2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharin stats?
GPA: 3.48
MCAT: 506
Great deal of ECs w/leadership & community service
I am very much outside Pritzker's GPA & MCAT ranges so the II shocked me tbh.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else before 7/17 not get any news back? I was complete 7/15 and i'm stressin

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else before 7/17 not get any news back? I was complete 7/15 and i'm stressin
We got people complete before you still not hear anything. You're fine, just relax and wait for now.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have submitted secondaries - is there a place to upload updates in the portal? I don't see it there now but wondering if it appears after you submit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump on MSTP secondary essays, could someone who received post the prompts? Thanks!

His signature is a Lizzy M of about 80. It seems like everyone in this thread who got interviews has been 80+ rippp
If that's the case it would just be because they prioritize high stats for review. Plenty of lower stats will be interviewed!

If that's the case it would just be because they prioritize high stats for review. Plenty of lower stats will be interviewed!

True haha we just gotta wait it out :D

His signature is a Lizzy M of about 80. It seems like everyone in this thread who got interviews has been 80+ rippp
Not the case at all, my LizzyM is ~64 and I got an interview so they have been giving lower stats people interviews! Just have faith, it's still early!

Not the case at all, my LizzyM is ~64 and I got an interview so they have been giving lower stats people interviews! Just have faith, it's still early!

Are you by any chance URM, legacy, or any other ties to the school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not heard back from them, I was encouraged to apply through an e-mail, maybe I should not have? Trying to remain hopeful throughout this whole process is quite hard to do.

Have not heard back from them, I was encouraged to apply through an e-mail, maybe I should not have? Trying to remain hopeful throughout this whole process is quite hard to do.

No secondary yet you mean or no II? The emails encouraging applicants to apply are usually mailing list emails - just a heads up.

Remain hopeful, and best of luck to you this cycle :)

Are you by any chance URM, legacy, or any other ties to the school?

It's possible that they just have a strong application even with a Lizzy M of ~64. The way you asked that question is quite condescending!

Reactions: 8 users
It's possible that they just have a strong application even with a Lizzy M of ~64. The way you asked that question is quite condescending!
If you're URM, you'll get this a lot, even if you have a strong app. Ask me how I know lol

But this is also true:
Or perhaps @wwjd777 is trying to get a full picture of the situation?

Reactions: 8 users

Or perhaps @wwjd777 is trying to get a full picture of the situation? Not everything has to be taken as an affront to your sensibilities.

Reactions: 2 users
No secondary yet you mean or no II? The emails encouraging applicants to apply are usually mailing list emails - just a heads up.

Remain hopeful, and best of luck to you this cycle :)
Yes I know that, I just decided to take a chance. I sent in the secondary in, I am just waiting to hear back on the II

If you're URM, you'll get this a lot, even if you have a strong app. Ask me how I know lol

But this is also true:
Yes I am URM. Strong ECs I think helped my application a great deal

Why would it be condescending? Don’t take it to the wrong way. I would be proud if I had any ties to the school or I were URM. We are all trying to understand the II process at this early stage and gauge our chances. We just need to be realistic, that’s all.

Reactions: 2 users
Why would it be condescending? Don’t take it to the wrong way. I would be proud if I had any ties to the school or I were URM. We are all trying to understand the II process at this early stage and gauge our chances. We just need to be realistic, that’s all.

I think it can be considered condescending because sometimes (depending who is asking and how) it can seem like people are only saying you got x,y,z because of your race. I'm fine answering because I understand people are trying to understand this crazy process we call medical school admissions but just be cognizant that having successes attributed not to one's skills but merely how they identify is something a lot of URM have to deal with (I know from first-hand experience).

Reactions: 11 users
I think it can be considered condescending because sometimes (depending who is asking and how) it can seem like people are only saying you got x,y,z because of your race. I'm fine answering because I understand people are trying to understand this crazy process we call medical school admissions but just be cognizant that having successes attributed not to one's skills but merely how they identify is something a lot of URM have to deal with (I know from first-hand experience).

If you also feel that way, I apologize. I guess going forward, If someone decides to share his/her stats, I’d suggest to also include OOS/IS, URM/ORM, otherwise there is no good way to ask.

Reactions: 4 users
II on 7/27! Complete on 7/13. OOS. ORM, LizzyM 81. Let the games begin! :banana:

Reactions: 3 users
If you also feel that way, I apologize. I guess going forward, If someone decides to share his/her stats, I’d suggest to also include OOS/IS, URM/ORM, otherwise there is no good way to ask.

Alternatively you could just not ask as those are not stats..

I'm not sure why people have to be so sensitive. I think it's great that med schools work hard to form a diverse class, but it's silly for people to act like they don't know what that means when there is AAMC data expressly showing the statistics for it. People ask for "stats" when someone posts they received an interview, secondary, or acceptance because they want to gauge their own chances, but they also gauge their own chances based on their race because that's just how the process works and that's what the data dictates.

Reactions: 6 users
Would it be okay to provide an update on volunteering activities or new leadership positions for the "is there anything else you would like for us to know?" question?

Would it be okay to provide an update on volunteering activities or new leadership positions for the "is there anything else you would like for us to know?" question?
Yup!

How much does legacy status help the application?

I dont think it can save those of us with LMs under 80 lolol

EDIT: Man its been real quiet around here

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
For those who received IIs, what dates were available/offered?

is it bad to submit this after 2 months (i got the secondary in the first wave and probably cant submit for another week)

Last edited:
is it bad to submit this after 2 months (i got the secondary in the first wave and probably cant submit for another week)
it's better than not submitting it at all, in terms of your chances of getting in (unless you're concerned for financial reasons, in which case I'd say if your above the 25th percentile it is probably still worth it, but maybe not below that unless you have stellar ECs)

it's better than not submitting it at all, in terms of your chances of getting in (unless you're concerned for financial reasons, in which case I'd say if your above the 25th percentile it is probably still worth it, but maybe not below that unless you have stellar ECs)
not particularly (518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, normal ECs)