2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have gotten interviews, how long did it take you to get an actual interview date after the initial interview notification and submitting the fee?
About 3.5 weeks in my case.

Members don't see this ad.

Theres no secondary right? I got the email on 8/9 that they received my primary app but nothing else.

Theres no secondary right? I got the email on 8/9 that they received my primary app but nothing else.
I'm an OOS MD/PhD applicant and don't want to induce any stress here. However, they will send you a short secondary app when they offer you an interview invitation.
Don't worry. The interview will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long you wait after your interview to hear back from IU? And the acceptance rate if you have gotten asked for an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an II OOS

Reactions: 1 users
For the secondary app, are we suppose to fill out the employment history and school info? :oops:

II just now! OOS, complete July 28th

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have gotten interviews, how long did it take you to get an actual interview date after the initial interview notification and submitting the fee?
2 Weeks & 5 days

Has the status changed in your portal? Did you get snail mail or email?

I got my EDP acceptance letter today, but my portal changed to Accepted before I actually got the letter from USPS.

Also, interesting fact, someone I know had her letter dated 3 days before mine.

Also, no more writing a vague letter to accept! Just gotta check boxes and put information on a form and mail it in.

Last edited:
For those of you who have been accepted, are you able to log into the portal using IU network credentials to rank campuses and sign the technical standards form?

For those of you who have been accepted, are you able to log into the portal using IU network credentials to rank campuses and sign the technical standards form?

Nope, I have an account with IU because of my undergrad, and I wasn't sure if that's why it was being weird about letting me log in.

I think I am in the same boat. Do you know who to contact?

I was thinking of waiting until Monday in case they need until October 1st to process all the early decision people, and then emailing inmedapp or the contact form on the applicant portal.

For those with upcoming interviews: I am a visual person and wanted to see where I am going to have to be for check in. I circled the two parking decks mentioned in my II email and the location of check in. Simple, slightly silly thing, but it gives me some peace of mind.

Attachments

• IU parking & check in.png
    IU parking & check in.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 91
For those with upcoming interviews: I am a visual person and wanted to see where I am going to have to be for check in. I circled the two parking decks mentioned in my II email and the location of check in. Simple, slightly silly thing, but it gives me some peace of mind.[/QUOTE

To add to the above info:

West Michigan St is under construction......drums everywhere :(. It can be headache to drive through those few blocks to Riley Outpatient parking garage. It is shorter distance walking to the interview front office though.

The West Vermont St parking garage is further but can be less headache than to the Riley one.
Watch out the one way streets and arrive earlier

How does this school look at withdraws? I have 1 withdraw on my transcript, wondering if that would be a big issue?

i interviewed here 9/6. Feel free to ask Q's.

Would appreciate any description of the interview day and what kind of interview it was. I know they do 2-on-1 interviews (occasionally 1-on-1 if someone can't make it?), but the e-mail and website basically makes it seem like we're on our own for the most part.

Would appreciate any description of the interview day and what kind of interview it was. I know they do 2-on-1 interviews (occasionally 1-on-1 if someone can't make it?), but the e-mail and website basically makes it seem like we're on our own for the most part.
Anyone care to share their interview experience here this cycle? I will be interviewing in Indy on 10/11! What kind of scenario questions are asked?

I interviewed at a smaller, regional campus. There were people who were there hours earlier for earlier interviews. Everyone had to wait until everyone finished interviewing in a little lounge area. After interviews we had lunch with current MS1 and MS2s and a tour of the campus. Then a faculty member went over details about IUSM curriculum and stuff, advertised the regional campus, and answered questions. Then we watched the financial aid presentation live from Indy (this was optional).

As for the interview, everyone who went before me said it was "much more lenient than you'd expect." All the interviewers were very nice based on everyone's response. They had a list of general questions they had to ask from the school.

I interviewed at a smaller, regional campus. There were people who were there hours earlier for earlier interviews. Everyone had to wait until everyone finished interviewing in a little lounge area. After interviews we had lunch with current MS1 and MS2s and a tour of the campus. Then a faculty member went over details about IUSM curriculum and stuff, advertised the regional campus, and answered questions. Then we watched the financial aid presentation live from Indy (this was optional).

As for the interview, everyone who went before me said it was "much more lenient than you'd expect." All the interviewers were very nice based on everyone's response. They had a list of general questions they had to ask from the school.
Is it OK to ask which campus you interviewed at?

Is there a portal for applicants who haven't yet received an II to check their status?

LOL just received the email that they are reviewing my primary... wonder how long it will be before I hear back? :whistle:
OOS

LOL just received the email that they are reviewing my primary... wonder how long it will be before I hear back? :whistle:
OOS
Is this email different from of the "Application receipt Notification" email?

Hey guys! Can you upload the legal disclosure form? Or does it have to be sent by mail?

Also, does anyone know which locations results in the quickest interview dates?

Sorry if this has already been asked! I just got an interview and only have access to a phone at the moment, so researching things is a hassle.

There's a separate section toward the end of the app that specifically asks for uploading additional docs. That's the part they meant don't upload extra stuff for, unless it's criminal/ disciplinary.

For the school/ employer, I filled those sections out.
Sorry, figured it out!

I was thinking of waiting until Monday in case they need until October 1st to process all the early decision people, and then emailing inmedapp or the contact form on the applicant portal.

Any luck logging in?

Hello all! I logged into the applicant portal and saw that my interview location preference is marked as "Northwest". I've already asked two unrelated questions to admissions, so I don't want to bother them. So, does anyone know how to get from Indianapolis or Chicago to Northwest-Gary cheaply?

Hello all! I logged into the applicant portal and saw that my interview location preference is marked as "Northwest". I've already asked two unrelated questions to admissions, so I don't want to bother them. So, does anyone know how to get from Indianapolis or Chicago to Northwest-Gary cheaply?

I’d fly to midway for Gary campus. If I understood what you were asking

Is there a difference for the campuses for the interviews?

Also do you have to upload letters again or does it just take time to process from amcas

Anyone care to share their interview experience here this cycle? I will be interviewing in Indy on 10/11! What kind of scenario questions are asked?

Same question here. I saw someone mention the interviews were 2:1, is this true? Also, were the interviewers faculty/staff or medical students?

Same question here. I saw someone mention the interviews were 2:1, is this true? Also, were the interviewers faculty/staff or medical students?

I just interviewed at the Indy campus this past week. It consisted of an info session/panel, financial aid presentation, and then your interview. I believe all interviews are supposed to be 2:1, and I was supposed to interview with an MS4 and faculty member. Ended up only interviewing with the faculty member because the MS4 had class (?) so I think it's pretty common to actually just get 1 person interviewing you. My faculty interviewer personally had a list of questions, (half normal, half scenario/ethics) prepared for me, but it was pretty low-stress. Of course ymmv depending on who interviews you.

I *still* haven't gotten a secondary. Gonna count it as a silent rejection :p

Do early decision applicants who are accepted automatically get their first campus choice? So when we rank them, only the first one matters?

Oh I thought they screened your primary and then send one via email? Maybe I'm dumb
No, they only send a secondary after you are invited for an II otherwise they will reject. Many applicants were rejected if you check previous pages

Do early decision applicants who are accepted automatically get their first campus choice? So when we rank them, only the first one matters?

I don't think it's automatic, but Early decision people get the first pick so they usually land at the first choice. The only campus that people get rejected at usually is Indianapolis.

I don't think it's automatic, but Early decision people get the first pick so they usually land at the first choice. The only campus that people get rejected at usually is Indianapolis.

Hmm, I really thought we get our first pick. So what does it mean that they will guarantee our campus assignment?

Early Decision get their first choice guaranteed. Regular decision do too normally, but Indianapolis is the one that people will get rejected from often if they do get their 2nd or 3rd choice.

Good luck to those applying this cycle. I'm currently an MS2 at IU. Reach out if you have questions!
I was wondering if you could share how you went about apartment hunting after you got your campus placement? It makes me a bit nervous thinking about having to wait so late to sign a lease...especially since my first choice would be Bloomington and with the undergrad campus there too I imagine that looking for an apartment so late in the spring could be pretty difficult. Thanks!! :)

Does anyone know the OOS acceptance rate here post interview?

Last edited: