2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't remember exactly and I'm at work right now so I can't check but they were all mid-October.

Gotcha, thanks! I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Currently trying to choose schools: Why did you choose Georgetown on your school list?

Currently trying to choose schools: Why did you choose Georgetown on your school list?

Close to home, enjoy DC and georgetown area, liked the narrative literature track and that they care a lot about service

Members don't see this ad :)
I just noticed my application status says "Your application is under review." .. Does it automatically say this after you submit your secondary? Or did it used to say "Your application is complete" and it changed status? For those of you with II's how long after the "review" status did you get your II??

I love GT so much.. Hoping for some love!

Are there any current students around? I am visiting DC this weekend and think it'd be awesome to meet up with a student to get a feel for the Georgetown area and chat before my interview on 9/13.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Trying to decide if applying here is would actually get me anywhere. On their website says, they highly focus on BCPM GPA (which is good news for me). But I am concerned my cGPA might get me rejected quite fast. My cGPA is 3.25, my BPCM is 3.8 and my MCAT is 513. Lots of clinical hours, ECs are great, 3 years of work experience after undergrad, and a Master's degree (GPA not included in cGPA - with Master's GPA, cGPA would go up to 3.4 but not sure if they include that).
Should I apply with my cGPA?? Thanks!

You should apply! I can't believe I'm writing this, but I received a II today with eerily similar stats.
cGPA - 3.24
BCPM - 3.86
MCAT - 512 126/130/128/128
No Masters
Worked on clinical researcher studies the past 4 years. I had a previous career in video production...WHAT IS LIFE?

That's all to say if it happened for me it certainly can happen for you.

Reactions: 4 users
You should apply! I can't believe I'm writing this, but I received a II today with eerily similar stats.
cGPA - 3.24
BCPM - 3.86
No Masters
Worked on clinical researcher studies the past 4 years. I had a previous career in video production...WHAT IS LIFE?

Oh man! You just gave me so much hope! Thank you!! Yeah now I'll definitely apply! Looking forward to it.
Do you mind telling me when did you apply so I can kind of gauge how long it took you to get an II?

First batch of rejections were yesterday?? I have a feeling Georgetown's gonna reject me soon.

EDIT: Yep, just got it.

Last edited:
Was anyone complete after ~7/15 that's been rejected? I'm sorry all of you seem like great candidates based on your stats!

Rejected! Thank you Georgetown for popping my disappointment cherry. Wasn't too optimistic after I realized they were so service oriented so this one doesn't sting much.

Rejected! Thank you Georgetown for popping my disappointment cherry. Wasn't too optimistic after I realized they were so service oriented so this one doesn't sting much.

Oh man! You just gave me so much hope! Thank you!! Yeah now I'll definitely apply! Looking forward to it.
Do you mind telling me when did you apply so I can kind of gauge how long it took you to get an II?
I completed my secondary application on 7/25 and got the II yesterday morning. I will say I took great care to respond thoughtfully to the secondary questions. I'd advise the same. GU receives a high volume of applicants so responses that demonstrate considered interest may serve you well.

Reactions: 1 users

as a grizzled internet veteran of many years I have never heard such an expression

XRpwx_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Don't even know what to think anymore. Haven't gotten the axe nor an II. Been complete since 7/10

Reactions: 2 users
I completed my secondary application on 7/25 and got the II yesterday morning. I will say I took great care to respond thoughtfully to the secondary questions. I'd advise the same. GU receives a high volume of applicants so responses that demonstrate considered interest may serve you well.
Was complete just before you but haven't heard anything. Would you mind sharing your stats? Sorry if they are in your signature, I'm on my phone and can't see at the moment

II !!!!!!! so shocked

STATS:

3.95 GPA, 4.0 Science GPA
507 MCAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Was complete just before you but haven't heard anything. Would you mind sharing your stats? Sorry if they are in your signature, I'm on my phone and can't see at the moment
cGPA - 3.24
BCPM - 3.86
No Masters