2020-2021 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would really love to see some WL movement at Cleveland soon :cryi:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Was just taken off the waitlist here at the Dublin campus yesterday. In my mind, this means they still have spots to fill because there are less seats at Dublin than at Athens. Wishing everyone still waiting good luck!!!

I just received a phone call and got accepted into their postbacc program!!! I know it’s not an A into the med school but it’s a bridge program into their med school and comes with free tuition :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Was recently accepted off the waitlist, but have decided to decline so one of you can have it. Good luck, there will be plenty of movement still to come!

Withdrawing from Athens...good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything from admissions about WL movement at Cleveland? I’m dying to get pulled off

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if WL movement is happening? Been very quiet here for a while

• Care
Does anyone know if WL movement is happening? Been very quiet here for a while
I just emailed the manager of admissions to ask for an alternate list update as a final hail mary since orientation for other school I got into starts in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know what they say

• Care
Accepted to Athens around 5pm today!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Where do most students live in Athens? I'm starting to look at housing and want to avoid undergrad areas. The condos at 247 W Union St seemed appealing. And does anyone know how M1's find roommates? I'm in the facebook group but not much has been said on there.

Omg congrats!! Did they respond to your email??

btw, I tried to DM you but couldn’t
Thanks! They didn’t respond to the email but I did get a call a couple of hours afterwards. I can DM you too

Where do most students live in Athens? I'm starting to look at housing and want to avoid undergrad areas. The condos at 247 W Union St seemed appealing. And does anyone know how M1's find roommates? I'm in the facebook group but not much has been said on there.
Current students said most med students live at University Courtyard or the Summit. Are you in the OUHCOM Athens Facebook group or just the general class of 2025 group? There are people posting about looking for roommates there

To those who were accepted off the WL, how long did it take for your portal to update? And did you receive any emails with an official offer letter and the next steps for admission?

To those who were accepted off the WL, how long did it take for your portal to update? And did you receive any emails with an official offer letter and the next steps for admission?
After I received a phone call, they sent me an email with my scholarship offer and admissions letter the same day. They said I had to email various people within 2 weeks to accept both my seat and scholarship.

Unsure about the portal question tbh.

After I received a phone call, they sent me an email with my scholarship offer and admissions letter the same day. They said I had to email various people within 2 weeks to accept both my seat and scholarship.

Unsure about the portal question tbh.
Thank you!

Hi friends! Looking for some advice...I was waitlisted in March and have sent updates and such, basically they responded saying that they have to wait for seats to open up before movement can happen....should I consider reapplying right now? I got feedback after my interview and they basically said that I'm in good shape to get off and not to count them out...but it hasn't happened yet so I'm super nervy and don't really know what to do. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Hi friends! Looking for some advice...I was waitlisted in March and have sent updates and such, basically they responded saying that they have to wait for seats to open up before movement can happen....should I consider reapplying right now? I got feedback after my interview and they basically said that I'm in good shape to get off and not to count them out...but it hasn't happened yet so I'm super nervy and don't really know what to do. Any advice would be really appreciated!
Which campus are you WL at? Not to give false hope but gonna be withdrawing from this school soon (sadly!)

Reactions: 1 users
Dublin and Athens! May I ask where you’ll be going instead?
Np! I’ll be going to UCCOM. Will be withdrawing from the Cleveland campus. Whoever gets my seat will be one lucky student, it took me months to make this decision.

Accepted to Dublin off WL just now! Did not have an acceptance to Athens or Cleveland prior.

Just got accepted to the Dublin campus off of the waitlist! Received a call and email.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
One of my friends got accepted to Dublin off WL

• Love
Hey guys I'm applying here this cycle can I send someone my secondary when I'm finished with it to see if it's good?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I'm applying here this cycle can I send someone my secondary when I'm finished with it to see if it's good?
You can send your secondary to me if you want. We may not have done the same essays but I'll at least look over it

Hello! I will be applying in 2022. My stats are 3.75gpa, 3.6sgp. Will be taking the MCAT in January 2022. I will be applying to OU next year in hopes of getting admitted into the Dublin campus because I live in Dublin. Does each campus have its own criteria or selection factors for students? Like what can in do to increase my chances of getting into the Dublin campus?

Hello! I will be applying in 2022. My stats are 3.75gpa, 3.6sgp. Will be taking the MCAT in January 2022. I will be applying to OU next year in hopes of getting admitted into the Dublin campus because I live in Dublin. Does each campus have its own criteria or selection factors for students? Like what can in do to increase my chances of getting into the Dublin campus?
I think the biggest factor for these campuses besides gpa and mcat are having ties to the area

If you live in Dublin then you have a very good chance of being assigned to that campus if you're accepted. Not a lot to do, perhaps try to shadow/volunteer/etc with OU-HCOM in Dublin, but other than that you'll be fine.

If you live in Dublin then you have a very good chance of being assigned to that campus if you're accepted. Not a lot to do, perhaps try to shadow/volunteer/etc with OU-HCOM in Dublin, but other than that you'll be fine.
I don't live in Dublin but I live around 10 miles from the school. Is that close enough to be considered for the campus?

I would definitely say so. That's basically the same as walking distance in this country.
Thanks it's a little over 10 (10-15) and about a 20 min drive so I'm hoping I get into this campus so we don't have to move.

I just received a phone call and got accepted into their postbacc program!!! I know it’s not an A into the med school but it’s a bridge program into their med school and comes with free tuition :)
Hello! I am on the waitlist right now at ouhcom and am thinking about postbacc options. Did you get invited to apply for the ouhcom postbacc or did you apply for it separately? And how is it going for you this year, I am guessing you are close to being complete? Thanks!

Hello! I am on the waitlist right now at ouhcom and am thinking about postbacc options. Did you get invited to apply for the ouhcom postbacc or did you apply for it separately? And how is it going for you this year, I am guessing you are close to being complete? Thanks!
The post bacc program is invitation only and is usually sent out to waitlisted URM students, students from underserved areas in Ohio, and those with strong ties to the university. I completed post bacc and I am currently finishing my OMS-1 year now.

Hi everyone, current waitlist student here. The adcoms here have said that this wl is the lowest they have seen in years however I’m trying my best to hold out hope. Do you know of anyone who was pulled off in July/august?

In my year, people were moved off in July I believe. I was moved off in June