2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just get the fat red R, together with their selling of their biomedical MS "Please note that this message applies to all academic programs and clinical training tracks in the TUSM entering class. This is specific to your application to MD or MD dual degree programs. This does not include Tufts Masters in Biomedical Sciences."

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday I thought I was saved from rejection bullet but it was just that I was very far away and it was just a matter of time before bullet hits me. Now I am in the battle field and hoping to be rescued by other medical school ambulances. Wish me luck.

Spoke too soon-- rejected this morning. Complete early Sept.

Do you guys think its over? Hopefully will hear about IIs or acceptances soon.

Also, when one is rejected, what changes on the portal? Just a new notification in the Communication Status tab?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think its over? Hopefully will hear about IIs or acceptances soon.

Also, when one is rejected, what changes on the portal? Just a new notification in the Communication Status tab?
I don't know and I'm probably speaking too soon, but I'm still alive...? Not sure what's in store for us. Complete early Sept.

Reactions: 4 users
My application was marked complete in JULY and I've heard absolutely nothing. I very much want to stay in Boston (went to undergrad at BU), so I hope I hear something from them soon. LizzyM - 75.8

Reactions: 3 users
My interview was during the week of 1/7.. So I called the admissions office today and the nice lady on the phone told me to expect to hear back from Tufts during the second weeks of February... I thought during interview day they mentioned that we’d hear decisions this week? I’m lost haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call from dean Neumeyer!!

Reactions: 2 users
accepted interviewed 1/18

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well! Got grilled pretty hard by one of my interviewers and left feeling pretty pessimistic about this one so this was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted as well! Got grilled pretty hard by one of my interviewers and left feeling pretty pessimistic about this one so this was a pleasant surprise to say the least.
that was exactly my experience!

Reactions: 1 users
Picked up an R a few weeks ago, best of luck to everyone else!!! :)

guessing if I didn't get the call yesterday I've been deferred or rejected? Interviewed late December and the silence is driving me crazy...

guessing if I didn't get the call yesterday I've been deferred or rejected? Interviewed late December and the silence is driving me crazy...
I got the call on a Thursday afternoon. I had also assumed that I was waiting on a rejection

I got the call on a Thursday afternoon. I had also assumed that I was waiting on a rejection

But have you seen acceptance calls go out over multiple days for people who interviewed on or around the same date?

But have you seen acceptance calls go out over multiple days for people who interviewed on or around the same date?
Yep! I saw people who interviewed after me and on my date get calls on Tuesday.

When do you think we'll get our official letter of acceptance after our phone call?

anyone else still in slience? complete in early july..

Reactions: 9 users
Yep! I saw people who interviewed after me and on my date get calls on Tuesday.

Was that was @medstar* was asking though? I think she was asking if calls for acceptances go out on multiple days during the week.. it seems like they only go out on one day but idk

Was that was @medstar* was asking though? I think she was asking if calls for acceptances go out on multiple days during the week.. it seems like they only go out on one day but idk

I think @azmd22 is saying people from his/her interview day and even after got acceptance calls on a Tuesday and he/she she got the call 2 days later on a Thursday afternoon. Makes sense bc i think interview days at Tufts are Tues and Thurs so those are the days Dean Neumeyer is on campus. Needless to say I will have my phone's volume up today :p

Has anyone been accepted after a deferred decision? I know a current student posted and said usually deferred means you're waitlisted and there's little movement.

Has anyone been accepted after a deferred decision? I know a current student posted and said usually deferred means you're waitlisted and there's little movement.
The past two years Tufts has over enrolled their class, with no deferred/waitlist movement according to SDN. So it is hard to know what it will be like this year.