2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS and still no word they've even got my primary (completed 6/2). It's a long-shot anyway since I don't have huge ties to Indiana so I'm not too torn up about the silence

Same here! OOS so who knows if I'll get an interview...

Last year they interviewed 630 Out-of-State applicants out of around 6,300 verified applicants. A 10% interview chance out of that is fairly high for a state school toward out of state applicants!

Reactions: 1 user
Last year they interviewed 630 Out-of-State applicants out of around 6,300 verified applicants. A 10% interview chance out of that is fairly high for a state school toward out of state applicants!

IIIRC they favor OOS students with ties to Indiana tho

finally got the complete notice today at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIIRC they favor OOS students with ties to Indiana tho

finally got the complete notice today at least

By "complete notice," do you mean this message (below) or a different one?

Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

With many thanks,

Indiana University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions

By "complete notice," do you mean this message (below) or a different one?

Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

With many thanks,

Indiana University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions

That one!

So they won't be sending us a secondary to complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
So they won't be sending us a secondary to complete?
nope! only a primary.

also from their email, i couldnt tell for sure but does that mean that we cant send any updates like gap year plans etc etc or other updates??

For EDP, is the 3.6 science GPA the BCPM GPA calculated in AMCAS?

nope! only a primary.

also from their email, i couldnt tell for sure but does that mean that we cant send any updates like gap year plans etc etc or other updates??

You only get a secondary if you get an interview invite. Also, there is no way to upload anything to that portal, so the process is the same whether you have access to the secondary portal or not: mail that baby in to their office. If they toss it in the trash, so be it.

Okay y'all, so I called admissions and they said that they didn't receive primary applications from AMCAS until the 2nd week of July. They're still downloading primaries, so those of us who haven't gotten emails yet should be getting them in the coming weeks.
Based on the trend from the past few years, not necessary it will be this year, that the 1st group of II will come out the last Friday of July which is TODAY.

Not sure what internal process IU used to put people on 1st group. That is not something they want to advertise. Of course, early verification and then confirmed helps.

I never got a "complete" email from Indiana, and I added them to my AMCAS a while ago. :(

Based on the trend from the past few years, not necessary it will be this year, that the 1st group of II will come out the last Friday of July which is TODAY.

Not sure what internal process IU used to put people on 1st group. That is not something they want to advertise. Of course, early verification and then confirmed helps.
Oh dear.

someone..not me.... should just call and ask about II's hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
So has anyone received interview invites yet? Or do we think they're just behind in comparison to last year?

II! First one ever. I feel like I could pass out from the excitement. I'm IS, not EDP.

Last edited:
Got my II this afternoon! IS, applied EDP but was deferred to regular decision because of a low MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you all to get the completed email? My app was verified 7/27. Also, congrats to those who have gotten II!

I was complete 7/10. Got the email minutes after my last letter writer submitted to AMCAS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happy for everyone that got a II but just me orrrrrr does everyone else feel slightly sick cause they didn't get one today lolol

Reactions: 2 users
For people who did get an interview and had a chance to look at the graduate application, did you notice that choosing Fall 2018 as a start date as instructed wasn't an option? I was planning to call tomorrow to clarify, but was wondering if others encountered the same issue.

For everyone waiting, I hope more interviews come out really soon so you don't have to wait long!

For people who did get an interview and had a chance to look at the graduate application, did you notice that choosing Fall 2018 as a start date as instructed wasn't an option? I was planning to call tomorrow to clarify, but was wondering if others encountered the same issue.

For everyone waiting, I hope more interviews come out really soon so you don't have to wait long!

I just put fall 2017 and assumed it was a mistake on IU's part

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes deep in the email was that you choose Fall 2017 for MD and summer for MD/PhD! For everyone who did get an interview, did they give you dates to choose yet or did you simply choose a campus? I might be a fool, but I couldn't find a place to view dates!

My email just said choose fall or summer, not a year and obviously we would be starting in 2018. I don't think it was a mistake, I think they use that grad application for all of their graduate programs and none of the others apply this far in advance. I'll call tomorrow to ask if I should wait for a fix or just choose fall 2017.

Regarding dates, they will send you a date. I don't believe you get to choose. You just choose a campus.

Got my II this afternoon! IS, applied EDP but was deferred to regular decision because of a low MCAT.
I'm IS and got my II today as well. I applied EDP but was just slightly below the required MCAT scores. How do you know if you were deferred to regular decision?

On the application portal, does anyone's file show a yellow ! for the letters of recommendation, even though they were sent with the primary AMCAS application?

On the application portal, does anyone's file show a yellow ! for the letters of recommendation, even though they were sent with the primary AMCAS application?
Mine does and all my letters are in, other schools have them.

@fingerscrossed14 when you get an II there are directions to set up a portal. I think it's just to get the interview scheduled and notify you of post-interview decisions etc.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm IS and got my II today as well. I applied EDP but was just slightly below the required MCAT scores. How do you know if you were deferred to regular decision?
They sent me an email on 8/1 after the EDP application closed telling me that upon careful review of my application they had decided to defer me. My MCAT score was also slightly below the EDP cutoff.

Last edited: