2020-2021 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They have changed it up a bit (at least for my class they did). Around 120 at Athens, I think 70 at Dublin. But they could definitely still be playing with the numbers a bit especially with the new MedEd building in Athens (looks super nice!)
haha u could be right. just what i vaguely remember from interview day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I filled out the supplemental for the TCC application and haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know the next steps for it or how long it's supposed to be before they email us with further details/instructions?
I don’t think there’s a set time. I believe it is like the regular applications they kinda rank you and decide to offer you an interview based on your application/essays. When I interviewed for TCC, they did say we would hear back around St. Pattys Day if we were accepted or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II last night, I am going to decline it though, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Monthly post about not hearing back about a dual degree application I sent back in October. I was told I would hear back in December / Early January :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Monthly post about not hearing back about a dual degree application I sent back in October. I was told I would hear back in December / Early January :(
I feel you. :( My secondary was submitted at the end of September and I submitted their TCC application at the very beginning of December, although that feels like ages ago. That TCC program is something I would 100% take over my state school. Even regular admission to OU would be a contender with my state school!
It's already February. 😭

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed about 2 weeks ago, waitlisted at both CLE and Athens. Accepted to Cleveland yesterday!
science gpa-3.75 MCAT-510
If waitlisted I highly recommend seeking feedback from the adcom

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed about 2 weeks ago, waitlisted at both CLE and Athens. Accepted to Cleveland yesterday!
science gpa-3.75 MCAT-510
If waitlisted I highly recommend seeking feedback from the adcom, write a LOI/do whatever they mention to do
Congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing when you got your complete email and when they sent you an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!! just a few hours ago!! IS, complete email on 11/18 even though I submitted on 8/19

Reactions: 3 users
OOS here, good background and work experience, low mcat - should i still submit my secondary here? Money is tight atm :/

Can someone post/DM me the Dublin school code for the FAFSA? I can’t find it anywhere

I think it’s same for all the schools. I’ve been accepted to Dublin and I used E00306 as a FAFSA code.
Yeah, I thought it was the same for all three locations but someone earlier said they found a code specifically for Dublin. Maybe I just misunderstood. Thank you!

OOS here, good background and work experience, low mcat - should i still submit my secondary here? Money is tight atm :/
If money is tight, maybe don't apply. I am OOS with low mcat as well and I was marked complete in August 2020. Still have not heard back from them about interviews.

There is always a chance, but if money is tight, OU does give high preference to in-state applicants because it is state funded school.
Depends how strongly you specifically want to come to Ohio.

Should I wear my interview attire while meeting virtually with Dr. Rice for feedback on my application (I was waitlisted)?

Anyone with lower MCAT (503-505 range) who is OOS (PA) gotten an interview?

Hi! When were you complete?
I received an email that my app was complete on 10/27. I had honestly lost hope but I hope this shows that there's still enough time in the cycle to get an II

• Care
I received an email that my app was complete on 10/27. I had honestly lost hope but I hope this shows that there's still enough time in the cycle to get an II
I'm not jealous at all. I'm very happy for you...
Also me:
jealous GIF

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Any URM’s that are out of state with a score below 500 hear anything yet??

Reactions: 2 users
May I ask your stats if you're comfortable?
Yea ofc. I have pretty low stats (500 MCAT, 3.4GPA) and I am an OOS applicant. I hope this helps some of you waiting to hear back feel a little bit better knowing that they are still granting interviews and that they def look at your app holistically. if not, im super sorry! This process is hard enough as is so hearing someone got an II can't feel good. If you guys have anymore questions, dont be afraid to ask!

• Care
Yea ofc. I have pretty low stats (500 MCAT, 3.4GPA) and I am an OOS applicant. I hope this helps some of you waiting to hear back feel a little bit better knowing that they are still granting interviews and that they def look at your app holistically. if not, im super sorry! This process is hard enough as is so hearing someone got an II can't feel good. If you guys have anymore questions, dont be afraid to ask!
Thank you so much! This definitely gives me hope :)

Any in state students with a score below 500 get an II lately? Still (patiently) waiting

Ok guys good news! It looks like they still have a lot of interview dates left! Mine is on 2/23 and there appears to be 8 interview dates after that. So if you have not gotten a pre-II R/II yet, there is still hope!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Ok guys good news! It looks like they still have a lot of interview dates left! Mine is on 2/23 and there appears to be 8 interview dates after that. So if you have not gotten a pre-II R/II yet, there is still hope!
what if i submitted my secondary a few days ago oos w/ low stats XD

what if i submitted my secondary a few days ago oos w/ low stats XD
There is still a possibility! I am an OOS applicant with below HCOM's average stats and I received an II. You never know what they're looking for but you can hold onto hope if you haven't received an R

• Love
Any recent direct acceptances? I was waitlisted this month and I'm just wondering if they are waitlisting a majority or if I am simply below average LOL

Any recent direct acceptances? I was waitlisted this month and I'm just wondering if they are waitlisting a majority or if I am simply below average LOL
Got waitlisted a long time ago like October, I’m not sure if that’s the majority or not

OOS, I sent them an update about a new mcat score of 503. No response other than that my email was sent to review team

Accepted! Interviewed today and got the call 3 hours later. OOS, marked completed on 10/27, 500 MCAT, 3.43GPA, and the interview I felt went super well

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted! Interviewed today and got the call 3 hours later. OOS, marked completed on 10/27, 500 MCAT, 3.43GPA, and the interview I felt went super well
Congrats!! Which campus were you accepted at?

congratulations! when were you marked complete?

About to have meeting for application feedback and have a tampon up my nose wish me luck

• Care
Accepted! I interviewed yesterday and got the call a couple hours after my interview.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
About to have meeting for application feedback and have a tampon up my nose wish me luck
Update I was able to remove the tampon from my nostril in time and had a really good conversation with Dr. Rice, would highly recommend seeking feedback if you're waitlisted

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users