2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from 11/2 interview group gpt any update?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a rejection letter today, post-marked 12/15. I think the decision may have been related to my DoDMERB status—it was “disqualified” pending USUHS waiver. Not sure...
Maybe? I had to do a remedial for a leg injury but the remedial went through and I was then qualified but that status changed on monday, after I had the rejection letter was sent out. Oh well, best of luck on your other applications!

Reactions: 1 user
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the DoDMERB process and the admissions process are both separate but parallel :/ so a rejection or conditional acceptance isn't based on DoDMERB

I just checked DoDMERB status and it says "remedial requested". However, I did not receive any mail or email. Does anyone know what it means and the process? Thank you!

I just checked DoDMERB status and it says "remedial requested". However, I did not receive any mail or email. Does anyone know what it means and the process? Thank you!
Hi! mine said that too for a while before I got specific instructions on what to do. I emailed them when I first noticed that and they said it can take up to 30 days for you/ your doctor to get the actual remedial email.

Hi! mine said that too for a while before I got specific instructions on what to do. I emailed them when I first noticed that and they said it can take up to 30 days for you/ your doctor to get the actual remedial email.

If you click on the remedial notification on the portal it should give you an explanation of what information is required from you/your doctor. That's how it worked for me anyway.

Last edited:
Mine said "remedial requested" for about 20 days and then ended up changing to "qualified" without officially asking for a remedial- either way, DoDMERB should email you your status when it is officially processed

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who were waitlisted, can you specify what branch?

At this point, all the branches are filled up. Everyone who is qualified for spot would be on the waitlist from the 11/2 interview, my thought I might be wrong

Got a call from Dr. Saguil on Dec 20th. Accepted into Airforce. I interviewed Nov. 9th.
I know I saw some posts about them not accepting any more AF just waitlisting, guess they still are!
Congrats to everyone else getting accepted and good luck to the rest of you =)

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected here recently. No military ties really, but was really interested in military medicine.

LizzyM 71.5, OOS

It was real USU!

Last edited:
Can any current Navy students answer my question about ODS? I know it's 4 Jun 2017 – 7 Jul 2017, but are we free afterwards until classes start in August? I'm wanting to book a flight to Europe.

Can any current Navy students answer my question about ODS? I know it's 4 Jun 2017 – 7 Jul 2017, but are we free afterwards until classes start in August? I'm wanting to book a flight to Europe.
I'm not a current student, but I was told at my interview that after ODS you are required to report directly to your command (USUHS) and move (PCS) your family, pets, and household goods, if you have any. I asked because I'm also trying to plan a trip to Europe before school starts.

If you have the time in May, I would do it then. Also, the weather is cooler in May. :)

Does anyone know if USU accepts letters of intent/update letters? I am on the AF waitlist, and I would like to keep in touch as I wait.

Does anyone know if USU accepts letters of intent/update letters? I am on the AF waitlist, and I would like to keep in touch as I wait.
Yes they do. You can send it to your admissions counselor and they will put it in your application file.

Anyone from Dec interview date hear back yet?

I interviewed last year Dec 1st, waitlisted Feb 3rd, accepted May 12 - just for a spot reference of how drawn out it can be - Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed Dec 7th and no word yet.

Edited: Also, they did say it would likely be at least 6-8 weeks which for me would begin Jan18th.

I know a few people from November have received acceptances, but has anyone from 11/9 heard about waitlist/rejection? Getting a little impatient over here!

I know a few people from November have received acceptances, but has anyone from 11/9 heard about waitlist/rejection? Getting a little impatient over here!
Interviewed 11/9 and nothing yet.... I think Dr. Saguil said 6-10 weeks to hear back but I have seen others who were accepted from the same interview day :eyebrow:

Has anyone from 11/16 heard about acceptance/waitlist/rejection?

For those accepted, have any of you been contacted by the military department sponsoring your commissioning yet?

Not yet. According to last year's incoming class, the preparations and paperwork pick up more after interviews have concluded.

I interviewed last year Dec 1st, waitlisted Feb 3rd, accepted May 12 - just for a spot reference of how drawn out it can be - Good luck!
Were you able to get your commissioning and go to officer training before beginning med school?

Were you able to get your commissioning and go to officer training before beginning med school?

The bulk majority of the incoming class goes to their respective officer training before orientation begins in August.

Commissioning can happen before or during officer training.

HPSP and HSCP students are the ones that go to officer training sometime in the middle or tail end of their medical school as their schedule permits. However, they commission upon finalizing their paperwork.

For Army at USUHS there may be a change in BOLC location though I don't know how it impacts the DCC requirement or if it's fully implemented yet. Read the bottom of page 7 and top of page 8 of the Meeting Minutes May 2017 USUHS Board of Regents. Uniformed Services University "Officer professional development is being integrated in to the curriculum as well as senior leader integration. USU is now recognized as a training site for the Army Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC)."

Maybe Army students will be credited for BOLC with the curriculum in place.

For Army at USUHS there may be a change in BOLC location though I don't know how it impacts the DCC requirement or if it's fully implemented yet. Read the bottom of page 7 and top of page 8 of the Meeting Minutes May 2017 USUHS Board of Regents. Uniformed Services University "Officer professional development is being integrated in to the curriculum as well as senior leader integration. USU is now recognized as a training site for the Army Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC)."

Maybe Army students will be credited for BOLC with the curriculum in place.
you really are helpful, troll.

Does anyone applying for the Navy hpsp ? Can you please PM me, Im trying to find out how to apply for it

I'm not a current student, but I was told at my interview that after ODS you are required to report directly to your command (USUHS) and move (PCS) your family, pets, and household goods, if you have any. I asked because I'm also trying to plan a trip to Europe before school starts.

If you have the time in May, I would do it then. Also, the weather is cooler in May. :)

As a current student, I can confirm that you have to report directly to USUHS. You're generally free to do what you want in the local area, and there a few volunteer opportunities at school, but you also have lots of in-processing. If you want to travel, you need to do it before ODS. But that is also slightly risky, since commissioning and paperwork and stuff has to be done right up to the beginning of ODS.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know USUHS’ policy on tattoos? I know I wrote out the location and description of my current ones on something for this school, but I want to get another one and want to make sure it doesn’t make any problems for me if I ever get off the waitlist...

I haven't been able to log into DoDMERB for the last week. Am I the only one or is this universal?

I haven't been able to log into DoDMERB for the last week. Am I the only one or is this universal?
Nope.. same here.. I can't even pull up the website

Interviewed 11/9, just got my wait list letter!

Just wondering how the gov shutdown is/will effect USUHS?

Just wondering how the gov shutdown is/will effect USUHS?
Active duty staff will still show up to work (albeit without pay). Any civilians will probably be furloughed until the shutdown ends. I assume that would have a pretty big effect on the teaching of classes.

"Primary" waitlist e-mail today, interviewed 11/30. Is there a waitlist that isn't primary? Lol

"Primary" waitlist e-mail today, interviewed 11/30. Is there a waitlist that isn't primary? Lol
There's a waitlist and an alternate list from what i've read. Waitlist>alternate in terms of priority. I think some people call the waitlist the primary waitlist for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users