2017-2018 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the info! Which campus are you at? How does the video screening go for lecture...is it actually 50% live from athens, 25% from cle, 25% from dublin? And do you like or dislike not having live profs for each class?
Thanks!

We've only really had 3 classes so far, so my experience is limited, so keep that in mind.

I am on the Athens campus. Even if the prof isn't in your location, there is still a faculty member there, especially for labs. The video screening and communication runs seamlessly and I can only think of 1 time where I was annoyed with the process, but only bc the volume was really low (an easy fix)

edit: I said 3 classes, but what I meant was 3 different courses in the span of 3 weeks; orientation, intro to primary care, and now anatomy immersion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1
However I only submitted my secondary on July 19. Can't really expect much yet. Anyone have any turn around times?

Submitted secondary on 7/6.
Emailed them on 7/21 to see if there was anything else I needed to do. They said they're still processing apps. Guess they're just taking their time.

How quickly are they sending secondaries out after receiving the primary? It's been a week for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How quickly are they sending secondaries out after receiving the primary? It's been a week for me.

Submitted primary 7/16, received secondary 7/19. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my second letter writer to submit their letter so my secondary technically is not complete o_O

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They gave a talk to my masters program so it probably gave me some false confidence lol. VA resident so we'll see
I feel like they have to favor Ohio, but c'mon most schools do an area bias, which includes the neighboring states

My portal says I am under review but that interviews wont start until September 8th :corny:

sweet! But when do they start sending II lol
My guess is next week. So many schools send out IIs in the 2nd week of August it seems. Just wish that OU had more of a preference for the tri-state area and not just Ohio.

My guess is next week. So many schools send out IIs in the 2nd week of August it seems. Just wish that OU had more of a preference for the tri-state area and not just Ohio.
True but I've been saying this about schools in WV, Indiana and KY so it's balanced I guess :woot:

True but I've been saying this about schools in WV, Indiana and KY so it's balanced I guess :woot:
Sadly, PA gets left out to dry in all of it, we have no bias DO school. Both PCOM and LECOM are about 50/50 for IS/OOS

Oh I didn't think of PA...that's true :(
Yep, we have no slam dunk school. Even if our stats are good for DO we have to rely on stealing OOS spots somewhere else or hoping we get some love from LECOM or PCOM -- and PCOM does not send anything out until Sept/Oct...soooo just super stressful haha!

How long does it take for secondary to be marked confirmed? Submitted it 8/5. Wondering when I should be expecting to hear about II? (In-State/uGPA 3.86/ uGPAs 3.75/ MCAT 513/ Mission trips- 4 years, ED scribe-1.5 yrs, NCAA basketball-2 years, stem cell research-2 years)

How long does it take for secondary to be marked confirmed? Submitted it 8/5. Wondering when I should be expecting to hear about II? (In-State/uGPA 3.86/ uGPAs 3.75/ MCAT 513/ Mission trips- 4 years, ED scribe-1.5 yrs, NCAA basketball-2 years, stem cell research-2 years)
You should be focusing on MD, not DO with your stats

So for those of you being discouraged by the out of state numbers, please keep in mind that this past year they accepted the most out of state students in a while. I believe there are ~16-18 of us this year.

Did anyone get a complete email or just through the portal?

My application says that as well

Same here, too. Any word on if we have to contact them about this or if it just takes time? All my letters are in and secondary has been submitted for over a week now.

Same here, too. Any word on if we have to contact them about this or if it just takes time? All my letters are in and secondary has been submitted for over a week now.

I reached out last week about it. They are just getting to it slowly it seems. I submitted my application a month ago, and it still says that. Seems like they may prioritize IS and then work their way to OOS in making things complete

Anyone else still have just the "Thank you for submitting your application!" in the top left? I don't see any of my letters anywhere on their portal.

I am in the same position and submitted a month ago. I am IS too. I hope I did everything correctly.

No, I just checked the portal and it was updated. Hopefully, you get the same soon!

I wonder if they have sent out any II. The first interview date is Sept. 8, so I hope we start seeing some soon :)

Hi guys, I just received an II around 2:30 pm today for 9-15-17 and I submitted my secondary around 7-26-17.

Reactions: 1 users
I joined today just now so that I could let people know that they are sending them out. I have been checking out these forums for a while now, but never wanted to comment until today.
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.00.58 PM.png

Here is my proof.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.00.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.00.58 PM.png
    262 KB · Views: 76