2017-2018 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It looks like they are doing them in batches. I got mine today and only submitted a little less than 2 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

OMG I got one of the 60k scholarships. I'm still in shock a day later.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So... I just realized that they send out complete emails and I never got one. I submitted my secondary late July, OOS. I should probably call the admissions office to check on that?

II this morning IS
complete late august

Reactions: 3 users
Any feedback on the MMI from those who have interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
II today for mid December for those of you wondering where they're at in the cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about November acceptances? Under the impression we would hear yesterday or today but it seems as though no one has heard yet...

When i interviewed in October they said 3rd or 4th week of november...

Just got a phone call with an acceptance! Interviewed on 10/15!

SAME. Accepted. I am still deathly afraid of spiders.

Complete email on 9/30 and haven’t heard anything since

I think you were at my interview day, the spider WAS good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
Definitely was! Nothing says I can handle stressful situations like climbing on furniture to escape a moderately sized spider, haha!

for anyone who already interviewed, what kind of questions did you get? how was the mmi?

for anyone who already interviewed, what kind of questions did you get? how was the mmi?
The questions were pretty standard but a lot will depend on your specific interviewer. For the MMI, keep in mind two things:

1. They want to asses your abilities of communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution.

2. You have to do this while embodying those traits described in your application (compassion, charisma, integrity, etc.) that led to you getting invited to interview.

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

Any recent II go out or pre-II rejections?

I have been complete since early October and have yet to receive a complete email. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't gotten one yet since this thread is quite compared to so many others but still it's getting frustrating

I have been complete since early October and have yet to receive a complete email. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't gotten one yet since this thread is quite compared to so many others but still it's getting frustrating
Same. I haven't heard anything!

LOL the spider!!!!

I loved the building and location (from around Greenville) but still debating between Greenville and Columbia. Greenville seemed so much nicer, but felt Columbia may be less stress. Any of you guys make a decision between the two?

When was the last time II were sent out? I haven't heard anything since Secondary submission either :( Sigh

They're still interviewing. I received an II about a week ago for early January. IS complete sometime in October.

Wondering if I'm ever going to receive a complete email. Really starting to regret ever applying here

Last edited:
I can't speak for the silent rejections but I interviewed here last week. This school is a little slower pre-II than other schools because they put a greater emphasis on your secondary essays than other schools when deciding who to interview. People actually read what you write (and not just your interviewer the morning of or the day before your interview). Hang in there, they will be interviewing for another month or two.

Has anybody that interviewed last month heard from them? They told us they would let us know by mid-January either way...