2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How much of an impact does a letter of intent make for an OOS student?

Members don't see this ad.

How much of an impact does a letter of intent make for an OOS student?
Sent one back in November, still on waitlist. Depends on a number of factors but will definitely show interest. I would just say to make sure you don’t send multiple letters of intent, as schools do communicate and it is frowned upon.

Sent one back in November, still on waitlist. Depends on a number of factors but will definitely show interest. I would just say to make sure you don’t send multiple letters of intent, as schools do communicate and it is frowned upon.
Ok thanks. Did you just upload them in the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a scholarship beyond loans yet?

According to the webinar they had the other day, scholarship notifications are going out via snail mail??? I'm not sure if there will ever be an email.

I actually got a call and email after not picking up the phone for a scholarship opportunity.
Nice! Do you mind saying how much? I'm not sure what scholarships are like for MD programs at state schools (as in usual range of $$).

Nice! Do you mind saying how much? I'm not sure what scholarships are like for MD programs at state schools (as in usual range of $$).

What kinda stats does one need for scholarships? 4.0/528/ h o l i s t i c?

Last edited:
Accepted just now from the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who has been actively updating their portal throughout the semester or sent in a LOI? Wanted to see if this had any affect on movement from waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Im OOS and sent a LOI and have heard back nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
did you guys address LOI to Dr. Nield or to the admissions committee?

Any WL movement here recently?

I had recently called the Office of Admission and was told that the class is full and to expect waitlist movement early May per usual.

Last year most of the movement happened the last week of April- Mid May like most schools. Almost there guys!

Just got the call today! Accepted off the waitlist, OOS. SO STOKED!

Reactions: 9 users
thanks! I've sent in an update and a letter of interest since my interview!

I've heard that some schools almost exclusively accept people off the waitlist who wrote letters of intent, instead of just a letter of interest. Does anyone know if that applies for WVU?

I've heard that some schools almost exclusively accept people off the waitlist who wrote letters of intent, instead of just a letter of interest. Does anyone know if that applies for WVU?
Haven't seen a difference on here (most people pulled from waitlist actually had a letter of interest only)

So does sending a letter of intent make you more likely to be accepted off WL rather than just sending in letter of interest? I already sent it my letter of intent a couple weeks ago but I am just wondering.

Just withdrew my acceptance, going to another school. I'm a West Virginia resident. Good luck everyone!

Hoping for some waitlist movement in the next couple weeks!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted into my top choice program.....gonna let go of my waitlist (OOS) spot here to free up some room. Really liked this school too + sent a letter of interest. Anyone know how we go about withdrawing? I don't see a button on the portal, I guess I'll call tomorrow when the office is open.

Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted into my top choice program.....gonna let go of my waitlist (OOS) spot here to free up some room. Really liked this school too + sent a letter of interest. Anyone know how we go about withdrawing? I don't see a button on the portal, I guess I'll call tomorrow when the office is open.

Good luck everyone else!

You are a champ!

...they probably need a withdrawal in writing, though. Could try an email to the admissions email.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning. OOS. LizzyM 70

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know how many people are actually on the waitlist?