2017-2018 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
worth submitting this secondary? OOS, LizzyM 60 ( mcat>500, decent gpa), 1pub (2 pending), 1k+ volunteer hours, URM, undergrad D1 athletics etc

worth submitting this secondary? OOS, LizzyM 60 ( mcat>500, decent gpa), 1pub (2 pending), 1k+ volunteer hours, URM, undergrad D1 athletics etc
Can't get in if you don't apply! You sound like a competitive applicant, but I'm not on admissions haha. Their low OOS student body tends to be because not many OOS apply, not because they don't like OOS students. But again take this with a grain of salt...I am just another applicant like yourself

Reactions: 1 user
Can't get in if you don't apply! You sound like a competitive applicant, but I'm not on admissions haha. Their low OOS student body tends to be because not many OOS apply, not because they don't like OOS students. But again take this with a grain of salt...I am just another applicant like yourself

YOLO I'm doing it lol. Thanks for the advice boss

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email about completing the secondary for Transformative Care Continuum program?

What does the TCC supplemental include?

It's an accelerated 3 year medical school program which in turn commits you to either Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital or Cleveland Clinic Akron General, the kicker is that you have to do Family Medicine. Personally, I'm unsure as I like IM, EM and Peds as well. It's a binding program so if you choose it, you're stuck unless you fall behind academically.

It's an accelerated 3 year medical school program which in turn commits you to either Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital or Cleveland Clinic Akron General, the kicker is that you have to do Family Medicine. Personally, I'm unsure as I like IM, EM and Peds as well. It's a binding program so if you choose it, you're stuck unless you fall behind academically.

Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone has opened up the supplemental and can tell me if it involves essays or required supportive material.

If you are selected to go this path, couldn't you just sub specialize into peds?

If you are selected to go this path, couldn't you just sub specialize into peds?
From the introductory information that doesn't seem a part of the 6 year plan/contract. I think the purpose of this program is for those dead set on FM and ready to expedite the process.

From the introductory information that doesn't seem a part of the 6 year plan/contract. I think the purpose of this program is for those dead set on FM and ready to expedite the process.
I was wondering about this too... I want to specialize, but I would probably do a family medicine residency anyhow. I do not know how strict they are on making you stay in family medicine

If I don't end up returning the TCC secondary, it won't affect my chances at the traditional Heritage acceptance will it? I had selected interest on my primary bc I haven't ruled out FM, but when push comes to shove now I guess I'm not ready to commit to it

Me too, I got the email but don't want to applY anymore....will they not review me for an interview until I complete that or tell them that I'm not interested anymore??
If I don't end up returning the TCC secondary, it won't affect my chances at the traditional Heritage acceptance will it? I had selected interest on my primary bc I haven't ruled out FM, but when push comes to shove now I guess I'm not ready to commit to it

, 8 for that

My first II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

229.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the interviews everyone. If you ever have questions I am a first year at the Dublin campus and I would be happy to help you all out.

Congrats on the interviews everyone. If you ever have questions I am a first year at the Dublin campus and I would be happy to help you all out.

Hi, Buckeye. How do you like the Dublin Campus? I have been there on an informal tour with my brother (graduate of OU-HCOM) and the facilities looked very nice from what I saw. How is the area- entertainment, extracurriculars and the like? I ask because Dublin is my top choice due to its location (30 minutes or so from my hometown). Thanks in advance and I wish you the best in your endeavors!

Hi, Buckeye. How do you like the Dublin Campus? I have been there on an informal tour with my brother (graduate of OU-HCOM) and the facilities looked very nice from what I saw. How is the area- entertainment, extracurriculars and the like? I ask because Dublin is my top choice due to its location (30 minutes or so from my hometown). Thanks in advance and I wish you the best in your endeavors!
I could not imagine being at any other school. While all three campuses have about 250 first year students at Dublin we have 55. It is nice getting to know everyone so well and developing relationships. Our facilities are very nice. I have no complaints. We get a lot of use out of our lounge area which has a WiiU and a ping pong table. I would say about half of our class lives in Dublin while the other half lives closer to Ohio States campus/downtown Columbus. There is not a shortage of extracurricular actives at Dublin. There are countless seminars daily that are organized by one of our many clubs. If sports are your thing we also have intramural soccer, volleyball, basketball and possibly softball too. We play other teams from the community, which are usually work groups that have formed teams. All in all, I feel OU as a whole has a great program and obviously there are great advantages to living in Central Ohio when it comes to the exceptional healthcare facilities. Good luck throughout the cycle. Stay patient. You never know what can happen.

I'm itching for a II here! This is my top!!

Reactions: 1 users
hi
awful quiet on this thread? who has received interviews and how did it go? Any acceptance yet?

hi
awful quiet on this thread? who has received interviews and how did it go? Any acceptance yet?

Today was the first round of interviews, so no one has been officially accepted yet. Anyways, I had my interviews and tour of the school today, and I must say I really enjoyed it! Everyone was so nice and happy to have you there, and the interviews weren't very stressful. Pretty much all of us had three of them, and I think they went extremely well for me. The first and third interviews were excellent, but I kind of stumbled on the second one because my interviewer's office was so warm and all I could think about was how I sweaty I was in my pant suit.

They said we'll all know by Monday around 10 if we've been accepted or not, and I'm super grateful they don't make us wait so long to hear back from them!

Today was the first round of interviews, so no one has been officially accepted yet. Anyways, I had my interviews and tour of the school today, and I must say I really enjoyed it! Everyone was so nice and happy to have you there, and the interviews weren't very stressful. Pretty much all of us had three of them, and I think they went extremely well for me. The first and third interviews were excellent, but I kind of stumbled on the second one because my interviewer's office was so warm and all I could think about was how I sweaty I was in my pant suit.

They said we'll all know by Monday around 10 if we've been accepted or not, and I'm super grateful they don't make us wait so long to hear back from them!
Thank you for the update. How many students at the first round of interview?
And good luck!!

Thank you for the update. How many students at the first round of interview?
And good luck!!

About 20, and everyone was super nice to each other. We kept running into one another between interviews, and would be like "How'd it go?" And "Good luck on your next one!".

officially accepted today by email (9:45a). beyond beyond beyond excited. (secondary submitted 7/21, II 8/25, I 9/15.)

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone's portals been updated yet? Im OOS and submitted about 5 weeks ago but only see the app fee and secondary application check

Congratulations on your acceptance! What sort of questions did they ask? My interview is this Friday.

Congratulations on your acceptance! What sort of questions did they ask? My interview is this Friday.

Thanks!! And some of the questions they asked me were "Why OU and why DO?", " "What do you do in your free time?", "Tell me about the shadowing you did", "How did you decide to become a physician?", "How do you think is evidence-based research important to the medical community?", etc. Make sure you have plenty of questions as well.

Reactions: 3 users