2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call. Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lets hope all calls go out today so we arent in limbo for 3 days

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call! I literally was in my robe from getting out of the shower and am dying from the flu so I sounded absolutely terrible on the phone I'm sure. I pretty certain this is my top choice!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got the call (AHHH), essay had been MIA for quite some time o_O...

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to all who have been accepted!

Do we think the calls are going out alphabetically?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted, so blessed. Best of luck my friends! Be patient!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call about an hour ago!

Nothing showing up on my portal and no email

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congrats! just now?
How long should I be waiting today? Until 5 p.m.? Or even later? Or just not pay attention to this? Because I have been checking my phone and this SDN page about every 15 min since 11 a.m. today... Lol

Reactions: 4 users
im gonna assume since they stated early in the week we will probably get R/waitlist notifications by friday. maybe not but seems probable!

Are we thinking they're done with calls for the day?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Think they'll call over multiple days? Or is today it?

Got the call about an hour ago! My essay also disappeared, if anyone is wondering. Best of luck to the rest of y'all, Duke is a really, really amazing place.

Also, I think Dean Yee said that emails and portal updates will be out in a few days, so for now it's just a call! Pick up those 919 numbers y'all!

I think there was a theory floating around where not having essay meant either accept or reject. Having the essay meant waitlist since they’re like still considering you. That’s probably what’s happening here.
That would answer the acceptance percentage disparity.

I thought the best theory was if your essay was your best or worst MMI station they would remove it.

Reactions: 1 user
same: no essay, no call, dreams slowly being crushed :((((
I'd say, with multiple acceptances, including UCLA!!!, and as an INTL applicant no less, your dreams have come true in a big way! Some folks here have zero acceptances, so please be sensitive to that!

ETA: not UCLA, but other schools! :)

Last edited:
Guys the 2020-2021 applicants will be reading this part of the thread and seeing the essay shenanigans. Hello out there!

Reactions: 7 users
I'd say, with multiple acceptances, including UCLA!!!, and as an INTL applicant no less, your dreams have come true in a big way! Some folks here have zero acceptances, so please be sensitive to that!
I'm sorry, didn't mean to be insensitive in any way. (fyi, haven't been accepted to UCLA, and I'm grateful for A's nonetheless...Duke is my top choice atm so this is particularly painful) And, congratulations to your 6 A's!

Just wanted to cast my vote that the essay disappeared but there's no phone call, so I'm not sure how well our sdn theories are holding up about the portal. Hoping for the best for everyone though—especially because Duke is such an amazing school!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED TO DUKE AND PCLT!! Susan Rogers called me at 4:15. I’m over the moon! Essay disappeared lol

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
got the call about an hour ago :)

(essay not there and was never there for me. My friend also got accepted and her essay WAS there and then wasn't anymore after a few days)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users