2019-2020 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if second look will be affected by coronovirus?

I emailed the admissions office and have heard no response.

a lot of schools are starting to just close down completely, including my own workplace and I haven’t booked tickets to second look yet so idk if I should.
Based on what's on their site for covid-19 they seem to be operating as usual unless something changes. There were only 3 cases in Columbus, so I guess it depends on if that escalates or is contained. I'm sure if they change anything they'll let us know right away. Really hoping second look is able to continue as planned, but it's true that large gatherings of people from all over the country is not the best idea...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It's got to be a difficult decision on their part since 2nd look is a part of the moving in process. People use it to look for neighborhoods, roommates, etc. and that sort of thing is nontrivial. But, as future doctors, we all should be expected to make sacrifices for public health so I could see it going either way.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if second look will be affected by coronovirus?

I emailed the admissions office and have heard no response.

a lot of schools are starting to just close down completely, including my own workplace and I haven’t booked tickets to second look yet so idk if I should.
Case Western, OSU, and Toledo have all canceled theirs. I don't think it looks good. A lot of schools outside Ohio have, as well.

I'm not making any hotel reservations until it gets a lot closer to the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Case Western, OSU, and Toledo have all canceled theirs. I don't think it looks good. A lot of schools outside Ohio have, as well.

I'm not making any hotel reservations until it gets a lot closer to the date.

The governor of Ohio also issued a state of emergency and recommended against holding large events, no spectators for indoor sports, etc. so I would say the probability of this getting canceled is very high

The governor of Ohio also issued a state of emergency and recommended against holding large events, no spectators for indoor sports, etc. so I would say the probability of this getting canceled is very high
Just a TIL: State of emergency is typically just a financial issue and not an indication of how severe the circumstances are...so it's not quite as scary as it sounds but it's true that large gatherings are very discouraged at the moment :(

EDIT: "Effective immediately, any in-person UC events (on-campus or off-campus) with more than 150 attendees scheduled to occur between now and May 31, 2020, must be rescheduled, canceled or “virtualized.” " From their website under UC Events :((

Just a TIL: State of emergency is typically just a financial issue and not an indication of how severe the circumstances are...so it's not quite as scary as it sounds but it's true that large gatherings are very discouraged at the moment :(

EDIT: "Effective immediately, any in-person UC events (on-campus or off-campus) with more than 150 attendees scheduled to occur between now and May 31, 2020, must be rescheduled, canceled or “virtualized.” " From their website under UC Events :((
Oof. I’m going to bet it’s not happening. At least not at the date they scheduled before.

Oof. I’m going to bet it’s not happening. At least not at the date they schedule before.
They might be trying to figure out if they'll do something virtual before sending the formal cancellation/move date notice....

Does anyone know when financial aid should be coming out? I was accepted in October, and I haven't heard anything

Does anyone know when financial aid should be coming out? I was accepted in October, and I haven't heard anything
Did you follow their financial aid instructions and submit everything before feb 15?

in that email they said prelim aid packages would be sent out end of March.

Reactions: 1 user
They just canceled second look via email btw.

RIP second looks across the country

I just respect that they're gonna send us our swag. I can confirm I chose right.

I just respect that they're gonna send us our swag. I can confirm I chose right.

The Office Swag GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually legitimately concerned about the roommate-finding situation.

Saw the post on facebook, but didn't get an email about the second look cancellation... should I be worried? lol

edit: nvm hadn't RSVPd

Last edited:
Did anyone else recently lose a bunch of tabs on their MedOneStop Portal?

Check your inbox (or your spam possibly) for the Virtual 2nd Look email. I've been waiting for this. It'll give me something to do.

Have people received financial aid awards? I am not expecting any scholarships or grants but I am wondering about government loans. I haven't checked my portal recently but Iwill when I am home. I have not received an email. Just wondering.

Have people received financial aid awards? I am not expecting any scholarships or grants but I am wondering about government loans. I haven't checked my portal recently but Iwill when I am home. I have not received an email. Just wondering.
I believe packages are delayed, possible due to covid-19. I don't know anybody, myself included, who has gotten their package yet.

I believe packages are delayed, possible due to covid-19. I don't know anybody, myself included, who has gotten their package yet.
Thanks. That is what I figured. I just wanted to make sure my aid application hadn't hit a unique glitch.

Does anyone know how generous Cincy tends to be in terms of financial aid? Do they give out merit scholarships? Are they willing to match scholarships from other schools?

Does anyone know how generous Cincy tends to be in terms of financial aid? Do they give out merit scholarships? Are they willing to match scholarships from other schools?

They give out merit but I think it's pretty rare. My stats are a bit above their average and I didn't get any, so you must need to be well above their average to qualify. This is more so for next years applicants since I'm pretty sure everybody from this year got the package today,

They give out merit but I think it's pretty rare. My stats are a bit above their average and I didn't get any, so you must need to be well above their average to qualify. This is more so for next years applicants since I'm pretty sure everybody from this year got the package today,

Yup, got my package this morning. Stats are well above their average, was accepted on the earliest date, got scholarships from similarly ranked schools...didn't get a penny. I loved the school but it's just not affordable at full COA.

How do we go about asking to match? Do you list another specific amount ?

That's what I'm going to try. I'm seeing mixed advice on whether or not to name the other school, but I feel like they're going to ask for verification anyway, so I might as well state the offer up front. I'm going off a template that was mentioned in another thread (scroll about 3/4 of the way down).

Probably a dumb question, but where and when do I submit a transcript, and can I send an online one, or does it have to be physical? I'm on gap years, so my transcripts been complete since before I applied.

Probably a dumb question, but where and when do I submit a transcript, and can I send an online one, or does it have to be physical? I'm on gap years, so my transcripts been complete since before I applied.

I haven't seen anything about transcripts yet. They're supposed to be sending out a checklist of things to do before August sometime this month though

• Love
Does anyone happen to know how many people they generally have on their WL? I know there are tiers but other than that don’t know much about general WL movement other than that it happens after May 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Withdrew, was placed on Tier 3 WL in January. Good luck to all!

Withdrew my A from UCCOM. Best of luck to you all!

Has anyone accepted received their second look package yet?
they are not gonna mail anything until the lock down in ohio ends and that is projected to be the end of this month

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew acceptance with a heavy heart. Get those WLs moving!! :bear:

Reactions: 4 users
Will withdraw within the next few days... hoping i still get my second look stuff??

Withdrew my acceptance this morning. Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew this afternoon. Good luck to those on the waitlist.

Just checking in to say hello, and if any of y'all on the waitlist have seen any movement? Hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy! :)

Tier 2 here, none yet :/
Good luck on everyone else waiting!

Tier 4 and hoping for a miracle HAHAHA
good luck everyone

Tier 3 here! ugh lol.
Good luck everyone!

Tier 3 here!! Sending everyone my wishes. Does anyone have guesses on how COVID will affect waitlist movement?

Last edited:
Tier 3 here!! Sending everyone my wishes. Does anyone have guesses on how COVID will affect waitlist movement?

I’ve been watching some other threads and it just depends on when/how adcoms can meet. But UC is notorious for not having a lot of WL movement...I think at the interview they said they didn’t accept anyone off the WL last cycle not trying to diminish hope, that’s just what I heard! Let’s stay positive!! :)

Alright y'all, to calm some neuroticism, this is what the adcoms replied when I asked them about WL movement a while back...

"We are happy to clarify. Being assigned to Tier II means that you are currently assigned to the “top tier” of our Alternate List (as you’ll recall Tier I hasn’t been used in 5 yrs and is referred to as “Accept Full” – meaning you’d only be assigned to that tier if you were accepted, but no seats remained available). In terms of Tier II/top tier, you are in the most favorable position for receiving an offer. The likelihood of an offer is less likely on Tier3 and least likely on Tier 4. Offers are typically made from our Alt List between May and July of each year.

It is perfectly understandable that your memory from interview day is hazy! What you should remember is that last year was an anomaly in that we made zero offers from our Alt List (ie, no offers from any tier). That was the first year in our recent history that not a single offer was made. More commonly 10-20 offers are made from our Alt List each year (from Tiers II-IV, just depends on a variety of factors). Again, the likelihood of an offer is greater on Tier II and lowest on Tier IV.

We hope that this information is helpful and appreciate your continued interest in Cincinnati Medicine"

Alright y'all, to calm some neuroticism, this is what the adcoms replied when I asked them about WL movement a while back...

"We are happy to clarify. Being assigned to Tier II means that you are currently assigned to the “top tier” of our Alternate List (as you’ll recall Tier I hasn’t been used in 5 yrs and is referred to as “Accept Full” – meaning you’d only be assigned to that tier if you were accepted, but no seats remained available). In terms of Tier II/top tier, you are in the most favorable position for receiving an offer. The likelihood of an offer is less likely on Tier3 and least likely on Tier 4. Offers are typically made from our Alt List between May and July of each year.

It is perfectly understandable that your memory from interview day is hazy! What you should remember is that last year was an anomaly in that we made zero offers from our Alt List (ie, no offers from any tier). That was the first year in our recent history that not a single offer was made. More commonly 10-20 offers are made from our Alt List each year (from Tiers II-IV, just depends on a variety of factors). Again, the likelihood of an offer is greater on Tier II and lowest on Tier IV.

We hope that this information is helpful and appreciate your continued interest in Cincinnati Medicine"

Dang. 10-20 offers is a bit less than I thought/hoped for tbh. Thank you for posting this!

So another update guys, I just emailed adcoms regarding waitlist movement and they said that there's not been any movement from the waitlist, they will expect movement at the earliest at the end of May/early June. So hopefully this quells the constant portal refreshing for a couple weeks.