2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a silent follower for a while, registered to ask a kind of stupid question - it may not matter at this point as my application is submitted but it may comfort me. So, for the autobiography essay, do you just skip the first part and talk about what've done after completing your undergrad if you have graduated a few years ago?
I'm an ESL and non-Canadian international. That's how I understood the question. I'm a non-trad and graduated a few years ago but have done grad school. I've just talked about my activities since my undergrad graduation and my current job. Is this the right way or I've just ruined my chances by misunderstanding the question? My actual life story pretty much covered in my PS, won't be different!

No II invites yet - under review (MSTP).

any of you those who got II are MSTP?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a silent follower for a while, registered to ask a kind of stupid question - it may not matter at this point as my application is submitted but it may comfort me. So, for the autobiography essay, do you just skip the first part and talk about what've done after completing your undergrad if you have graduated a few years ago?
I'm an ESL and non-Canadian international. That's how I understood the question. I'm a non-trad and graduated a few years ago but have done grad school. I've just talked about my activities since my undergrad graduation and my current job. Is this the right way or I've just ruined my chances by misunderstanding the question? My actual life story pretty much covered in my PS, won't be different!

No II invites yet - under review (MSTP).

any of you those who got II are MSTP?

I don't think there's any "wrong" way to answer the question. Don't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah sorry I was away for labor day weekend, got back to it sitting in my inbox so I didn't post on here until a few days later :)
Would you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on all the interviews. Crushing it

It's all in my signature and my MDApplicants profile page

Anyone who got an II, how long were you on "Under Review", before you got your decision?

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete 7/24 and still not under review. The secondary app is green and checked but under review is blank

Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 7.37.12 PM.png

You see what I mean? The clock thingy (I was complete 7/17)

Glad to see other people also aren’t “under review” since I was complete 7/21 & am also not under review. Guess we all just have to wait it out :)

For those waiting, should we just wait for a rejection?! I feel at this point after receiving 5 rejections already, no hope for me! It's September and no II yet, isn't it too late for an II now? Speaking in general not just Vandy, am I waiting for rejections?!

I submitted my primary on 07/11, was verified on 08/14 and submitted all secondaries within 10 days of receiving them
Complete 08/21 - under review.

Reactions: 1 user
For those waiting, should we just wait for a rejection?! I feel at this point after receiving 5 rejections already, no hope for me! It's September and no II yet, isn't it too late for an II now? Speaking in general not just Vandy, am I waiting for rejections?!

I submitted my primary on 07/11, was verified on 08/14 and submitted all secondaries within 10 days of receiving them
+1

If you were complete mid-late August at most schools, just remember that these response times can be very long. I was complete in July and haven't heard anything from the vast majority either. Waiting is the worst part, but don't feel like all hope is lost!

Reactions: 2 users

5 rejections already in such a short time? I dont know much about the system, but thats got to be some rotten luck! complete early-late august depending on when i finished secondaries.. and still havent heard a peep :(

Has anyone actually interviewed here yet? I'm wondering if it'll be a blind interview. Otherwise if they ask me to tell them about myself it's gonna be a bit difficult to not regurgitate what's in the autobiography :p

Has anyone actually interviewed here yet? I'm wondering if it'll be a blind interview. Otherwise if they ask me to tell them about myself it's gonna be a bit difficult to not regurgitate what's in the autobiography :p
I did! PM me

If you were complete mid-late August at most schools, just remember that these response times can be very long. I was complete in July and haven't heard anything from the vast majority either. Waiting is the worst part, but don't feel like all hope is lost!
This sounds encouraging, thanks!

5 rejections already in such a short time? I dont know much about the system, but thats got to be some rotten luck! complete early-late august depending on when i finished secondaries.. and still havent heard a peep :(
I should have mentioned, some of them were solely based on citizenship. I'm a non-Canadian international. I got 3 rejections right after my primary was verified. Only 2 rejections that were after I submitted my secondaries, penn state and west virginia. All other schools are high-tier compared to these two, this is why I'm discouraged!

I submitted primaries around 6/20 and received an email from Vanderbilt on 7/10 that they received my application. However, I have yet to receive a secondary or be denied. Do you think I should email them? Thoughts?

I should have mentioned, some of them were solely based on citizenship. I'm a non-Canadian international. I got 3 rejections right after my primary was verified. Only 2 rejections that were after I submitted my secondaries, penn state and west virginia. All other schools are high-tier compared to these two, this is why I'm discouraged!
Going through this too! I hope we make it in. Our options are really limited.

My under review tab is green and has a check mark. Has anyone else got this or do they know what it means? I'm applying MSTP if that maters.

Complete 8/5 and still no clock for Under Review

i have clock sign no green yet, maybe green means they completed review?

II today!!! Complete 7/13, currently scheduling on Mondays and Fridays in October/November

Reactions: 9 users
II today! Super excited as this is one of my top choices! Complete 7/23 and have done research here in the past.

Plenty of dates still open in Nov and Dec, so don't lose hope! :)