2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Recently interviewed here and it was fairly laid back for me! I just wanted to warn that one person in my group experienced a very difficult interviewer who gave A LOT of push back on every answer she gave, and in turn her Interview was extremely difficult. So I’m just putting this out there so you can be prepared for a difficult interview regardless of how comfortable they try to make it seem. Best of luck!!
Based on the luck of my life, I feel like I will get that only difficult slot lol.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I just found out that medical students are required to stay on campus for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of medical school. What about medical students w/ families? Any Mercer Medical students out there who may know the answer to this?

Housing & Residence Life

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I just found out that medical students are required to stay on campus for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of medical school. What about medical students w/ families? Any Mercer Medical students out there who may know the answer to this?

Housing & Residence Life
That is incorrect. Especially because I'm Savannah you can't live on campus lol you can live where ever you want

That is incorrect. Especially because I'm Savannah you can't live on campus lol you can live where ever you want
Oh, ok that's good to hear. lol. I read on their website--> Mercer University Residency Requirement: All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students are required to live on campus.-->and was like what?!?!?!

Oh, ok that's good to hear. lol. I read on their website--> Mercer University Residency Requirement: All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students are required to live on campus.-->and was like what?!?!?!
That's probably for undergrad

Recently interviewed for RD. For those that are wondering, we were told committee will call for first round of RD acceptances on October 18th with emails going out October 19th. They meet every third Wednesday of each month to send out RD acceptances from here on out.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone who has interviewed and might hear back tomorrow!!! I heard they make phone call acceptances after business hours. Trying to send positive vibes to everyone (including myself) lol.

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and to tell those who are still waiting (or have just begun to wait) that this game can be a long process, and not to give up hope. I, for example, interviewed in November and then had almost 6 months of total radio silence before getting in. Be patient with both the School of Medicine and with yourself; the vast majority of interviewees that I see stroll in are excellent candidates, which is to say, if you are fortunate enough to interview JUST BE YOURSELF. Even through AMCAS, medical schools all over can smell a quality candidate vs. someone who is full of it, and I'm not talking numbers, but rather experiences and yes, the personal statement. The interview is only there to see if you can mesh well enough with the crowd and go with the flow. Not that I'm disregarding the interview in the least. By being granted an interview, people (MDs, PhDs, deans, faculty etc.) that have seen many pre-meds successfully become transplant surgeons or radiologists etc., have given you a nod and said, yeah this pre-med can do that too let's see what they are like in person, so be proud.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.

Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and to tell those who are still waiting (or have just begun to wait) that this game can be a long process, and not to give up hope. I, for example, interviewed in November and then had almost 6 months of total radio silence before getting in. Be patient with both the School of Medicine and with yourself; the vast majority of interviewees that I see stroll in are excellent candidates, which is to say, if you are fortunate enough to interview JUST BE YOURSELF. Even through AMCAS, medical schools all over can smell a quality candidate vs. someone who is full of it, and I'm not talking numbers, but rather experiences and yes, the personal statement. The interview is only there to see if you can mesh well enough with the crowd and go with the flow. Not that I'm disregarding the interview in the least. By being granted an interview, people (MDs, PhDs, deans, faculty etc.) that have seen many pre-meds successfully become transplant surgeons or radiologists etc., have given you a nod and said, yeah this pre-med can do that too let's see what they are like in person, so be proud.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.
Wow that was really nice and thoughtful! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I kind of needed that right bout now :)

Thank you! This definitely calms my nerves for my upcoming interview.

Goodluck to everyone who might hear back today! I just wanted to remind everyone not to compare themselves to anyone else. After I met the people I was interviewing with and heard their crazy major(s), shadowing/work experience, etc. I immediately doubted myself and thought there was NO way I would get in. Well, I was wrong and got the call a few weeks ago. So, just believe in yourself and try not to stress! It'll all be ok in the end!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
stilllllllllllllllllllllll waiting patiently

Same. Mercer please accept me so I don't have to spend any more money this application season >.< I love your school.

I got the call today! I still can't believe it!

I got the called last night as well. I was accepted!

Accepted this morning via email! Very surprised since no call last night!!! So excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Still patiently hoping for an II...... ><

Congratulation, Please share your stats if you can.
Grad degree focused in environmental health with emphasis in toxicology and biomarkers with decent grades(community health also emphasized). Have a lot of public health research experience and other professional experiences. Was at a state flag ship university with average grades in biology. Honors associates degree at smaller regional university. Savannah 10/10 interview.

Got an acceptance call from my CM interviewer last night around 7!! And the email this morning. Super excited!

Grad degree focused in environmental health with emphasis in toxicology and biomarkers with decent grades(community health also emphasized). Have a lot of public health research experience and other professional experiences. Was at a state flag ship university with average grades in biology. Honors associates degree at smaller regional university. Savannah 10/10 interview.

We interviewed together!:)

Do they send you an email if your not accepted for the 18th? I havent heard anything from them

Do they send you an email if your not accepted for the 18th? I havent heard anything from them

From what I understand from the communications section in the portal (and email) and from information on interview day, they will only inform you if you have been waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. If you are rolled over, you won’t get email. I also did not get the email, but interviewed fairly closer to the October 18th meeting than others on here.

When did you interview? If it’s been recent, I might have interviewed with you, and I think no news is good news in this case. If you wanna DM me about it, feel free.

On my interview day, Jina said if you don’t hear by tomorrow, you’re likely rolled over and you can email her to verify your status.

From what I understand from the communications section in the portal (and email) and from information on interview day, they will only inform you if you have been waitlisted, rejected, or accepted. If you are rolled over, you won’t get email. I also did not get the email, but interviewed fairly closer to the October 18th meeting than others on here.

When did you interview? If it’s been recent, I might have interviewed with you, and I think no news is good news in this case. If you wanna DM me about it, feel free.
I interviewed about a month ago. It was the second interview for regular decision

II there was only two days left!

II there was only two days left!

Two days total left for the whole interview cycle? Or were you talking about a specific month?

Also, could you share when you were complete with Mercer? Thanks.

Two days total left for the whole interview cycle? Or were you talking about a specific month?

Also, could you share when you were complete with Mercer? Thanks.

There was only two dates for the whole cycle. 01/04 and 12/7.

I was complete on October 18th

This changes, I received an II the first day they met, at that time there were only 3 slots open, not the time to lose hope yet.

First-time poster/long time lurker, but I got an interview today! I'm a reapplicant and I went to Mercer for undergrad. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I had the interview last week in Macon. I love it. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The group was small (4) so you get to know everyone in your group. The interviews were very relaxed and I felt really comfortable. They were very clear about the interview process and I truly appreciate that. Good luck everyone.

Thank you!!! My secondary was complete October 13 :)

Out of curiosity, what were your stats like? I did a late secondary for Mercer about a week after you, just trying to see if I might still have an II chance.