2017-2018 Long School of Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*cricket cricket*

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yo where those IIs my bank account is itching to be emptied out even more

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo where those IIs my bank account is itching to be emptied out even more
I got one two three four five six seven eight dollars in my bank account, dollars in my bank account

I got one two three four five six seven eight rejections and no interviews, rejections and no interviews

Reactions: 7 users
The silence from this school is deafening. They really are taking their sweet time considering there was no secondaries to wait for.

Reactions: 2 users
Typical turnaround after interviews outside of Texas is 2-4 weeks.

So if they start II's in late September and do 50 twice weekly they can be done by November 15.

But they don't. Their interviews begin in mid-August.

Last edited:
Yep first interview date is August 8
That is crazy short notice for an interview, but if so it means they should be rolling out any day now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no one has called yet this year to see what the school says.

It is still early though

Yep first interview date is August 8

Is this the date from last year? Because if it's this year's interview and they give people less than 2 weeks notice, that's kind of an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still silence (or so I've heard) from McGovern, RGV, and UTSW so far too.

The probability of less than than 2 week's notice on an II is virtually zero.

TT Lubbock gave me 10 day notice before an interview, so anything is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are yall finding the interview dates? Their website didn't seem to list them anywhere

That's a a Tuesday. Interviews have been on Fridays the past several years. Where did you get this info from?
How did u find out its on the 8th? I'm just curious
It looks the first date is that Tuesday then the rest are on Fridays. I go to school there. I can't say whether invites have gone out but I do know the dates.

It looks the first date is that Tuesday then the rest are on Fridays. I go to school there. I can't say whether invites have gone out but I do know the dates.

Is there a linkage program or some kind of early admission route? If so, perhaps those people are getting interviewed first.

II received a few minutes ago

Just got one as well. Seems like they give you some dates to choose from.

And I guess they don't need rec letters for an II? My committee letter is nowhere near done.

Just got one as well. Seems like they give you some dates to choose from.

And I guess they don't need rec letters for an II? My committee letter is nowhere near done.
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats/urm/orm?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anyone that transmitted in July... have y'all heard back yet?

It's the 4.0 kids with 520+ who and URMs with a Lizzy over 70 who are getting lots of invites now.

UNT is like the white nontrad with 3.3 and a 26 applying to Harvard...have you seen their invite list?
im LizzyM >= 76 IS no invite lol

Go check out the UNT invite list. Nothing under 75. For a DO school. I mean I get why UTMB or UTSW interviews mostly 75+ at this stagr, but why is a DO school interviewing people likely to place at an Ivy?

The equivalent on the applicant side is 3.2 Kenny Powers applying to Harvard

im so confused right now lmao

Reactions: 3 users
Go check out the UNT invite list. Nothing under 75. For a DO school. I mean I get why UTMB or UTSW interviews mostly 75+ at this stagr, but why is a DO school interviewing people likely to place at an Ivy?

The equivalent on the applicant side is 3.2 Kenny Powers applying to Harvard

I have an interview there, OOS Lizzy m 68-69

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an II! I can't believe it! I'm not URM. 3.72 GPA, 512 MCAT. IS

im so confused right now lmao
I honestly feel that every school is doing that right now. They are fighting to interview everyone with high stats first to make sure they don't lose out on them. Then later they will go back and look at applicants with lower stats. Idk though

Congrats all. Does the email give you a date or does it give you some way to choose?

The email took me to a portal that allowed me to select 8/11, 8/18, 8/25, or 9/01.