2021-2022 South Carolina, Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
One of my friends got Rejected early afternoon. Nothing on my end.

One of my friends got Rejected early afternoon. Nothing on my end.
Oh wow, did he interview this month? I had no idea they reject people. Only thought they did active consideration and acceptance. Good luck, and sorry for your friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow, did he interview this month? I had no idea they reject people. Only thought they did active consideration and acceptance. Good luck, and sorry for your friend.
I believe they interviewed sometime this month. I hadn't heard of any hard R's either so definitely discouraging. We shall keep our heads up and our fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an II on Monday! Submitted in July/August and hadn't heard anything since. OOS with stats pretty much right on the median.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when people who get the “continue to evaluate” email post-II might hear back? Like do they have specific decision dates, or can it be any time?

Does anyone know when people who get the “continue to evaluate” email post-II might hear back? Like do they have specific decision dates, or can it be any time?
It seems like you wont hear back until they make the waitlist. They actually made the waitlist relatively early last year and released it on March 4th. From there, you can find out what tier you are on which will give you a much better idea of your chances of getting in. The first reported A from the WL on sdn from Greenville last year didnt occur until April 14th but movement was pretty steady after the 14th up until May11th which was the last reported A from the wl last year on sdn.

It seems like you wont hear back until they make the waitlist. They actually made the waitlist relatively early last year and released it on March 4th. From there, you can find out what tier you are on which will give you a much better idea of your chances of getting in. The first reported A from the WL on sdn from Greenville last year didnt occur until April 14th but movement was pretty steady after the 14th up until May11th which was the last reported A from the wl last year on sdn.
Thank you, this was very helpful! :)

Just did an interview here today, pretty good experience

Members don't see this ad :)
So is anyone who is still “continuing to evaluate” pretty much on waitlist at this point?

So is anyone who is still “continuing to evaluate” pretty much on waitlist at this point?
I'm expecting the waitlist to come out sometime next week based on last year
Question is how do they determine who to WL from that group lol

I'm expecting the waitlist to come out sometime next week based on last year
Question is how do they determine who to WL from that group lol
I’d assume since the WL is ranked, they score our applications based on gpa, mcat, interview scores, extracurriculars, racial preferences, adversity etc and cut the lowest scores

can anyone who has interviewed here dm me about your interview experience! :)

II Today, OOS

• Love
No, they actually called, and I missed it and the lady sent me a text. I called her back and she after our conversation she sent me an official II via email.

• Wow
Interview is 3/28
Good luck my friend 🤩 was asking bc I thought the waitlist would come out tm based off last year + msar, but ik they wait till all interviews are over so I was way off lol. You got this!

• Love
No, they actually called, and I missed it and the lady sent me a text. I called her back and she after our conversation she sent me an official II via email.
That’s wonderful! Congratulations!!

Has anyone that was placed under continued review been accepted this cycle? In their email they say they accept students from that pool every month but haven't seen anything on this thread yet lol

Has anyone that was placed under continued review been accepted this cycle? In their email they say they accept students from that pool every month but haven't seen anything on this thread yet lol
I emailed Lucy and she told to expect to hear in April 🙃

Does it bother any other waitlisted IS above average applicants when you see lower stat OOS kids get the A from this school? South Carolina is experiencing a physician shortage which these schools say the want to address yet they opt for OOS applicants (that make up 40% of their class) over qualified IS kids (who are statistically more likely to stay and practice within SC). Even if I got in off waitlist here, I'm more inclined to go to the out of state private schools that have accepted me from a sense of loyalty to those schools and will practice outside of SC which further exacerbates the physician shortage problem. just wondering if anyone else feels the same way or if I'm just being petty

Last edited:
Does it bother any other IS above average applicants when you see lower stat OOS kids get the A from this school? South Carolina is experiencing a physician shortage which these schools say the want to address yet they opt for OOS applicants (that make up 40% of their class) over qualified IS kids (who are statistically more likely to stay and practice within SC). Even if I got in off waitlist here, I'm more inclined to go to the out of state private schools that have accepted me from a sense of loyalty to those schools and will practice outside of SC which further exacerbates the physician shortage problem. just wondering if anyone else feels the same way or if I'm just being petty
Not in the slightest. I also believe and support there aim to increase diversity in medicine. Stats on the mcat are not everything when it comes to medicine or caring for patients and neither do they determine what kind of doctor someone will be. I definitely support their aim in supporting underrepresented students who might have received lower stats but made up for the number in showing adversity through their stories, experiences, and determination to one day be doctors. Have an awesome day.