2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this for real? Who sent the email saying it was a mistake?
Associate dean of admisions, but she called me and said it was a mistake and gave me an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Associate dean of admisions, but she called me and said it was a mistake and gave me an interview!
now it turns back to be one of the best feeling ever lol. Congrats!

Just got an email saying they received my domicile...which I submitted and was marked as received online more than a month ago?

This just happened to me too.. It says on my application that it was marked received on 7/21.. Any ideas?? Kind of freaks me out

Has anyone had issues with the portal not loading for supplemental?

Reactions: 1 user
Portal is still down for me as well. Getting a weird error page.

How is the financial aid at Mercer compared to MCG? I know public vs. private SHOULD be a no-brainer, but hey, you never know, Mercer could be sitting on money. I have a friend at Emory that said that the financial aid package was pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have had interviews do yall have any advice?

How is the financial aid at Mercer compared to MCG? I know public vs. private SHOULD be a no-brainer, but hey, you never know, Mercer could be sitting on money. I have a friend at Emory that said that the financial aid package was pretty good.
There is a new scholarship called the Nathan Deal Scholarship they talked about at interviews that 25 Mercer students have received so far that covers 85-100% of the tuition. Each year you receive the scholarship you pledge a year of practice to a rural county in Georgia. But besides that I'm not sure.

II about one hour ago!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have had interviews do yall have any advice?
Idk which campus you'll be on, but I interviewed in Macon and don't have a single negative thing to say about it. It was an incredible experience. EVERYONE was super welcoming and it was informative. Just try not to stress and take it all in...enjoy every second of it because it really does hobby fast. You'll walk out of there totally in love with their program! Good luck!
(I also didn't get any difficult questions so don't worry about the interviews)

When did you complete? Stats, if you don't mind?
I was complete about 8/3. GPA 3.59, MCAT 510, lots of clinical hours paid and volunteer, undergrad research, taking post-bacc classes now

I was complete about 8/3. GPA 3.59, MCAT 510, lots of clinical hours paid and volunteer, undergrad research, taking post-bacc classes now

You sound almost exactly like me! Kinda bummed I haven't heard from them yet. I actually want to do rural medicine and feel like I articulated that in my secondary essays.

Though I did get a random email last week saying that they'd received my domicile...despite the fact that it shows as received online July 30. Wonder if there was a processing problem there.

Congrats btw!!

Idk which campus you'll be on, but I interviewed in Macon and don't have a single negative thing to say about it. It was an incredible experience. EVERYONE was super welcoming and it was informative. Just try not to stress and take it all in...enjoy every second of it because it really does hobby fast. You'll walk out of there totally in love with their program! Good luck!
(I also didn't get any difficult questions so don't worry about the interviews)
Ok thanks allot! Im super excited for it. Cant wait to meet some of the people ill probably be spending a lot of time with for the next 4 years

Can anyone offer some insight on the difference between the curriculum at the Macon campus and the Savannah campus? Both seem to offer PBL and a focus on primary care and rural medicine.

Anybody interview in Savannah and have any comments? That was the only campus available when I scheduled

Anybody interview in Savannah and have any comments? That was the only campus available when I scheduled

I interviewed at the Savannah campus last year. Really small group -- think there was only 5 of us total.

Probably the friendliest school I've toured. They come right out and tell you that the fact that you're being interviewed means you're intelligent enough for medical school, which I thought was a nice touch to set people at ease. They're very serious about their mission first and foremost, so be prepared to articulate your motivation for pursuing rural medicine.

I was less than impressed with the facilities at the Savannah campus, namely the anatomy lab, but clearly I would be more than happy to attend.

I interviewed at the Savannah campus last year. Really small group -- think there was only 5 of us total.

Probably the friendliest school I've toured. They come right out and tell you that the fact that you're being interviewed means you're intelligent enough for medical school, which I thought was a nice touch to set people at ease. They're very serious about their mission first and foremost, so be prepared to articulate your motivation for pursuing rural medicine.

I was less than impressed with the facilities at the Savannah campus, namely the anatomy lab, but clearly I would be more than happy to attend.
Thanks! I appreciate the response.

II just now, completed early August.

I read that our Mercer Portal changes if we've been accepted, for early folks, do you guys think that will change after 5pm tomorrow or some time during the day??

I read that our Mercer Portal changes if we've been accepted, for early folks, do you guys think that will change after 5pm tomorrow or some time during the day??
Well it can't change until the have the meeting to decide who is accepted so it definitely won't be before 5. I'd guess it'd probably change sometime on Thursday. All I know is, I'm absolutely DYING waiting and it's only been 2 weeks since I interviewed lol I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm not gonna get accepted at this point.

I think they just posted the class stats for class of 2021 (I didn't see them yesterday). sGPA and cGPA averages both went up a little, but MCAT percentile went down a little. Good luck everyone!! I applied ED and find out tomorrow (or Thursday) and I'm dying!

II also yesterday. Complete like the first week.

Good luck to all the early decision people out there. Here's hoping that we all get in and get to go through the medical school journey together. Also, don't forget that if you happen to not recieve a phone call tonight they may be waiting to call you in the morning.

Any RD folks interviewing in Savanah tomorrow? Im starting to get a little nervous haha

Just got an email that the committee is meeting next Wednesday due to the aftermath of hurricane Irma and wanting to accommodate everyone who applied.

The waiting game continues.

Just got an email that the committee is meeting next Wednesday due to the aftermath of hurricane Irma and wanting to accommodate everyone who applied.

The waiting game continues.
I didn't get that email...

Neither did I! Did you email them first to ask?
I just emailed Mrs.parrish to ask
I'm thinking maybe there is a committee in Savannah and one in Macon and only savannah's got pushed back. I interviewed in Macon

That makes sense, I feel like they would have emailed us earlier and let us know if decisions were pushed back?

It would make sense for there to be a committee on both campuses. I always assumed there would be one committee and half of the members would be from Macon and the other half from Savannah.

The email did come from Ms. Sabina on the Savannah campus.

She just sent it out to the Macon applicants now...I'm about to cry

Screw me...I submitted my secondary two months ago but I just checked back into my application portal to see that I didn't submit my domicile residency form. Even though it shouldn't take too long to submit/notarize, should I even bother now?

The early decision application decision is being delayed until September 27th I believe. I interviewed in Savannah with 32 others, according to the email sent that notifies everyone of the delayed process. Can someone who interviewed at the Macon campus tell me how many were cc in the email?

I counted 29 total in Savannah from the email. Not that it matters haha

Haha I may have interviewed with you, if your name is Kyle and you're from Dacula? I'm the kid from Auburn. I had a friend from Macon that said they individually emailed each applicant. So I'm not sure how many Interviewed in Macon. But 29 + Macon seems like good odds.
According to last year's data, they interviewed 58 ED applicants so that sound right