2019-2020 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They must have set up a R schedule for few every day to make it look like they have not just taken people's money..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, does anyone know how we should submit thank you letters to Pritzker? Should we email them to the admissions office or to each interviewer individually?

Has anybody been able to find more info about revisit weekend? I know it’s April 3-5th but does anyone know anything about the schedule of it?

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody been able to find more info about revisit weekend? I know it’s April 3-5th but does anyone know anything about the schedule of it?
No other info than what I got in the admissions packet which just said plan to be there through Sunday! Anyone know of an admitted students group on fb or something?

Anyone know when the next wave of decisions will be?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when the next wave of decisions will be?
/Is there going to be a larger release of decisions later in the cycle? The few waves of acceptances have been quite small compared to previous years.

Reactions: 6 users
/Is there going to be a larger release of decisions later in the cycle? The few waves of acceptances have been quite small compared to previous years.

I hope so! 4.5 months post-II and still holding out that I’ll get good news since they’re my top choice. Someone said they are transitioning to non-rolling admissions a few pages ago so hopefully they were correct about that because this silence feels so bad otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so! 4.5 months post-II and still holding out that I’ll get good news since they’re my top choice. Someone said they are transitioning to non-rolling admissions a few pages ago so hopefully they were correct about that because this silence feels so bad otherwise.

Same boat, interviewed August 12.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed this week and said decisions would come on last week of February, or first week of March depending on the admissions committee.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed this week and said decisions would come on last week of February, or first week of March depending on the admissions committee.
But was the last week Feb / early March relative to recent Interviews, or for ALL interviews since August?
I am wondering whether early interviewees passed over on the monthly batches means soft R versus like Northwestern where 70% of their acceptances come in late Feb/March no matter when you interviewed.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Does anyone know the turn around time for the MSTP decisions after the interview?

Hey, I have a few questions.

1) Would it help to send an interest letter (with minor update) if I interviewed back in October? Or is my decision likely made already?

2) Anyone know if we need (or should) submit any financial aid docs prior to acceptances in late Feb/early March?

Do you guys know if Pritzker re-evaluates merit aid at any point after admission? They’re like my top choice and I got admitted the first day but without scholarship unlike most early admits

If we interviewed early (sept/oct) and haven’t heard back, should we assume the worst?

Ahh.. thanks for sharing that. Looking at threads from past years scared me haha

Yeah in last year's thread, there were two august interviewees that were ghosted and subsequently waitlisted in March. I interviewed in August. While it was my first interview, I felt really strongly about my performance and loved the school. But I was also surrounded by GOD applicants, so who knows what happened to my app. Hoping they remember who I am come March :/

• Haha
Yeah in last year's thread, there were two august interviewees that were ghosted and subsequently waitlisted in March. I interviewed in August. While it was my first interview, I felt really strongly about my performance and loved the school. But I was also surrounded by GOD applicants, so who knows what happened to my app. Hoping they remember who I am come March :/

I’m in the same situation as you. Interviewed the first September date and felt it went strongly but I’ve been ghosted ever since. My hope/theory is that they score applicants and outright accept ones with above a certain threshold and then at the end of the application cycle accept the next X highest scores. So hopefully we’ve been scored highly enough that we’ll stack up favorably compared to everyone that interviewed after us!

I’m in the same situation as you. Interviewed the first September date and felt it went strongly but I’ve been ghosted ever since. My hope/theory is that they score applicants and outright accept ones with above a certain threshold and then at the end of the application cycle accept the next X highest scores. So hopefully we’ve been scored highly enough that we’ll stack up favorably compared to everyone that interviewed after us!

I hope so! Your theory lines up with what i've been reading and sorta what they said on my interview day, so im hoping it holds true. Best of luck to you

Last edited:
Also interviewed in August, also been ghosted :(

• Sad
Since there were no (reported) decisions this month, seems like maybe they wont release any more until March... Interviewed early oct. and haven't heard anything.

Also interviewed in early oct. and haven't heard. I think they are really taking this transition to non-rolling and running with it. Let's hope all this silence is a good thing...

Reactions: 4 users
i also interviewed on august 12 and am also currently being ignored. you're not alone!

In last year’s thread when you read through, were there any actual Acceptances for August /early Sept Interviewees once Feb/March came around?

Anyone know the stats for the U Chicago MSTP interviews? Like how many people interview, how many get accepted, how much waitlist is used?

According to my interview day, we should expect to hear a lot of A's around March
Did they mention approximately when in March? Need to know if I need to buy plane tickets b/c it will overlap with another school.

I thought we'd hear mid-Feb?

I think last year was like the very last day of February. Not sure about other years though. It would be nice to hear back soon considering I’m almost 6 months post-interview...

I think last year was like the very last day of February. Not sure about other years though. It would be nice to hear back soon considering I’m almost 6 months post-interview...

Yea man, nearly at the 7 month mark here lmao. Can’t believe it’s been this long

Reactions: 5 users
Have they sent out the details for Second Look yet? Do the spaces usually fill up fast/ will there be space for people accepted in the final wave?

they sent out an email about revisit ~30 mins ago!

Have they sent out the details for Second Look yet? Do the spaces usually fill up fast/ will there be space for people accepted in the final wave?
Do we know if the final wave is a Large wave relative to the rolling Acceptances already sent?

Did everyone who interviewed get this, or just folks who were already accepted?
I think only accepted students got it. I didn't get an email about it, and I'm still waiting to hear back about a decision post-interview.