2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like acceptances off the waitlist won't start trickling in until Jan-Feb

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that were accepted directly, did you email directly tell you about your acceptance, or were you just told to check the portal?

For those that were accepted directly, did you email directly tell you about your acceptance, or were you just told to check the portal?

My email said congratulations that I'd been accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my II. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Any pre and/or post interview events or social gatherings for interviewees?

Does anyone know how the Tracks work at WVU (e.g. Global Health Track)? Do you apply for the tracks after receiving an acceptance?

Does anyone know how the Tracks work at WVU (e.g. Global Health Track)? Do you apply for the tracks after receiving an acceptance?
I take it that you were accepted today as a Canadian? Congrats!

Are there any questions I have to answer before my interview date? I remember people talking about something of the sort.

what is the difference between problem based learning groups and clinical learning groups at WVU?

what is the difference between problem based learning groups and clinical learning groups at WVU?

They're pretty much the same thing but PBL emphasized preclinical stuff with action maps or whatever, while CLG was more clinical, little more relevant to Step 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which campus do y’all recommend? They are all so great to me haha
Two campus are kinda similar, the other very different. The one in the East is very rural, so if you are into that, put that. Charleston vs Morgantown, which atmosphere do you like more, college town or more professional town? Charleston largest hospital in WV but morgantown has all the awesome WVU stuff.

Morgantown might have the best opportunities, and you will have set up great relationships for potentially two years. Also, no one wants to physically move, it's a hassle.

Charleston is apparently more of a grown-up town compared to the college town of Morgantown. Match rates seem good for both.

Eastern has few/no residents, so you're up first. On everything. They also have modular education. And they're rural as Salsa said.

So I am expected to hear back from here tomorrow since I interviewed there last week. What time did you guys approximately get your decision emails?

So I am expected to hear back from here tomorrow since I interviewed there last week. What time did you guys approximately get your decision emails?

bump

woah woah woah did I miss the detail that WVU gets back to you this quickly with a decision post-interview?!

OOS WL. Really disappointing. Thought my interview went well. When does the WL usually start moving?

Last edited:
OOS WL. Really disappointing. Thought my interview went well. When does the WL usually start moving?

The waitlist isn't a bad place to be for WVU, there is generally a TON of movement. Keep your head up!

My email doesnt say congratulations, just please check your portal. Assuming WL? I have to wait until i get home to log in because I dont have my laptop.

Any suggestions on when to upload a letter of interest? I've been on the waitlist for about a month now. Since there is only a spot to upload one letter of interest, I don't want to do it too early or too late.

I feel like I never see anyone get rejected post-II. Everyone seems to be either accepted or put on WL. Makes me nervous for WL movement.

Reactions: 3 users
I recently emailed Dr. Nield about waitlist movement and she said that movement won’t start until interviews are over, which won’t be for another 2 months. Maybe there’s a possibility that there could be some movement before then but she didn’t mention that.

I feel like I never see anyone get rejected post-II. Everyone seems to be either accepted or put on WL. Makes me nervous for WL movement.

That's just confirmation bias...remember these forums are self reported and people and way more likely to report succes versus failure.

Reactions: 2 users
I recently emailed Dr. Nield about waitlist movement and she said that movement won’t start until interviews are over, which won’t be for another 2 months. Maybe there’s a possibility that there could be some movement before then but she didn’t mention that.
Wow two months! Time to hunker down. Maybe i’ll try to trap a coon and make a hat in the meantime in case I get off the waitlist

Just found out I got waitlisted :/ OOS applicant. But from how many people I see getting waitlisted, I am thinking that this is pretty much just a rejection.

Its not a rejection, they pull the OOS people off waitlist in a couple months
I am just a bit pessimistic as they said that more people get waitlisted than rejected. Does anyone know what percent of the wait list has gotten an acceptance in the past few years?

I am just a bit pessimistic as they said that more people get waitlisted than rejected. Does anyone know what percent of the wait list has gotten an acceptance in the past few years?

I feel you, the only stat ive seen is that "over 50% of the incoming class is pulled off the waitlist".