2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Exactly, mine was gone shortly after. They do drop your lowest and highest scores, maybe they were dropped? We’ve got 10 days so let’s enjoy it guys! The fact we all got interviews at duke was a great honor so let’s try to have fun until we know what happens!

I never even thought about that, but I feel like that may be correct. I was also told during my interview that your highest and lowest station would be dropped, so maybe that’s why some of ours disappeared. I know at least my essay was #trash lmao

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes in our interview day someone asked and they told us they drop the highest and lowest. My essay read like a 3rd grader wrote it. I laughed as I was writing it.

Reactions: 1 users
Portal status changed- R. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre interview R’s?

yep just checked my portal too, pre-interview R!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
for those who got a Pre-II R, did your prompt dissapear?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Already marked it as an R in my spreadsheet, but nice to get a confirmation.

• Sad
So, just as a heads up to y'all who are waiting on Post-II decisions. I applied MSTP and got a call today regarding my acceptance to the program. I think someone else earlier in the thread had mentioned that MSTP decisions usually come out a week before regular MD decisions, so it seems likely that MD decisions really will be next week.

Also, as an aside (since I know some of y'all will be curious), my essay disappeared. I'm not sure when exactly, but it wasn't there when I checked over the weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
So, just as a heads up to y'all who are waiting on Post-II decisions. I applied MSTP and got a call today regarding my acceptance to the program. I think someone else earlier in the thread had mentioned that MSTP decisions usually come out a week before regular MD decisions, so it seems likely that MD decisions really will be next week.

Also, as an aside (since I know some of y'all will be curious), my essay disappeared. I'm not sure when exactly, but it wasn't there when I checked over the weekend.
Congratulations and thank you for fueling the essay prompt fire! It’s the only thing that’s going to keep me warm in the long night that is this week.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R. OOOF for thinking February would be better than January

• Sad
Last year they gave out A's on 2/21/19 but people complained that by then, plane tickets for second look/match day were too expensive (3/15/19). Given that this year's match day is around the same time (3/20/20) and that Duke wants to improve on this, I'd totally buy the early-to-mid Feb theory. Here's to hoping for a Valentine's Day decision! #theonlybaeweneed ;)

RE - JE - CTED REJECTED

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Are we thinking those lucky enough to get a call will head Thursday? Or Friday?

Are we thinking those lucky enough to get a call will head Thursday? Or Friday?
I would expect Friday only because they have been doing calls on Friday for the past 5 years according to someone on last year's thread.

Does anyone feel like calling and asking if they know the day they will be releasing decisions

When I called last week, they said they were aiming for Friday the 14th. I'd imagine we wouldn't hear before then.

• Angry
it would be super cool if friday would hurry up and arrive

Id call but if they hear my trembling vocal cords quivering in fright theyre gonna R me

• Haha
Well, I called off a friend's phone in a windy place. Today, tomorrow, and Friday are all fair game, according to the Office of Admissions. So buckle up, gang!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users
Well, I called off a friend's phone in a windy place. Today, tomorrow, and Friday are all fair game, according to the Office of Admissions. So buckle up, gang!
Welp there goes any chance of me sleeping for the next 72 hours

Capture.JPG

• Haha
Hey everyone! I'm a current MS1 - I posted here way back in the beginning of the cycle but figured I'd post again since the cycle is coming to a close. I think this is easy to say coming from someone who is no longer stressed about the application cycle, but don't stress too much about when exactly the calls are going out. I spoke to admissions a while ago and the consensus then was this week - rumors have been that they will be out on Friday but they could be nice and start earlier if they're ready. Like people said, calls have usually gone out on Friday's with emails usually going out the week after. That being said, relax, take a deep breath, you will all end up where you're meant to be and if it's Duke, then YAY! If not, it'll be somewhere perfect for you!

IMHO, Duke does an incredible job selecting a cohesive cohort of students that will thrive well together. They spend a considerable amount of time on everyone's applications - they make you write those long secondaries for a reason. I've had professors I've never formally met say they remembered something I had written about in my application. They truly do care, so if they take longer it'll be for a good reason!

If anyone has any questions, (other than when are acceptances coming out), I'll be around. Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see lots of you at second look!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone! I'm a current MS1 - I posted here way back in the beginning of the cycle but figured I'd post again since the cycle is coming to a close. I think this is easy to say coming from someone who is no longer stressed about the application cycle, but don't stress too much about when exactly the calls are going out. I spoke to admissions a while ago and the consensus then was this week - rumors have been that they will be out on Friday but they could be nice and start earlier if they're ready. Like people said, calls have usually gone out on Friday's with emails usually going out the week after. That being said, relax, take a deep breath, you will all end up where you're meant to be and if it's Duke, then YAY! If not, it'll be somewhere perfect for you!

IMHO, Duke does an incredible job selecting a cohesive cohort of students that will thrive well together. They spend a considerable amount of time on everyone's applications - they make you write those long secondaries for a reason. I've had professors I've never formally met say they remembered something I had written about in my application. They truly do care, so if they take longer it'll be for a good reason!

If anyone has any questions, (other than when are acceptances coming out), I'll be around. Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see lots of you at second look!
Was your essay gone?

• Haha
  • Love
Was your essay gone?
LOL, should've guessed that was coming. I don't remember it being gone, I think it was still there. I remember stressing about the essay we wrote on interview day because I had so many typos. But I honestly can't remember.

• Haha
New Sun Tzu strategy: call your interviewers and inform them of your acceptance

• Wow
Just got the acceptance call!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Essay disappeared lol

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Thanks everyone! Haven’t checked portal