2017-2018 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an e-mail confirming my secondary payment on September 26th but no confirmation that the application was accepted in general. Should I e-mail them or just give them time? My primary application was put on hold prior pending some legal stuff and I got that information all sent to them, and after they received my legal stuff, they sent my secondary. So, I've been in contact with one of the admissions counselors already and they've been good about getting back to me in a timely notice, I just don't want to take advantage of their kindness and barrage them with e-mails haha.

PS My portal does say "Thank You For Submitting Your Application".

Members don't see this ad.

Okay just so I am clear here... when I first log in to the portal on the top left hand side, in the green box under application status, it says "Thank you! Your application is now complete and under review". Is this what your's says? I don't think I received a "completion email and started to worry.

So mine says " Thank you! Your application is now complete and under review". below that has:
Checked
OU-HCOM Secondary App Fee

Checked
Recommendation: X
Commitee Letter
Checked
Additional: D.O.
Checked
Additional
Checked
Additional: MD
Checked
Recommendation:X

edit: the picture with the X should be a check but didn't transfer over from my portal. the other X are my recommenders name that I took out for anonymity

So mine says " Thank you! Your application is now complete and under review". below that has:
Checked
OU-HCOM Secondary App Fee

Checked
Commitee Letter
Checked
Additional: D.O.
Checked
Additional
Checked
Checked
Recommendation:X

edit: the picture with the X should be a check but didn't transfer over from my portal. the other X are my recommenders name that I took out for anonymity

Great!! Thanks for clarifying, that is how mine looks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an e-mail confirming my secondary payment on September 26th but no confirmation that the application was accepted in general. Should I e-mail them or just give them time? My primary application was put on hold prior pending some legal stuff and I got that information all sent to them, and after they received my legal stuff, they sent my secondary. So, I've been in contact with one of the admissions counselors already and they've been good about getting back to me in a timely notice, I just don't want to take advantage of their kindness and barrage them with e-mails haha.
I never received a “complete” email other that the payment received either. If your portal looks like DrGainzzz you should be okay?

Go to the portal to double check. When I got accepted, I knew even before I got the email because the portal said I had been. You should get the email soon though because it tells you how to officially accept your spot.
Thank you for the the info! I called them today, apparently there was some hiccup in their system...

I never received a “complete” email other that the payment received either. If your portal looks like DrGainzzz you should be okay?
Yeah you'll be complete! Never got a complete email though...

Does anyone know the protocol once someone has been accepted? I received a phone call a week ago today saying that I had been accepted but I haven't gotten anything in the mail or an email. I want to confirm that I've been accepted so that I can cancel my other interviews.

For me, I interviewed on Friday, Accepted on Monday, and received e-mail for deposit information on Wednesday, all before receiving paper mail on Friday.

For me, I interviewed on Friday, Accepted on Monday, and received e-mail for deposit information on Wednesday, all before receiving paper mail on Friday.
Thank you!!! I did things out of order so that's why it didn't work properly. I paid the deposit before I recieved anything, whoops haha

Got an acceptance phone call two hours after my interview! The whole process was amazing. They also provided the best lunch ever... not just pizza and water :p

Interview was so relaxed. I talked to three faculty staff for thirty min each and you can tell that they read your profile thoroughly before the interview. They all asked me about research/shadowing/why do/why ou-very basic questions :) Just wanted to throw it out there for future interviewees

Reactions: 5 users
Got an acceptance phone call two hours after my interview! The whole process was amazing. They also provided the best lunch ever... not just pizza and water :p

Interview was so relaxed. I talked to three faculty staff for thirty min each and you can tell that they read your profile thoroughly before the interview. They all asked me about research/shadowing/why do/why ou-very basic questions :) Just wanted to throw it out there for future interviewees
thanks for the info! Hoping to hear about an II soon! I wanna go here so bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting for II’s. I cannot wait to meet my future classmates at the Dublin campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted just now via email!! So excited— I didn’t think my interview day went that well so I am happily surprised!! :) :)

Reactions: 5 users

Interview was so relaxed. I talked to three faculty staff for thirty min each and you can tell that they read your profile thoroughly before the interview. They all asked me about research/shadowing/why do/why ou-very basic questions :) Just wanted to throw it out there for future interviewees[/QUO

Congrats to all those accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting for II’s. I cannot wait to meet my future classmates at the Dublin campus!
Current first year on the Dublin Campus. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 user
not sure if anyone can answer this question? If you get accepted to your second choice and waitlisted on your first choice
what are the chances of getting your first choice.

not sure if anyone can answer this question? If you get accepted to your second choice and waitlisted on your first choice
what are the chances of getting your first choice.
depends on the school.

Accepted just now via email!! So excited— I didn’t think my interview day went that well so I am happily surprised!! :) :)
Congrats!! what day did you interview?

Interviewing 10/27, very excited!

How long after the switch in the portal "thank you for submitting" --> "application under review" did y'all get your interview invites?

Go wait listed. Feels bad man this was my top choice. Hoping to make it off though
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like? I have an interview scheduled for 10/27, but by looking at other's stats on here (especially MCATs) I feel like I don't have a good chance. To give you some hope though, my friend last year submitted her primary and secondary in December, was interviewed to be on the wait list the very end of April, and was accepted by June! She ended up getting into Toledo, so she choose to go there instead, but hey, if she could get in, so can we! Best of luck!

Would you care to share your stats? (sorry if they were posted earlier, hard to look back through all of this) I interview on 10/27 and this is my top choice by far and the only interview I have thus far. Nervous my MCAT won't be sufficient.

Has anyone heard or seen of anyone interviewing and then getting flat out denied? I am super nervous that will happen to me. So excited to have this interview at my top choice school and would be absolutely crushed if that happened :(

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like? I have an interview scheduled for 10/27, but by looking at other's stats on here (especially MCATs) I feel like I don't have a good chance. To give you some hope though, my friend last year submitted her primary and secondary in December, was interviewed to be on the wait list the very end of April, and was accepted by June! She ended up getting into Toledo, so she choose to go there instead, but hey, if she could get in, so can we! Best of luck!

That's so funny you mention that because the first year student I talked to on my interview day told us about someone like that and how they were offended she left for Toledo after they had already all bonded together. I'm pretty sure they were talking about her.

That's so funny you mention that because the first year student I talked to on my interview day told us about someone like that and how they were offended she left for Toledo after they had already all bonded together. I'm pretty sure they were talking about her.
Haha that is funny. She left for Toledo because that is where we all did our UG and a ton of our friends ended up staying there for med school. Fun fact: she told me she was considering saying no to OU before she even got accepted at Toledo because she did not want to leave Toledo. I was like UHHH I'll take your OU seat hahah

Would you care to share your stats? (sorry if they were posted earlier, hard to look back through all of this) I interview on 10/27 and this is my top choice by far and the only interview I have thus far. Nervous my MCAT won't be sufficient.

No worries! cGPA 3.71 sGPA 3.51 MCAT 503-508 range-- my MCAT was NOT my strong point either. I will say my interviewers asked me about my MCAT scores, but they were not intimidating about it. And don't worry too much any more about your score, you cleared the biggest hurdle by getting the interview! They clearly want you regardless of your score!

Is there a Facebook page for the class of 2022 yet? Just a super excited accepted applicant anxiously waiting to meet fellow classmates over here.

Reactions: 2 users
If you are selected for an interview this early, you have a great chance. Just be yourself and stay confident. The 3 half hour interviews fly by.

Is there a Facebook page for the class of 2022 yet? Just a super excited accepted applicant anxiously waiting to meet fellow classmates over here.
I made a page for the Dublin campus :)

Accepted yesterday evening to the Cleveland campus!

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my secondary on October 16 but I didn't receive any confirmation email.
How do I check my application status. Thank you.

I submitted my secondary on October 16 but I didn't receive any confirmation email.
How do I check my application status. Thank you.

You can check on your portal online where you applied! It says the status in the top left side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can check on your portal online where you applied! It says the status in the top left side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT
Thank you so much. I was using Google Chrome and it wasn't working. I couldn't see my status.

Been completed since August. No words yet. Illinois resident here. Anyone on the same boat?
Though, just emailed them about the new MCAT score that came out on 10/10.

Hoping to hear something soon...In state, above average stats for OUHCOM

Been completed since August. No words yet. Illinois resident here. Anyone on the same boat?
Though, just emailed them about the new MCAT score that came out on 10/10.
what does your portal say in the top left box?

Thank you! Your application is now complete and under review.
And everything is completed and such.

I just got an email II for Nov 3 with an invite to the Thursday Nov 2 extra for DO/PhD dual degree. The portal says I've been selected for an interview but the text weirdly says for the class of 2016. Is this normal?