2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
11/13 interview, no call or email so far

Members don't see this ad.

Wait a second, did they forget some of us who interviewed on 10/31?!

Watch how I get an email with a R or WL the second I post this, haha.

Reactions: 1 user

Maybe you should email the admissions team?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via email, which instructed to check portal

interviewed 11/13

Reactions: 2 users
Alternate tier 2 via email to check portal as well
interviewed 11/13

Accepted via email, no call. Interviewed 11/6

I remember them saying on interview day that tier one of the alternate list is basically obsolete because those people all end up getting accepted. Does anyone else remember them saying this?

Reactions: 1 users

same here...10/31 and haven't heard anything yet

Anybody know when their interview season ends? This is tied for my #1 spot and I sent an update about 3 weeks ago.

Anybody know when their interview season ends? This is tied for my #1 spot and I sent an update about 3 weeks ago.
I believe someone mentioned that January is the last month they interview. They schedule interviews a week or two out so you still have a good bit of time.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe someone mentioned that January is the last month they interview. They schedule interviews a week or two out so you still have a good bit of time.
I wonder if a letter of interest would be overkill (since my last update was like 1/2 update and 1/2 LOI). They average MCAT scores so no surprise if they give me the axe but I just don’t want them to haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/20. OOS (with ties; will get in-state tuition if accepted), LM 67, URM. Didn't know about the averaging of MCAT scores here so that probably hurts since I'm a retake.

I was just curious if I should be anticipating news next week? Based on reading this board it seems it takes 4+ weeks instead of the 2-4 range.

I believe they release decisions every other week, so you may not hear back until after the holidays.

Interviewed 11/20. OOS (with ties; will get in-state tuition if accepted), LM 67, URM. Didn't know about the averaging of MCAT scores here so that probably hurts since I'm a retake.

I was just curious if I should be anticipating news next week? Based on reading this board it seems it takes 4+ weeks instead of the 2-4 range.
Do they average expired/old version MCAT scores as well? If they do, they'd have to use the conversion chart or somethin'.

I called admissions trying to reschedule my interview and was told that they only interview on Wednesdays and besides Dec 19th, the last interview date was Jan 8th!

I called admissions trying to reschedule my interview and was told that they only interview on Wednesdays and besides Dec 19th, the last interview date was Jan 8th!
I don't think that's true because some people had interviews on Tuesdays and Fridays as well. Maybe they only interview on Wednesdays from now on?

Placed on the Alternate List... :(.

What level? I heard if you're tier 1 or 2 you still have a solid chance since they actually pull a decent amount off of it. This year due to the traffic rule changes might be different though so who knows.

Does anyone remember what Tier 4 of the alternate list means?

Does anyone remember what Tier 4 of the alternate list means?
Tier 4 is the lowest tier. Tier 1 isn't real/doesn't exist as Dr. Tissot mentioned during interview day (the reason why is confusing but for our purposes is doesn't exist). Tier 2 is consequently the highest tier. Tier four means its very unlikely to receive an acceptance. However, you can keep updating them, send a letter of intent (if UC is your top choice school) and keep in contact with them and you can move up on the WL and possibly get an acceptance.

Anyone have any advice as to when it would be best to send a LOI or update? I was placed on the alternate list last week and in the last few days accepted a second job working in a lab. I don't start the job until January so maybe I should wait until then?

Anyone have any advice as to when it would be best to send a LOI or update? I was placed on the alternate list last week and in the last few days accepted a second job working in a lab. I don't start the job until January so maybe I should wait until then?
From reading other threads it sounds like it would be best to wait until after you get some experience at the job. Maybe February?

Alternate Tier 2...this was my only II so far. Gonna be a long wait from here :(

Alternate Tier 2...this was my only II so far. Gonna be a long wait from here :(
I got the same. I wonder if most of their spots are filled already?

Last edited:
Accepted by email this morning. OOS applicant. Interviewed 11/20. High MCAT (517) low GPA (3.3). My first acceptance for this cycle.

Reactions: 6 users
Sorry to hear that. Did you submit a letter of intent?

I sent an update with extracurriculars, a thank you letter/LOI, and fall semester grades. My grades weren’t posted until this week so this update came yesterday and I got the R today. I doubt they even looked at it.

I have my interview here coming up 01/08. Any advice on how to prepare? This will be my first MMI style interview.

I have my interview here coming up 01/08. Any advice on how to prepare? This will be my first MMI style interview.
I had my interview a while ago. You can't really prepare for their MMI as some of the prompts were very unexpected and out of the left field. I've heard that doing practice MMIs from the internet helps, but very low-yield as you are unlikely to come across similar prompts.

Got my II Dec 12, it's scheduled fo the 8th, the last possible date and my only II so far lol. 71 LM IS for reference. Anyone else go to the mixer the night before/planning on going?

edit: Anyone get placed on the tier 1 WL yet? I figure they've got a few spots open left at this point in the cycle but not very many :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The best thing to do is get some rest the night before and prepare to be yourself! Interviewers aren't looking for you to come up with all the "right" answers, but rather they want to know how you reason through things and see how you respond to being challenged. Be genuine in your responses and don't worry about saying what you think people want to hear. Interviewers are volunteering their time because they are invested in the next generation of UCCOM students, so they want you to succeed and will be rooting for you! :)

Does anyone know when we will receive the background checks to fill out? AAMC says they'll be sent out to all accepted students after Jan 1 but I've seen nothing so far.

Has anyone gone to the pre-interview student mixer hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion?

Do you have to bring anything to the interview like a passport-style photo?