2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They accept an additional science professor letter in place of the non-science! Also, I had the yellow check-marks for a bit as well but once they received the forms I mailed in they went ahead and check-marked everything else off.

Thank you so much! I had two science faculty letters, one from a supervisor, and one from a mentor (MD), you think that would suffice? Or should I still request another letter from a professor/faculty member?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like IUSM is preferring OOS residents who have ties to the state. Does anyone know how to communicate those ties to the school if you haven't gotten an II yet?

MSTP INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY!!! *casually crying*

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like IUSM is preferring OOS residents who have ties to the state. Does anyone know how to communicate those ties to the school if you haven't gotten an II yet?
I sent in a letter explaining my situation. But idk if they ever got it or care.

My interview was scheduled today for October 11th(I got the email), but my application portal still says they haven't received my forms. Plus I have to get a non-science LOR. Is this normal? I thought everything needed to be in place before I interviewed.
But on the portal is says everything should be turned in 30 days after interview.. I have an interview on the 11th of October too in Gary

But on the portal is says everything should be turned in 30 days after interview.. I have an interview on the 11th of October too in Gary[/QUOTE]

Goodluck! I'm sure you'll do great

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! I had two science faculty letters, one from a supervisor, and one from a mentor (MD), you think that would suffice? Or should I still request another letter from a professor/faculty member?
I'm not sure about that since they request letters from professors who actually taught you in class. My two science letters were from two science professors. I would give them a call!

First Rejection of this cycle :'(
But can't really complain though

Joining the rejection train! LizzyM 61, URM, OOS. Good luck to the rest who made it! ;)

I'm OOS and was complete on 7/25, but have not heard anything yet... is this normal? Do we know if they really are going in order of complete date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today, OOS LizzyM 69. Verified 7/31, receipt notification on 8/7

Last edited:
How long after the initial interview email are people getting their interview dates? Going on four weeks now...

How long after the initial interview email are people getting their interview dates? Going on four weeks now...

It took me about 2-3 weeks. But, I wouldn't look into it too much.

Rejected today as a Re-app. LizzyM 69, over 3000 patient care hours. Not exactly sure what this school wants but oh well.

Rejected today as a Re-app. LizzyM 69, over 3000 patient care hours. Not exactly sure what this school wants but oh well.

Sorry to hear that! Are you IS? I'm OOS, similar stats, haven't even gotten a secondary yet :(

OOS with absolutely no ties to Indiana which probably explains the rejection.
My gut feeling is that for OOS, they are looking "in general" a combination of GPA 3.8+, MCAT "old system" 35 or 36+ as a baseline before considering the rest of activity!

My gut feeling is that for OOS, they are looking "in general" a combination of GPA 3.8+, MCAT "old system" 35 or 36+ as a baseline before considering the rest of activity!

Not really because I only got 3.3 and 502 on the MCAT and I have interview on Oct 11th

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone not heard back from here yet? I got the complete email nearly 2 months ago (July 31st) and I haven't heard anything yet. OOS (neighboring state), 519/3.95

II this morning - received complete email from IU on 7/25.
OOS but border state with ties to Indiana.
:)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone not heard back from here yet? I got the complete email nearly 2 months ago (July 31st) and I haven't heard anything yet. OOS (neighboring state), 519/3.95
Yeah. I'm still waiting. Complete email July 19. IS. LizzyM 75.

II today, Complete 7/19. OOS (Michigan), LizzyM 70-75. Ties to Indiana through my undergrad.

For those who have interviewed already at the Indianapolis location, could you comment on how you thought your interview went? I interview here October 4th.

Hey guys quick question,

I know this school only sends secondaries once you are invited to an interview, but do we have to fill out the
IUPUI Graduate and Professional Admissions Application and pay the $65 fee in order to be complete for review?

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys quick question,

I know this school only sends secondaries once you are invited to an interview, but do we have to fill out the
IUPUI Graduate and Professional Admissions Application and pay the $65 fee in order to be complete for review?

Thanks for the help!
no, you pay and do this once you get interview invite

Good luck to those applying this cycle. I'm currently an MS2 at IU. Reach out if you have questions!

Don't worry about this. I just printed mine off with a home printer and cut it down to 3x5. I don't think they care if its exactly 3x5 or not. No one had any issues with it last year.
Does this mean a 4x6 would be okay? I just go my print (4x6) and I'll cut it down, if you all think I should, but it just seems a little silly to me. Your thoughts are most welcome.

II today. Complete email sent on 9/11.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I received a secondary invite and filled everything out but I still haven't received the interview date. I'm guessing it will take about a month to hear back. For those who already interviewed, could you tell me a little bit about it? Any advice on preparation? Most interesting question?

For those who have gotten interviews, how long did it take you to get an actual interview date after the initial interview notification and submitting the fee?