2019-2020 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard that at this point they're waitlisting people with

Where did u hear this from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I heard that at this point they're waitlisting people with <514 MCAT and accepting people over that. Not sure how true that is or why they would do that just something I heard. :thinking:

I was recently waitlisted with a 515, not sure...

Reactions: 1 user
I was recently waitlisted with a 515, not sure...
Yeah again I'm not too sure why this would even be the case, seemed very odd to me. Apparently a friend of a friend was told this after they had been waitlisted I think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that at this point they're waitlisting people with <514 MCAT and accepting people over that. Not sure how true that is or why they would do that just something I heard. :thinking:
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me to focus just on MCAT for decision. I have a 517 and was waitlisted back in December.

What time do decisions come out usually?

My portal doesn't show anything yet ):

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted per the portal!! I just checked it.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!
my portal hasnt changed... so i guess im WL or R ):

oh ****ttt im gonna be so anxious for the rest of the day, i called and they said theyre having technical issues but theyll get the decisions out

WAIT WHAT I JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE ON MY PORTAL!!! omg

Last edited:
congrats thoooo i hope i get it too ))))))))):

Congrats to everyone accepted!!

Just fyi everyone, I was told that they expect/predict a decent amount of waitlist movement this year because the students they've accepted so far are a very strong cohort (high gpa/high mcat) so they expect that they will also be accepted to other schools and eventually some will withdraw their acceptances at creighton. They did tell me this is just a prediction and they never know, but it's their best guess at this point. So everyone who got alternate, I hope we'll still get accepted!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just fyi everyone, I was told that they expect/predict a decent amount of waitlist movement this year because the students they've accepted so far are a very strong cohort (high gpa/high mcat) so they expect that they will also be accepted to other schools and eventually some will withdraw their acceptances at creighton. They did tell me this is just a prediction and they never know, but it's their best guess at this point. So everyone who got alternate, I hope we'll still get accepted!!
Did you hear this from the office of admissions?

I’ve been accepted elsewhere and will be withdrawing! Tough one to let go for me as it’s my first acceptance but I sincerely hope the spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve been accepted elsewhere and will be withdrawing! Tough one to let go for me as it’s my first acceptance but I sincerely hope the spot goes to one of you!

Best of luck to you!

This is comforting. Also I called yesterday and they said they will be reviewing the alternate pool in the second week of May, so we have about 2 months to send updates before they look at us again.

You may not hear back until later in the cycle. I received the scholarship in April, and it didn't appear in my portal until May.
I know this is really specific. But early April or late April did you get a notification?

I can tell with certainty that at this point there is not a cutoff with regards to MCAT. The review process is multifactorial and your MCAT was deemed satisfactory if you received an interview. For those of you who have been accepted congratulations and for those of you still waiting hang in there!

Spoke to someone in admissions yesterday at that virtual fair and they said they have sent out their last IIs last week. Unfortunately we are out of luck here. Good luck guys. I am sure you all will get in somewhere that's a better fit.

Thanks for sharing! Appreciate this info.

I know this is really specific. But early April or late April did you get a notification?

I imagine it is early April because I was emailing with the financial aid office by mid-April about the scholarship. I don't have the original emails, unfortunately, or I could tell you what day I received my notification.

Pre-II R. Oh well, didn't take Physio :p

Pre-II R gang ova here! Nice knowing ya'll

Does Creighton require new students to buy latest model Macs? Can I use my 2015 Mac? Does it have to be a Mac or can I buy a surface pro?

Does Creighton require new students to buy latest model Macs? Can I use my 2015 Mac? Does it have to be a Mac or can I buy a surface pro?
I think they give us one starting M1 year. We probably have to use the one they provide for exams and such, but you could use whatever you wanted for notes and day to day stuff I’m sure.

I think they give us one starting M1 year. We probably have to use the one they provide for exams and such, but you could use whatever you wanted for notes and day to day stuff I’m sure.
Yup!! It’s a MacBook Pro with AppleCare+ I believe. One of the M2 students I met said they use their iPad for notes so I’m sure you can use whatever you want for that stuff.

Let's try to respect anonymity of everyone involved in this process, stay on topic, and keep it professional :)

Creighton builds the Mac into your tuition and MUST be used for exam purposes. However, if you prefer to take notes on another laptop you own, use an iPad, handwrite, etc. then this is entirely fine. The class of 2024 will be receiving a Mac with a touchbar and 256GB of hard drive space. You also get 1TB (1024 GB) of space on the One Drive Cloud so you will have plenty of storage space. Plus our IT person here is fantastic.

A on Monday, around 1pm EST. It says that we have 14 days to accept the offer -- does anyone know if accepting the offer means, in their eyes, that we are committed to going there? Interviewed on 2/14, OOS. WARS 83. LizzyM 73.

Also, is there an FB group for accepted students?