2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoa, they started pulling from the waitlist? Well here's to constantly refreshing my email nonstop for the unforeseeable future. Congrats!!
Dr. Nield called me! So keep your ringer on and check your email!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! OOS waitlisted, LM 69, couldn't be more honored or happier to be a member of the Class of 2022 :soexcited:
Congrats! Did you send an LOI after being waitlisted? Not sure if I should send one since it would be a reiteration of my thank you letters

IS resident put on the waitlist in November, just got accepted today!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Did you send an LOI after being waitlisted? Not sure if I should send one since it would be a reiteration of my thank you letters
Thank you :) No to the LOI, but I was planning on it within the next few weeks anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! OOS waitlisted, LM 69, couldn't be more honored or happier to be a member of the Class of 2022 :soexcited:

IS resident put on the waitlist in November, just got accepted today!! :)

Congratulations! Welcome to the family. Don't forget to join the class Facebook page to connect with fellow students (WVU School of Medicine Class of 2022).

Could anyone recommend any apartment complexes in Morgantown? Are there any particular places where med students typically live? By the way, congratulations to all of those accepted from the waitlist! :highfive:

Could anyone recommend any apartment complexes in Morgantown? Are there any particular places where med students typically live? By the way, congratulations to all of those accepted from the waitlist! :highfive:
Congrats! Was this today? Are you oos?

Chateau Royale is located next to the hospital. It is a decent place for the proximity if you can endure the stadium noise in football season. I would look into the private rentals near the hospital. I live in a two bedroom one bath private for 675 a month with 2 car parking. Other places to look at: Stadium View, Metro Apartments at Ashley oaks, Copperfield Court. A pricier but better apartment complex would be Inglewood Square, but you would have to call now for a spot as they tend to be highly sought after.

Oh crap, OOSer here. I haven't checked this forum in months since my interview in September, but will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Sentimental since this school was one of the only schools to give me a fighting chance for my first cycle. Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 3 users
As for apartments, I'll also throw Georgetown into the mix. Basically anywhere you go within a one mile radius of the stadium is, on game day, an alcohol-fueled loudspeaker. Nowhere is safe except within the HSC.

The more real downside to Irwin or Valley View Ave is the quality of the roads. As someone who rode over the 2-foot deep pothole exiting the HSC yesterday, **** these streets.

Chateau Royale is located next to the hospital. It is a decent place for the proximity if you can endure the stadium noise in football season. I would look into the private rentals near the hospital. I live in a two bedroom one bath private for 675 a month with 2 car parking. Other places to look at: Stadium View, Metro Apartments at Ashley oaks, Copperfield Court. A pricier but better apartment complex would be Inglewood Square, but you would have to call now for a spot as they tend to be highly sought after.
$675 a month for a two bedroom with two car park?!?!?!?!?! Which place is this exactly? Chateau Royale?

$675 a month for a two bedroom with two car park?!?!?!?!?! Which place is this exactly? Chateau Royale?
Stadium Village Apartments. I didn't mention it because all the slots were taken. As of today, there are two openings on craigslist for $700 2-brm, however it is a different Landlord than my building so parking may be different.

Anymore acceptances from the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
When does the waitlist usually start moving?

When does the waitlist usually start moving?
Looks like normally In state in March/April and OOS after April. But based on this forum, already two - one in state and one OOS got accepted from waitlist couple of weeks back.

hi all! I just got off the waitlist (OOS, LM 70ish) and am assigned to Charleston- are there any current/prospective students with insight on the pros and cons of the charleston campus vs morgantown?

Reactions: 2 users
hi all! I just got off the waitlist (OOS, LM 70ish) and am assigned to Charleston- are there any current/prospective students with insight on the pros and cons of the charleston campus vs morgantown?
Congrats.. waitlisted in Dec??

Congratulations! I don't know about the pros and cons that are related to the campus. But Morgantown and Charleston have pretty different demographics. Morgantown is more of a college town with younger, college kids. Charleston is more of grown-ups town with many businessmen and politicians. You can see this as a pro or a con depending on your preference.

If you want to change your assigned campus, you would have to find someone in Morgantown to swap assignments with.

Congrats! Did you receive a phone call and an email? My phone is currently broken and I'm so anxious about missing a call

Charleston is a fine area - apparently it's nearly impossible to get your rotation campus changed anyway so I'd just buckle up and prepare for Charleston.

Congrats! Did you receive a phone call and an email? My phone is currently broken and I'm so anxious about missing a call
i got a call asking if i was still interested and after i said yes then i got an email? so you might want to somehow reaffirm your interest in case they try to reach you!

i got a call asking if i was still interested and after i said yes then i got an email? so you might want to somehow reaffirm your interest in case they try to reach you!

So did they say you were accepted during the phone call or did they just say something along the lines of check your email.

So did they say you were accepted during the phone call or did they just say something along the lines of check your email.
they didn’t send the email until i confirmed that i was interested in the spot, and once i said yes then they said “you’re accepted”

Does wvu usually see a lot of OOS waitlist movement in april and may?

Does wvu usually see a lot of OOS waitlist movement in april and may?
This is anecdotal, but all of the students I spoke to on interview day that were OOS said they were initially waitlisted. There might have been 3 of them? But yea the impression they gave is a lot of the OOS matriculants come from the waitlist.

This is anecdotal, but all of the students I spoke to on interview day that were OOS said they were initially waitlisted. There might have been 3 of them? But yea the impression they gave is a lot of the OOS matriculants come from the waitlist.
The oos students I talked to during my interview day also were waitlisted first. Do you know how many people are usually on the waitlist though?

The oos students I talked to during my interview day also were waitlisted first. Do you know how many people are usually on the waitlist though?
I don't know, but based on this thread it would probably be a few hundred.

I don't know, but based on this thread it would probably be a few hundred.
Yea, WVU said that they waitlist a lot more than they accept or reject post-interview. It just means that all of us will be stressed out for longer!

Reactions: 1 users
Yea, WVU said that they waitlist a lot more than they accept or reject post-interview. It just means that all of us will be stressed out for longer!
Ugh that defintely just makes me more stressed

I've heard that a lot of the IS waitlisted are accepted in March, and in April they start to accept more OOS students off the waitlist

So MSAR just updated and said the new stats for admission are 3.84 GPA and 507 MCAT. Does anyone know if this is up from last year?

Friends - I need some advice... I am planning to submit the Letter of Intent. As per the wait list communication, I have to submit it through the portal (checklist). Is it OK to send it to Assistant Dean of Admissions as well through email? Hoping I can find the email address..