right there in the same boat with you. Fingers crossed 🤞

I’m right there in the same boat with you. Fingers crossed 🤞
Right there with ya both. Im praying end of June is our time

At this point I’m not sure if the bigger reward is getting into school or not having to deal with another year of the application process

You could try emailing admissions just to get a feel for where they at. They have to be close to finishing highest tier at this point but I also think it depends on how many people give up their seats how fast

You could try emailing admissions just to get a feel for where they at. They have to be close to finishing highest tier at this point but I also think it depends on how many people give up their seats how fast
Yeah, I emailed them back in May and they said that there were about 150 applicants between the two tiers so I'm hoping they got through most of them by now.

Withdrew my application from high tier today. Hoping one of you all gets moved up because of it! best of luck

Accepted! 😩

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Last I talked to admissions, they said they had only 8 replies to their “interested to continue remain on the waitlist” emails/calls from the Highest tier list. Does that mean the others will not be contacted again for a seat? Or is it simply for the school to have a better idea of what to expect when it’s time to fill open spots?

Last I talked to admissions, they said they had only 8 replies to their “interested to continue remain on the waitlist” emails/calls from the Highest tier list. Does that mean the others will not be contacted again for a seat? Or is it simply for the school to have a better idea of what to expect when it’s time to fill open spots?
I think it’s people that will be contacted again when a seat opens. Sounds like the class is full right now and just waiting for people to drop

I’m withdrawing my spot on high tier waitlist. Hoping it goes to one of y’all.

Just got the waitlist interest email. I’m on the high tier :) Interviewed 4/4 Waitlisted 4/15

I just got the call! They have officially reached the high tier.

Reactions: 2 users
with my luck my seat will open next month:rofl:

• Haha
with my luck my seat will open next month:rofl:
Where are you from Itachi? I feel like it’s important to say I’m from ICOM’s target region, they seemed to be partial to that in my case as a North Dakotan.

Where are you from Itachi? I feel like it’s important to say I’m from ICOM’s target region, they seemed to be partial to that in my case as a North Dakotan.
Alllll da way in the east coast. Maryland

I am splitting sketchy with friends and planning to get boards and beyond once i start😩
The school will provide you with your own sketchy subscription once you start so no need to share. Highly recommend getting boards and beyond subscription though!

what books or resources or study tools/guides helped you the most your first year?
Not the person you asked, but for me, osmosis sketchy and Bnb helped a whole lot . 100% of the exams come from the lecture slides so if you have those down you should be solid in my opinion.

The school will provide you with your own sketchy subscription once you start so no need to share. Highly recommend getting boards and beyond subscription though!
Unfortunately, ICOM is not keeping Sketchy next year. I never personally used Sketchy so I don’t think it’s a huge loss. I used Boards and Beyond, Osmosis, Pathoma, and AMBOSS a little bit during first year and then a lot during board studying.

Unfortunately, ICOM is not keeping Sketchy next year. I never personally used Sketchy so I don’t think it’s a huge loss. I used Boards and Beyond, Osmosis, Pathoma, and AMBOSS a little bit during first year and then a lot during board studying.
Next year as of my second year right?

Anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted students?