2019-2020 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

At the University of Chicago, in an atmosphere of interdisciplinary scholarship and discovery, the Pritzker School of Medicine is dedicated to inspiring diverse students of exceptional promise to become leaders and innovators in science and medicine for the betterment of humanity.

Our mission statement is an expression of our core purpose and educational philosophy. In particular, it highlights the value we place on diversity, the creation of new knowledge, service, and leadership. We look forward to learning more about you and your fit for our mission through the following questions.

Essay Question 1

Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Essay Question 2
Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Optional Essay
Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. We suggest that you limit your text to about 200 words.

Another prompt letting you explain why you didn't use a committee letter if your school offered one (200 words).

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: 2019-2020 University of Chicago

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would it be terribly late to be complete in August (ie submitting LoR and secondaries)? I am submitting my primaries this week, and I pretty sure verification will take about 4-6 weeks meaning I will get secondaries done in August.

Would it be terribly late to be complete in August (ie submitting LoR and secondaries)? I am submitting my primaries this week, and I pretty sure verification will take about 4-6 weeks meaning I will get secondaries done in August.
I think you will be fine, especially if the secondaries are well polished! n=1, but I completed my secondaries here late August last cycle and will be attending orientation in a few weeks! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you will be fine, especially if the secondaries are well polished! n=1, but I completed my secondaries here late August last cycle and will be attending orientation in a few weeks! :)

Do you mind if I pm you?

For the challenge secondary, should this "challenge" be interpreted as a long-term adversity type question or an acute situation?

Secondary received, can't see the prompts on my phone for some reason

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received! Anyone else see that the email says ¨for the 2019 entering class.¨ and not the 2020?

Dang how are you getting all of these secondaries so early lol. I've only received Umich and Washu

Honestly it could be an alphabetical thing? My last name is in the A-D range... otherwise I have no idea

Members don't see this ad :)
When I submitted my application, the fee was waived! Pretty awesome, the other schools that did this sent letters stating that they would. Thank you Pritzker!

To those that received secondaries, are the prompts the same as last year?

Reactions: 2 users
Dang how are you getting all of these secondaries so early lol. I've only received Umich and Washu
Same here. I guess throw in cinci too...but no Penn, no Chicago, no UCLA...maybe it is just alphabetical!? Who knows. If I don’t get a flood tomorrow then I am turning this ark around!

@PapaGuava
At the University of Chicago, in an atmosphere of interdisciplinary scholarship and discovery, the Pritzker School of Medicine is dedicated to inspiring diverse students of exceptional promise to become leaders and innovators in science and medicine for the betterment of humanity.

Our mission statement is an expression of our core purpose and educational philosophy. In particular, it highlights the value we place on diversity, the creation of new knowledge, service, and leadership. We look forward to learning more about you and your fit for our mission through the following questions.

Essay Question 1

Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Essay Question 2
Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Optional Essay
Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. We suggest that you limit your text to about 200 words.

Another prompt letting you explain why you didn't use a committee letter if your school offered one (200 words).

Reactions: 4 users
@PapaGuava

Essay Question 1

Essay Question 2

Optional Essay

Thank you!

550 words is a lot for "why our school" ...

Reactions: 2 users
Is availability of affordable housing in close proximity to the school with an excellent housing office something to put?

Probably just copypasta my UVA "Why us" which is like 350 words, then change the names of the curriculum, school, city, and facilities. Like....IDK.

UChicago's website is better, at least.