2017-2018 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Strangely, yesterday my status changed to 'Admissions Committee Review Complete" and stayed like that for a short time (about 30 + minutes). Then it reverted back to "Admissions Committee Scheduled" !! What's going on here, very confusing. Anyone else have this change at their end ?

Mine says this right now, if it switches back I'll let you guys know.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an acceptance call!!!!!!! I hope to see the rest of you there!

Reactions: 5 users
Complete in August and still says "Secondary application complete." Anyone else in the same boat? Do they review every application?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how long it takes to get a decision following the "
Preliminary Review Completed" status change? its been a little over a week for me

anyone know how long it takes to get a decision following the "
Preliminary Review Completed" status change? its been a little over a week for me

It could be a while. That status is not really a good indicator. People had that early in that cycle last year and remained that way until the final rejection came in March.

It could be a while. That status is not really a good indicator. People had that early in that cycle last year and remained that way until the final rejection came in March.
do you mean people who got II had a different status?

do you mean people who got II had a different status?

No, all I am saying is that the "preliminary review completed" status does not mean you are guaranteed a decision anytime soon. Check out last year's thread.

Reactions: 1 user
What does "Interview Report Completed" status mean.

Last edited:
II! Can someone please share what interview day was like for them? Thanks! :)

Reactions: 1 users
II! Can someone please share what interview day was like for them? Thanks! :)

Really chill day! Everyone was very nice and try to really show you how the school is. There are two one-on-one interviews that are 30 minutes. The interviews were behavioral questions, like “what would you do in this scenario” or “tell me about a time when x occurred.” Know your application well and your experiences. :)

Really chill day! Everyone was very nice and try to really show you how the school is. There are two one-on-one interviews that are 30 minutes. The interviews were behavioral questions, like “what would you do in this scenario” or “tell me about a time when x occurred.” Know your application well and your experiences. :)
Thank you! this is really helpful :)

Starting to think my application will stay "secondary application complete" forever... haha

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interviews are open file or closed file?

Accepted! Just saw the change in my online portal status, no call or email yet.
Interviewed in the second week of October.

Admissions faculty were really nice, but both of my interviewers were pretty rude and looked annoyed from the start. Felt like they weren't interested in getting know me and I was just another applicant to them.

Also didn't really get a sense of diversity from the area/school, seemed like there wouldn't be a lot of support for minority students, but that's just from my personal experience that one day.

Admissions faculty were really nice, but both of my interviewers were pretty rude and looked annoyed from the start. Felt like they weren't interested in getting know me and I was just another applicant to them.

Also didn't really get a sense of diversity from the area/school, seemed like there wouldn't be a lot of support for minority students, but that's just from my personal experience that one day.
This definitely varies because I absolutely loved both of my interviewers here!! Super friendly and conversational, and seemed interested in getting to know me.

Prelim review complete sometime recently, not exactly sure when :luck::xf: hope this brings good news!

secondary application completed....CASPER blurb..... :yawn:

II! They had interview dates in early december

Not sure. I submitted my secondary in late July but I took CASPer on 8/10

II! OOS ORM (515+, 3.8+) complete at beginning of cycle.

Is the FAU portal supposed to change when your CASper scores are received? I am asking because I took the CASper back in mid October but then I got this curious email from FAU today asking me to make sure that I take the CASper exam. Should I contact their admissions and tell them that I took the test?

Is the FAU portal supposed to change when your CASper scores are received? I am asking because I took the CASper back in mid October but then I got this curious email from FAU today asking me to make sure that I take the CASper exam. Should I contact their admissions and tell them that I took the test?
I was wondering the same thing, just got the email and did CASPer in July

I just got this email as well. I confirmed with them back in August that they received my CASper so I'm assuming it was just a mass email sent to everyone. It would be nice if they had a checkbox or something on their website to confirm whether they received CASper or not. Especially that it has that paragraph about CASper even after secondary application is complete

It says at the top of the email that it was sent to everyone and to disregard it if you already took the CASPer.

Reactions: 3 users
That casper email is the only update i've received in months. I'm still "secondary application complete" and was like OMG, could this be an interview email... lol :help:

Reactions: 10 users
Can anyone tell me if the two interviews are one-on-one or will I have two interviewers during one interview? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the two interviews are one-on-one or will I have two interviewers during one interview? Thanks!

Normally it's a one-on-one interview but I did have two interviewers (a med student and a doctor) in one of my interviews.

This thread is so quiet compared to last cycles... Has anyone else been accepted in yet?

Just noticed the preliminary review completed status change but apparently, it's meaningless, at least they looked at my app right?

Edit: answered my own question lol

Last edited:
Rejected post interview! I thought I interviewed best here (out of all the schools that ive interviewed at) but who knows lol good luck to everyone still waiting and for those accepted congrats!

II just now! Really wasn't expecting this one after so long!

II!!! Seriously wasn't expecting this

Reactions: 6 users
Did you get an email? Also, how long has your application been reviewed? Mine is still under review since August... :(
Yeah, I got an email. I was also complete in late August....I updated them a few weeks ago about my fall semester grades, so not sure if that had any impact.

Edit: Sorry, I actually never noticed when my app went under review. When I submitted the update, it still just said "secondary app submitted". So, I have no idea when/if/how long I was officially "under review".

Last edited: