2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tomorrow is actually the day ED peeps!! Last week I was super nervous hut now I'm just kind of excited to finally get an answer. At least we will know and can send other apps out if it doesn't go as planned!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So since today is the day all the ED people have been waiting for plus an extra week, I’ve got some notes for everyone to remember. Just because you don't get a call tonight doesn’t mean you’re not accepted. You can still receive a call tomorrow morning by what I believe to be mid-afternoon. Also, reading over last year’s SDN forum post, some people didn’t receive a phone call at all and their acceptance came through email.

Whether you get a call/email at all, congratulations to all of the applicants who interviewed and good luck to whatever everyone’s future holds.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet for me. I don’t think they meet until right around now but I don’t know that for certain.

Got the call!! I’m so excited to have you all as classmates!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You’ll receive an email tomorrow sometime in the event you’re not accepted through early decision.

Nothing for me yet either. I’m just sitting in one of the academic buildings at my school staring at my phone hoping.

So that makes 5 people that applied ED and haven't heard anything yet. I have two other friends that haven't heard, as well.

They do make calls tomorrow. Not sure when the time cutoff is.

So that makes 5 people that applied ED and haven't heard anything yet. I have two other friends that haven't heard, as well.
I got called by my second interviewer about 5 minutes ago so there is still a chance you could get called tonight.

Good luck y'all. I really hope you all hear from them with good news! I know the wait SUCKS, I personally felt like throwing up. But just stay positive! I hope we all end up being classmates!

Reactions: 1 user
Me and another friend still haven't heard anything. Tried calling Mercer in Savannah and Macon. No one is answering.

3/5 of the people I interviewed with haven't heard anything either (in Savannah btw)

Hey everyone still waiting!! It is still possible, I just got my call 20 minutes ago :) I'm so excited and look forwarding to meet all of you! Just keep your hopes up, I know that was a restless night for me!

Hey everyone still waiting!! It is still possible, I just got my call 20 minutes ago :) I'm so excited and look forwarding to meet all of you! Just keep your hopes up, I know that was a restless night for me!
Congrats! Do you know which campus you want to go to?

Congrats! Do you know which campus you want to go to?

I'm actually not 100% set on one yet! I interviewed in Macon, and I loved everything about it, but I'm a little closer to Savannah and will be touring there soon to make a final decision! How about you!?

Congrats again everyone! And those still waiting, you got this!!
Have you guys been able to pay your deposit on the portal yet?

I'm actually not 100% set on one yet! I interviewed in Macon, and I loved everything about it, but I'm a little closer to Savannah and will be touring there soon to make a final decision! How about you!?
I also interviewed in Macon and loved it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing the Savannah campus because I just like that area more. I'm also going to try to schedule a tour once my classes calm down some but I'm gonna go ahead and choose Savannah anyway

Congrats again everyone! And those still waiting, you got this!!
Have you guys been able to pay your deposit on the portal yet?
Nope. Portal hasn't changed and no official acceptance email has been received on my end

Got the official email thismorning, as well! I haven't been able to pay a deposit in portal and the status hasn't changed. I think they're still busy finalizing acceptances.

Got the official email thismorning, as well! I haven't been able to pay a deposit in portal and the status hasn't changed. I think they're still busy finalizing acceptances.
Congratulations!!!

Just got the email releasing me from my early decision commitment.

Congratulations, What is your mcat/gpa ?

Deferred to RD with 3.6 sGPA and 514 MCAT, lots of ECs, thought the interviews went great
So depressed.

So is there a class of 2022 facebook page yet?

I just made one real quick, if there is another one out there already let me know and I'll delete this one.

If not, and you got accepted, you know what to do!

Actually, SDN won't let me post the link until I have 10 posts....

So, just search: Mercer University School of Medicine Class of 2022

Deferred to RD with 3.6 sGPA and 514 MCAT, lots of ECs, thought the interviews went great
So depressed.

Sorry to hear that, you have great stats, MCG should be a good fit, I am sure there is a spot for you somewhere!

I just made one real quick, if there is another one out there already let me know and I'll delete this one.

If not, and you got accepted, you know what to do!

Actually, SDN won't let me post the link until I have 10 posts....

So, just search: Mercer University School of Medicine Class of 2022
I tried looking for the page but couldn't find it!

For RD applicants, has anyone been accepted after an interview yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back after your interview?

RD decision has to be after Oct 15th per AMCAS

For RD applicants, has anyone been accepted after an interview yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back after your interview?
The committee meets the third Wednesday of every month. September's meeting was for early decision only so the first RD calls should be going out the night of October 18th or the morning of the 19th.

Recently interviewed here and it was fairly laid back for me! I just wanted to warn that one person in my group experienced a very difficult interviewer who gave A LOT of push back on every answer she gave, and in turn her Interview was extremely difficult. So I’m just putting this out there so you can be prepared for a difficult interview regardless of how comfortable they try to make it seem. Best of luck!!