2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone get accepted yet today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do they send them out today? And we may or may not get them later this week?
They send them via snail mail. I would think they probably sent them today, so depending on how far you live from Indianapolis, I guess you could hear anytime from tomorrow until sometime next week.

They send them via snail mail. I would think they probably sent them today, so depending on how far you live from Indianapolis, I guess you could hear anytime from tomorrow until sometime next week.
Would our portal reflect acceptance before the mail comes in?

Would our portal reflect acceptance before the mail comes in?
The admissions rep who spoke at my interview day said that the portal most likely would not update right away. I'm IS, and had a lot of friends who matriculated this year. Almost all of them found out via mail.

The admissions rep who spoke at my interview day said that the portal most likely would not update right away. I'm IS, and had a lot of friends who matriculated this year. Almost all of them found out via mail.
Alright that's good to know, my anxiety is absolutely through the roof, just waiting on a text from my mom to tell me what came in the mail today

I feel like it depends on how it was phrased. If they asked how you would deal with racism towards yourself and you just said you would ignore it and be a spectacular doctor despite the racism, then I think that is a good answer. Don’t let people on SDN stress you out.
Oh I'm not stressed at all.. I know for a fact my interview went well.. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Alright that's good to know, my anxiety is absolutely through the roof, just waiting on a text from my mom to tell me what came in the mail today
One day mail would be pretty insane. I would save that anxiety for tomorrow/the rest of the week

Hey guys! I'm a current MS1 here at IUSM, if you have any questions feel free to drop me a note or reply here!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything today yet? My mail doesn't come till late but I live in Indiana so I'm curious.

Anyone hear anything today yet? My mail doesn't come till late but I live in Indiana so I'm curious.
Nothing for me today and I'm not super far from Indy

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those who interviewed mid-October before the 15th should expect a decision at the earliest of November 15th, correct?

My best guess from previous years is Thursday will be the first day people find acceptances in their mailboxes.

My best guess from previous years is Thursday will be the first day people find acceptances in their mailboxes.

I think you are right. Sucks too because I've been counting down to today the whole week thinking it was "the day".

I think you are right. Sucks too because I've been counting down to today the whole week thinking it was "the day".
Or maybe they hated all of us and are just going to try again next month. :nailbiting:

Do they send out rejections via snail mail too or are all rejections done via email?

Just curious on whether the letter received this week could be an acceptance or rejection.
I was rejected last year and I interviewed in early September. Didn't find out via email till March.

Letter received today!! Woohoo!! IN resident

Reactions: 5 users
Also just for further reference, my portal still lists me as Under Consideration

i'm 30 min from indy. i interviewed on the first day 9/6 in indianapolis.
Congrats on your acceptance! I also interviewed on 9/6 and was hoping to hear good news from IUSM this month *cue nail biting*

section 218 accepted! not me lol i'm nail biting with ya ** cue nervous laugh **

I think there is still hope for good news tomorrow, and that we won't all be waiting till next month. Though I know for a fact a package I got today (USPS with tracking) left Indy at 11pm last night so I'm not optimistic for myself.

If it helps I know two people who got in early decision last month and one got it on the Thursday and the other didn’t get her letter till the next Tuesday and they both live pretty close to Indy so it could just be difference in time of local mail carriers or something...

Reactions: 2 users
I'd say it's probably an anomaly that I got mine today since no one else is posting anything so I really think (and hope) that there will be news for you all tomorrow!

I'd say it's probably an anomaly that I got mine today since no one else is posting anything so I really think (and hope) that there will be news for you all tomorrow!

Me too! I'm so excited for you though. Do you think you'll attend?

Accepted!! I can't believe it! I'm in state! I wouldn't have checked the mail today if it weren't for section218's post!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I live very close to Indianapolis as a reference! I agree that that there is definetly hope for other people IS to get letters later this week!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone that goes to an IU related school, does your student center say anything when you go to the application status page? I'm reading last year's thread and it seems that that is how a lot of people found out about acceptance as that changed before mail arrived

It's just a blank chart for me and says please call admissions office for status of your application -_-

Does the admissions committee meet every week? Or is there a once a month meeting and when is that. End of the month each month?

Nothing in the mail today. Live 30 mins from Indy...starting to lose hope for this month :/

Just got invited to interview! What percentage of interviewees are accepted? I'm in-state and went to IUPUI

Nothing in the mail today. Live 30 mins from Indy...starting to lose hope for this month :/
+1. Hopefully next month we get good news from IUSM!