2022-2023 South Carolina, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2022-2023 South Carolina, Columbia Secondary Essay Prompts:
No character limit listed for any question.

1. What are your medical practice goals?

2. Describe your employment status since you completed your bachelor's degree (part-time, full-time, and dates) (only if you have graduated)

3. In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?

4. What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?

5. Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?

6. Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.

7. We desire to train students and physicians to work with the diverse patients of our state and nation. Please share at least one experience that has impacted your appreciation for diversity and your ability to relate to those who are unlike you. Do share what you learned from the experience as well.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IS secondary received! They are the exact same ones from last year, no character or word limit from what I can see

IS secondary received as well this morning at 9:20 AM. Submitted at 1:46 PM.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long is everyone making their responses? Seems like most of these questions can be answered in a paragraph

I honestly have no ties to SC. (IS in the border state though) Is it still worth it to write secondaries?

How long is everyone making their responses? Seems like most of these questions can be answered in a paragraph
I had a couple that were like 1000 characters and others that were over 4000 characters including spaces. Probably don't need to be that long, but there used to be a 2000 character limit iirc

II this morning! IS LM 69.5 White

Last edited:
II this morning as well! Complete on 7/5

Edit: IS applicant

Last edited:
Those with IIs, are you guys OOS or IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS here, but graduated from USC

II right now complete 6/29, earliest interview date 11/02

Pre-II R this morning, I didn't know it was even possible to be rejected this early :rofl: 516 3.4 engineering undergrad with loose ties to SC, complete 7/9

INTERVIEW INVITE THIS MORNING!!!!!! WOOOOO!!

OOS, complete July 4th :) LizzyM 70

Last edited:
II this morning, earliest interview date 11/16

II this morning, earliest interview date 11/30

Reactions: 1 users
First R of the cycle for me just now <3
No ties to SC so I’m not super surprised haha

Reactions: 2 users
IS II today! Saw an available date in september and scheduled it. wondering if it was a glitch since everyone else is scheduled so far out

Submitted 8/29, IS II today. Earliest available was early Feb :oops:

Submitted 8/29, IS II today. Earliest available was early Feb :oops:
I think I saw someone on here say they accept a number of students from every interview date, so some people with earlier interviews are put on "continuing to evaluate" and get a later acceptance/rejection after the later interviews

I think I saw someone on here say they accept a number of students from every interview date, so some people with earlier interviews are put on "continuing to evaluate" and get a later acceptance/rejection after the later interviews
This makes me feel better! Thank you!

What's the earliest date people have been able to schedule interviews?

OOS II received, submitted 9/6 (<48 hour turnaround time, super impressed by the admissions office tbh)

earliest interview date is in February 😭😭

I have an interview coming up, but am concerned I will be automatically rejected post-interview because I don't fit into the examples provided for what qualifies as 'close-ties'. Anyone know if this is more loosely defined?
I don't think they would interview you if you didnt meet the criteria somehow. Why would they waste their time with an interview if they were planning to automatically reject you

I have an interview coming up, but am concerned I will be automatically rejected post-interview because I don't fit into the examples provided for what qualifies as 'close-ties'. Anyone know if this is more loosely defined?

When is your interview??

Good luck to everyone else interviewing tomorrow! A bit sick with nervousness but I am sure we will all do amazing.

Submitted secondary 9/27, IS II on 10/4, earliest interview date was March 8 and I only saw dates going through end of March

Just got the call a few minutes ago!!!! Stats are in signature. First A!!

The silence is killing me hahahaha

Got the A at 2:20 PM! Several cycles of disappointment led to this moment. Don’t lose hope everyone!