2021-2022 South Carolina, Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just interviewed, which I loved this school! Anyone know the etiquette on Thank you’s for here ? I can’t find my interviewers emails. Thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just interviewed, which I loved this school! Anyone know the etiquette on Thank you’s for here ? I can’t find my interviewers emails. Thanks so much :)
I always thought you had to email their admissions office or like whatever email sent you the interview. If you really want to make it personal but can't find your interviewers emails you could mention them in your thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an invite the other day. Was RD, submitted on 8/10.
I submitted before you and heard nothing. Excuse my lack of knowledge about Admission committee process, but is this a bad sign? I really really like this school!

Last edited:
OOO I submitted before you and heard nothing. Excuse my lack of knowledge about Admission committee process, but is this a bad sign? I really really like this school!
Also oos and submitted secondary a pretty long time ago and it’s been silence

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted before you and heard nothing. Excuse my lack of knowledge about Admission committee process, but is this a bad sign? I really really like this school!
Last year I had friends that applied at the same time as me and got II in September and I didn't get my II until December. I honestly think it's based off stats, so it's not necessarily a bad sign that you haven't heard back yet.

I submitted first day with a LM of 69 and am IS and havent heard back yet. It sounds like someone OOS has already received an II from them with a LM of 69. No chance they were able to submit before me since I submitted the first day possible. Makes me wonder if they are factoring in things other than stats since they are already interviewing out of state kids
I know last year they accepted a higher percentage of OOS students than they normally do. I also submitted the first day IS with a LM of 68 and haven't heard anything.

Glad you had a great interview! What were the questions like? I got an II but I’m having trouble finding info on the interview process. It seems very relaxed

Members don't see this ad :)
Current student here!
I had plenty of schools (USCSOMG and others) that I applied to before others and they heard back before me anyways. Some I got interviewed and some I got rejections. I don't think it dictates your future immediately - there are a lot of factors that go into the process. It's easier said than done in this process, but don't let the anxiety train of thought overwhelm you on that! Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! IS complete 7/26. Interview on 10/13.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when they said they’d let us know a decision in November? Was it November 18th?

Does anyone know if this school screens before giving a secondary?

II today. Submitted 10/14. Instate 3.8/518

• Love
Interviewed today mannn -- gonna be a tough 3 weeks to wait! Good luck everyone :) don't be scared of the MMIs lol

Reactions: 1 users
Thursday Nov 18th! Hopefully it flies by

• Care
II today! Submitted 9/8, OOS

Anyone else submit like early August and not heard anything yet?

Reactions: 8 users
Has greenville given out any regular decision acceptances yet or is thursday the first round of RD A's?

Looks like they normally call in the afternoon of the day they release decisions. bout to be crunch time

Just got the acceptance call. 3.8/518 Instate interviewed 11/1

• Love
Just got an email saying I’m not accepted but they are still considering me

To any current students on this thread: I’m looking to surprise my parents with SOMG shirts to reveal my acceptance, but can’t find anywhere that sells SOMG apparel (only SOM Columbia). Where can I find SOMG specific apparel? I’ve scoured the internet and can’t find anything.

To any current students on this thread: I’m looking to surprise my parents with SOMG shirts to reveal my acceptance, but can’t find anywhere that sells SOMG apparel (only SOM Columbia). Where can I find SOMG specific apparel? I’ve scoured the internet and can’t find anything.
The school store is only open a couple of times a year for orders, and it closes at midnight tonight so hopefully you see this before then - U of SC School of Medicine Greenville

Does anyone know if they also send out rejections or is it only continue to evaluate emails?