2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! I was pulled off the waitlist last week and offered an Army slot. Looking forward to serving with the class of 2022.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Received letter yesterday in the mail stating I have been placed on the waitlist, interviewed 1/18.
Edit: I am now realizing my waitlist letter does not have a branch on it. Did this happen to anyone else?

My waitlist letter also did not specify a branch so I imagine that is the norm.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! I was pulled off the waitlist last week and offered an Army slot. Looking forward to serving with the class of 2022.
What day did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any thoughts on sending a letter of intent to the admissions office or Dr. Saguil after being waitlisted? Or better to just wait it out?

Does anyone have any thoughts on sending a letter of intent to the admissions office or Dr. Saguil after being waitlisted? Or better to just wait it out?

LOI's will only help your chances if the school is, in fact, your primary choice. If it is not, save yourself the trouble. Don't be the person who writes a glowing letter of intent then rejects an acceptance when it is offered. Just my two cents!

Good luck :)

I wrote one a few weeks after my interview. I have yet to hear back, but I wanted to give my application the highest chances.

Post interview hold status. Not good, not necessarily bad. Seems like just a little bit more waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist notification today. Hopefully, some spots open up! Any idea how long the wait may be?

Waitlist as well. Was on hold in December. I believe this school has a high rate of waitlist movement so let's be optimistic!

From "hold" to "waitlist" as well. Interviewed back in October!

Happy to be on the waitlist. Congrats to everyone else that recently found out. During the interview day Col. Saguil said they went through the entire waitlist last cycle. Hoping for the same this year.

Waitlist notification today. Hopefully, some spots open up! Any idea how long the wait may be?
We'll probably all be waiting through mid- to late-April as the decision day approaches. This process takes so much patience!

Happy to be on the waitlist. Congrats to everyone else that recently found out. During the interview day Col. Saguil said they went through the entire waitlist last cycle. Hoping for the same this year.

They definitely did not got through the entire waitlist last cycle. I know this because I was waitlisted last year and was never offered a spot.

They definitely did not got through the entire waitlist last cycle. I know this because I was waitlisted last year and was never offered a spot.

What branch were you on the wait list for? The tone delivered was that if you get a waitlist spot, even this late in the cycle, you are in a good spot. Best of luck this time around!

What branch were you on the wait list for? The tone delivered was that if you get a waitlist spot, even this late in the cycle, you are in a good spot. Best of luck this time around!
Navy.

I hope you can stay so positive and hopeful about it, but I just wanted to warn everyone that the waitlist is just that- there is no guarantee that you will get a spot off of it.

Sorry, if this question has been answered before... When are we actually "committed" to USUHS. I have acceptance to AF but still waiting to hear from other schools on WL.
I heard that contract packages will go out this week . Does signing that contract package makes it a Commitment, even if the OATH is not yet taken ?

Any recent waitlist movement ?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone confirmed for the April-June session of ODS? I keep on getting conflicting information.

For those on the waitlist, have you received any sort of communication since your waitlist mail?

For those on the waitlist, have you received any sort of communication since your waitlist mail?

Waitlisted in mid-February and have heard nothing since! Am getting quite ancy over here...

Last edited:
I have not heard anything either. Hopefully the waitlist will start to move lot more this month.

Withdrawing my Navy spot so congratulations to whoever gets off the wait list! Wanted to go to USUHS for over 4 years since I was a college freshman. Ultimately have to make the tough choice of withdrawing due to family/personal reasons.

Reactions: 5 users
Havnt heard anything since mid March.. hoping Army spots open up

Does anyone know how many applicants are placed on the waitlist every year? MSAR says roughy 100 people on the waitlist get acceptances.

Does anyone know how many applicants are placed on the waitlist every year? MSAR says roughy 100 people on the waitlist get acceptances.
Where did you get this information from?

Phone call today; accepted Navy.

Prior USMC, then civilian working as an NRP. 505, 3.71, complete in Oct, interviewed in December and placed on waitlist initially.

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off waitlist for Air Force! Interviewed November,Prior enlisted USAF Surg tech, OOS 508 3.8 non-trad with family (wife is finishing her USAF enlistment up in September) good luck to everyone, the waitlist is starting to kick-off!

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry, if this question has been answered before... When are we actually "committed" to USUHS. I have acceptance to AF but still waiting to hear from other schools on WL.
I heard that contract packages will go out this week . Does signing that contract package makes it a Commitment, even if the OATH is not yet taken ?

In the Army appointment packet instructions, it specifically states that contract paperwork is non-binding until you raise your right hand and state the Oath of Office. I believe it is safe to assume the other branches are the same but please correct me if I'm wrong. Congrats on the acceptance!

accepted off waitlist today, navy, interviewed 1/18; 508, 3.7 undergrad, 3.99 grad, non-trad, no prior service and super dang excited!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know where most USUHS med students live? Looking for housing...

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance two days ago. Air Force. Hope it goes to a deserving applicant. Best of luck.

Does anyone know where most USUHS med students live? Looking for housing...

Depends on your transportation situation. If you want to rely strictly on the metro, any apartment or house up and down the red line should be good. If you have a car, that obviously expands your choices. Wheaton towards the east has quite a few USUHS people living there and the rent is better than grosvenor strathmore.

Anyways, need more details on what you are looking for in order for me to give advice.

Withdrawing from other schools - me and the green weenie shall be friends again.

There a Facebook group yet?

Withdrawing from other schools - me and the green weenie shall be friends again.

There a Facebook group yet?
Bruh. you have a pros/cons list you can send me? I have no idea what to do. My green-weenie memories are giving me hard time.
Also, yeah there's a FB group. Search: USU Hebert School of Medicine Class of 2022

In the Army appointment packet instructions, it specifically states that contract paperwork is non-binding until you raise your right hand and state the Oath of Office. I believe it is safe to assume the other branches are the same but please correct me if I'm wrong. Congrats on the acceptance!
Thank you ! First clear indication on this question...
I am excited about coming to UHS, where AF COT doesn't start until June 26th. Wonder when the Scrolling would be completed and the Orders come in to take the Oath ?

Bruh. you have a pros/cons list you can send me? I have no idea what to do. My green-weenie memories are giving me hard time.
Also, yeah there's a FB group. Search: USU Hebert School of Medicine Class of 2022
The way I see it - it is unlikely you’ll mop rain this time around. You made it once - you’ll do it again.

Withdrew my acceptance today. One of the toughest decisions I've made in a while, but in the end I think it's the right decision. I want to wish you all good luck, and thank you for choosing to serve our country. You all are the best of the best. Hope this brings someone off the waitlist and makes their day.

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call this morning. Army. @hoosierdoctor13 thank you for making that difficult choice. Made this account to let you know you made my day. Looking forward to serve.

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call this morning. Army. @hoosierdoctor13 thank you for making that difficult choice. Made this account to let you know you made my day. Looking forward to serve.
Thanks for letting me know. It really makes the decision feel better. Good luck!