2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hammer of justice is coming upon us. I was complete the first week of September.
Im actually not upset, but I was kind of surprised! I thought my stats were good for this school. Hopefully you get an II!

Members don't see this ad.

Im actually not upset, but I was kind of surprised! I thought my stats were good for this school. Hopefully you get an II!
Admission process is a crapshoot tbh. I have gotten interview invites at schools that I thought I'd never have a chance there, and got rejected at the bottom tier of DO schools so who knows what they look for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else from 10/13 interviews hear anything ? No phone call but also nothing in the mail yet. Guessing I'm not accepted but just haven't received the reject letter yet ?

When ? Did you interview on that day ? Group 3, Green here. Sorry for your trouble. I saw your earlier comments--you weren't wrong.

I dont recall group but it wasnt that. I did interview the 13th. Not surprised with the outcome - I also suspect they may have put student spies in the interview groups.

Another interviewee said the most absurdly racist thing to me, and at such an SJW school with a minority-emphasis, I have to believe what he said was staged.
When did you get the rejection email?
I got something about BLM at speed dating and nothing else regarding SJ. What did the spy say to you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get the rejection email?
I got something about BLM at speed dating and nothing else regarding SJ. What did the spy say to you ?

It was bad. Im a guy who calls it like it is, but it was bad. Made me drop my jaw. Got the email a day or 2 ago.

Rejection email today. Stunned. Loved this school and thought my interview went well.

Anyone care to comment on this school and their interview day? I've heard mixed things about SOMA from people at my other interviews who've interviewed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to comment on this school and their interview day? I've heard mixed things (more negative than positive) about SOMA from people at my other interviews who've interviewed here.
I can't speak for others, but I really enjoyed my interview day. It was probably the best interview experience I've had so far! I think the school is looking for a specific type of student and the one on one and MMIs help to tease out those qualities they value. My perception is that they are looking for students who buy into their model and want to give back to the community. They are also looking for individuals who want to be clinicians first and love being around patients. Don't be thrown off if a question during the interview or MMI. Sometimes questions are meant to see how you react. If you get an interview, go! Maybe you will love the school.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't speak for others, but I really enjoyed my interview day. It was probably the best interview experience I've had so far! I think the school is looking for a specific type of student and the one on one and MMIs help to tease out those qualities they value. My perception is that they are looking for students who buy into their model and want to give back to the community. They are also looking for individuals who want to be clinicians first and love being around patients. Don't be thrown off if a question during the interview or MMI. Sometimes questions are meant to see how you react. If you get an interview, go! Maybe you will love the school.

Accepted today.

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed per group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an II for Feb 16. Is it possible to move it earlier?

Last edited:
I just got my interview moved up to Nov. 3rd from January! So glad that all the most recent comments I read show overall really positive things. I'm excited but a little panicked because I wasn't expecting it to be so soon! If you're interviewing on 11/3 lmk!

How did you get it moved? Do they do it automatically, or did you go online?

How did you get it moved? Do they do it automatically, or did you go online?
Call them and ask if you can be put on the waitlist for the earlier dates and they call or email you when a spot opens up. I was also in February until about a couple days ago

Call them and ask if you can be put on the waitlist for the earlier dates and they call or email you when a spot opens up. I was also in February until about a couple days ago

Ah ok, it would be nice it was moved to January so I can save on travel costs, I might call in a week or so and ask to be waitlisted for those or something. Thanks!

Just call them now if you have the chance! I got my II like two weeks ago and signed up for February. The week after they told me next Friday's (11/3) spot opened up. They also said they were pretty sure I could get a December date if I couldnt take the November one, so I'm pretty sure you'll end up in the earlier date!

Rejection post interview on 10/13. I felt really good about the interview and my 1on1 interviewer actually told me I would be a great student for this school. Not sure where I went wrong! Good luck to the rest of you!

Rejection post interview on 10/13. I felt really good about the interview and my 1on1 interviewer actually told me I would be a great student for this school. Not sure where I went wrong! Good luck to the rest of you!

Really is tough to tell. I had a great 1-on-1 as I traditionally do, same result. Maybe we didnt try to show off during the group exercise? Maybe the MMI that wanted us as "shadows" to go in and overstep our boundaries (bad MMI in my opinion). Who knows.

Really is tough to tell. I had a great 1-on-1 as I traditionally do, same result. Maybe we didnt try to show off during the group exercise? Maybe the MMI that wanted us as "shadows" to go in and overstep our boundaries (bad MMI in my opinion). Who knows.
Yeah, I really don't know!

Yeah, I really don't know!
+1 on all of that. My interviewer hugged me and The MMI went super well (and I’ve been to enough interviews to know when things go well or not) very very confused.

Rejected post-secondary. Good luck everyone!

II! Yay!! :) The soonest date available is in February... can you still available dates after you confirm one? I would like a sooner one but can't really afford a last minute notice.

Wishing the best of luck to everyone who interviewed today. So happy its over, I have no idea what to expect in the upcoming weeks.

You're pro butt hurt.
I'm straight and white and I got in.

I was accepted to MUCH higher caliber schools.

Also, it seems like youll be in the minority. There is a massive minority-service emphasis and LGBT advertisement all over campus as well as obviously democratic leadership. I saw 20+ students and not a single straight white male but that could be luck of the draw. Congrats on your acceptance to a bottom-tier school lmfao.

It seems that you're not a good fit for the school, and they knew that. So they weren't wrong for rejecting you, right? This school is all about how you fit into their program. You're showing immaturity already so they aren't missing much by rejecting you. Ps, I was also rejected from here post II, and I am not white (I can be considered as minority as can be). Take your other acceptances with grace, humble yourself and move on, you're gonna be a doctor some day, so start acting like it.

I never said the rejection wasnt fair. We both werent right for each other. However, I will be humble.. unless someone wants to start calling me "butthurt." I give tenfold what I get.

Also, dont be a hypocritical *****. Dont presume to insult me then tell me to "start acting like it." What a fool.