2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call this morning. Army. @hoosierdoctor13 thank you for making that difficult choice. Made this account to let you know you made my day. Looking forward to serve.
Congrats. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Tough decision but ultimately decided to withdraw my AF acceptance. I hope this goes to one of you who will serve our country proudly!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 30NOV, wait listed 26 JAN. Currently serving as a Battalion Medical Officer in the Army. Conditional Release just went through 27MAR (that took soooo long to get approved). GPA 3.88, MCAT 512. Fingers crossed here. Serving as a military physician is my dream. I'm starting to get pretty nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 30NOV, wait listed 26 JAN. Currently serving as a Battalion Medical Officer in the Army. GPA 3.88, MCAT 512. Fingers crossed here. Serving as a military physician is my dream. I'm starting to get pretty nervous.

If you look back at past years forums (and based on what COL Saguil has said), we can expect the most movement in the waitlist, especially Army, in the next two weeks. Stay positive!

Reactions: 1 user
If you look back at past years forums (and based on what COL Saguil has said), we can expect the most movement in the waitlist, especially Army, in the next two weeks. Stay positive!
Does anyone know the number of people in the waitlist?

For navy, I think it’s 50 or so. They accidentally forgot to hide the recipient info for those they sent the orders info request to for navy. When they sent out that email, there were 90ish on it. But, that email was to those who were conditionally accepted, unconditionally accepted, waitlisted and placed on the alternate list! It’s a little roundabout, but that’s what I would guess:).

For navy, I think it’s 50 or so. They accidentally forgot to hide the recipient info for those they sent the orders info request to for navy. When they sent out that email, there were 90ish on it. But, that email was to those who were conditionally accepted, unconditionally accepted, waitlisted and placed on the alternate list! It’s a little roundabout, but that’s what I would guess:).

They already cutting orders? I need to jump on that bandwagon.

They already cutting orders? I need to jump on that bandwagon.
I think it was to get some preliminary information from those who were waitlisted, made alternates and accepted in order to generate orders faster. That’s what I would assume since I’m currently waitlisted and they haven’t sent me any official paperwork. But it was sent to 96 people and they have 51 navy spots. So I’m guessing that would mean approximately 45 people for the navy waitlist.

I think it was to get some preliminary information from those who were waitlisted, made alternates and accepted in order to generate orders faster. That’s what I would assume since I’m currently waitlisted and they haven’t sent me any official paperwork. But it was sent to 96 people and they have 51 navy spots. So I’m guessing that would mean approximately 45 people for the navy waitlist.
That's interesting. I was on navy waitlist since Feb and was just accepted and never received that email.

That's interesting. I was on navy waitlist since Feb and was just accepted and never received that email.
Well, the email came February first, so maybe they’ve added people since then!

Last edited:
How do people know if they've been waitlisted for a specific branch. My waitlist letter doesn't specify.

Also, any movement on the waitlist recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do people know if they've been waitlisted for a specific branch. My waitlist letter doesn't specify.

Also, any movement on the waitlist recently?

You can assume you’ve been waitlisted for your first preference. Although I’m not sure how it works if you picked no preference or chose multiple as your top pick.

Was accepted off waitlist and sent my acceptance forms in last week (navy). Can anyone tell me what happens next (paperwork, etc)? I see online that ODS last year was June 4 - July 7. Can I expect to be going to ODS around the same time?

Was accepted off waitlist and sent my acceptance forms in last week (navy). Can anyone tell me what happens next (paperwork, etc)? I see online that ODS last year was June 4 - July 7. Can I expect to be going to ODS around the same time?
Hurry up and wait.

You’ll get switched to unconditional. Then if you don’t hear anything from your command by 1 June you’ll call and see what’s up regarding orders.

Withdrawing my USUHS application as I got into my top choice. I was currently on the waitlist (Navy first choice) so hopefully it makes it a little bit better for those of you still waiting on acceptance. I'll still be doing med school through the Navy so hopefully I'll see some of you out in the fleet in four years. Best of luck to all of you and fair winds and following seas!

I was withdrawn from the AF waitlist on April 18th for failing to start the medical waivers process. Just a heads up for future applicants.

Alright, so I have a sticky question and hopefully someone on here can help me out...
Traffic day is coming up (April 30). I currently hold a USU conditional acceptance (got off waitlist two weeks ago) and one other acceptance. I am 1000% going to USU but was thinking that I shouldn't release my seat at the other school until I get my unconditional, just to be sure. I already cleared DodMERB awhile ago. I contacted the AAMC about this, but can't really get an answer. Thoughts? I am not sure how all of this really works, but is it possible to not get my unconditional from USU for some reason? And then if I give up my other seat I end up not attending school at all? :eek:

Alright, so I have a sticky question and hopefully someone on here can help me out...
Traffic day is coming up (April 30). I currently hold a USU conditional acceptance (got off waitlist two weeks ago) and one other acceptance. I am 1000% going to USU but was thinking that I shouldn't release my seat at the other school until I get my unconditional, just to be sure. I already cleared DodMERB awhile ago. I contacted the AAMC about this, but can't really get an answer. Thoughts? I am not sure how all of this really works, but is it possible to not get my unconditional from USU for some reason? And then if I give up my other seat I end up not attending school at all? :eek:
I highly suggest talking to your admissions counselor or calling Dr. Saguil on this. He's been pretty open when I've called him on the phone before.

I emailed Dr. Saguil specifically about this. He told me once it is unconditional, you’re good to go. If you need me to forward the email for some peace of mind, PM me.

Withdrew my army slot. Had some geographic reservations I couldn’t get past. Hopefully someone on here gets some good news.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my army slot. Had some geographic reservations I couldn’t get past. Hopefully someone on here gets some good news.
26060-0-1502411046.jpg

...mine?

Reactions: 8 users
It's April 30th everyone. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen much waitlist movement lately. Maybe we'll finally start getting good news?

I went through past discussion boards and it seemed like in 2015-2016 Dr Saguil sent out emails to some people on the WL suggesting they had a good chance of being called. I did not receive anything from him but jw if anyone else on this year's WL has received any communications as such?

I’m about to give up my army slot. Got full ride to another school. It’s one of the difficult decisions I had to make. Good luck to those on the WL.

Accepted off the AF waitlist! I got the call this morning. Interviewed 1/18. This was my 2nd cycle and first acceptance! So excited to serve!!

Just gave up my Army spot and am probably making a huge mistake because USU is one hell of a school. Just feels like the right decision for me at this point in my life. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Accepted off the AF waitlist! I got the call this morning. Interviewed 1/18. This was my 2nd cycle and first acceptance! So excited to serve!!
Congratulations!!! Hopefully I'll see you there. Waiting on an army slot.

Got the call this morning, accepted off the Navy waitlist! Good luck to all y’all still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call this morning, accepted off the Navy waitlist! Good luck to all y’all still waiting!
Congrats!! I know this is your second time applying, glad you got it!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call this morning! Army. Best of luck to those still on the wait list!

Reactions: 4 users
Got THE call this morning! Army!! Dr. Saguil said there were a few more Army slots open and that Army's been moving slower than normal this year. Good luck to all on the waitlist. There is still more movement to come.

Reactions: 6 users
Got THE call this morning! Army!! Dr. Saguil said there were a few more Army slots open and that Army's been moving slower than normal this year. Good luck to all on the waitlist. There is still more movement to come.
Congratulations! Any information from the other branches in terms of waitlist movement?

Accepted into AF off of the wait list yesterday morning. Declined because I am already set on another school. Good luck to whoever gets my AF spot and everyone attending USUHS in the fall or waiting on the wait list!

So I may be feeling pessimistic right now, but since it is three days post traffic day is it right to assume that odds are slim to get off the the WL?

Who's in this boat with me and are you preparing to reapply (since AMCAS opens today)?

So I may be feeling pessimistic right now, but since it is three days post traffic day is it right to assume that odds are slim to get off the the WL?

Who's in this boat with me and are you preparing to reapply (since AMCAS opens today)?
You should always be prepared to reapply, but the way I see it there are two waves of waitlist movement after multi-acceptance decision day.

1) you have the applicants who currently hold a USU spot and another school, and they withdraw their USU spot on 30APR.

2) You have students that hold a USU spot but are waitlisted for another school. After 30APR, they get off another waitlist and decline their USU spot. This wave came around May 6th according to last year's thread.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my spot at USUHS on April 30th, but I didn’t receive confirmation email from my counselor. Other schools emailed me back right away. Should I be worried? Thanks.

Withdrew my spot at USUHS on April 30th, but I didn’t receive confirmation email from my counselor. Other schools emailed me back right away. Should I be worried? Thanks.
If anything you could always show the date you sent it. I doubt you would be penalized for Any delayed response on the schools part.

Gave up my waitlist spot. I know that doesn’t really help too much, but at least it is potential movement for you guys. Good luck

Hoping to see some movement tomorrow morning for you guys! Fingers crossed!

Just got the call, Navy. I cannot contain my excitement!!!! So thrilled to join you guys on this journey, and to my waitlisters be patient! There’s still time!

Just got the call, Navy. I cannot contain my excitement!!!! So thrilled to join you guys on this journey, and to my waitlisters be patient! There’s still time!
Congrats! I'll be seeing you soon

Thanks to all those who said to be patient! I got the call this afternoon. Navy! I absolutely cannot wait to join y’all. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!