2016-2017 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone OOS get an II yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those with IIs! Do the II's come from the same email as the secondary invites did ([email protected])?

I apologize for the neuroticism! :wacky: I had a dream last night that I didn't see the II email.

Check your spam folder every single day. I know someone who missed their II because the invitation went to spam. She found it months later.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!!! (date options: 8/10, 8/12 )

TMDSAS app submitted 6/20 (transmitted 6/21); secondary completed 7/11; final LOE arrived 7/26
Nontrad; IS; EDP; MCAT 505; my GPA's are weird due to nontrad history but overall BCPM GPA: 3.55 (for prereqs in the past 2 years 3.76)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TMDSAS app submitted 6/20 (transmitted 6/21); secondary completed 7/11; final LOE arrived 7/26
Nontrad (speech therapist); IS; MCAT 505; my GPA's are weird due to nontrad history but overall BCPM GPA: 3.55 (for prereqs in the past 2 years 3.76)
Did you get it just now? Also how did your app get verified in 1 day?

Did you get it just now? Also how did your app get verified in 1 day?
Unless they meant 7/21 I don't see how thats possible. I submitted 6/18 and was verified early July. But who knows, could be legit!

Nontrad (speech therapist); IS; MCAT 505; my GPA's are weird due to nontrad history but overall BCPM GPA: 3.55 (for prereqs in the past 2 years 3.76)
Congrats!! Would you mind indicating if you are URM or ORM??

Email came in @ 6pm tonight. I'm ORM.
I was shocked when the app was transmitted 1 day later. No idea how it happened. I had been emailing TMDSAS regularly w/ questions etc during the app process - but I imagine that's common. I wish I had an answer!

Reactions: 1 user
Email came in @ 6pm tonight. I'm ORM.
I was shocked when the app was transmitted 1 day later. No idea how it happened. I had been emailing TMDSAS regularly w/ questions etc during the app process - but I imagine that's common. I wish I had an answer!
Thanks for answering. Good for you! I have very similar stats to you, which is why I asked! I hope you kill the II!

I wish for you the best interview ever!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did y'all receive an email indicating that your file was being reviewed, etc.?

I never got anything like that. I submitted everything back in early June.

I DID get a message on the secondary portal itself that stated that everything had been received, so I assume everything is fine. But given that essentially every other school has sent me a standard "We are looking at your application now that it's all submitted" type of email I am a little concerned.

Good luck to those with any upcoming interviews!

Working on my TTUHSC secondary this week!!! :OOOO

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted back in May and have heard nothing. This makes no sense that they are giving interviews out to people in August now

I submitted back in May and have heard nothing. This makes no sense that they are giving interviews out to people in August now

This process is such a crapshoot. I know people that submitted in May and then get 4 interviews in November. I know they say submit early, but that only helps to a certain extent.

This process is such a crapshoot. I know people that submitted in May and then get 4 interviews in November. I know they say submit early, but that only helps to a certain extent.
Yea clearly everyone telling me to apply early doesn't understand this process since I was under the impression it would help me get interview

Yea clearly everyone telling me to apply early doesn't understand this process since I was under the impression it would help me get interview

I don't know your stats, but if you are on the lower side, submitting early can only mitigate that a little. If you have average-good stats, just wait. I'm sure you're time will come. :)

Yes. I have lots of West Texas ties and Family Medicine is my main interest. Not URM

II today! Only available interview date is August 19th. Anyone have a similar situation? I don't know how to react to a 2 day heads up.

II today! Only available interview date is August 19th. Anyone have a similar situation? I don't know how to react to a 2 day heads up.

II as well! Same problem. I definitely can't make it in two days either, going to call and try to reschedule

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II as well! Same problem. I definitely can't make it in two days either, going to call and try to reschedule

I called and they were very accommodating to pick another date.

Are you guys IS? Is that why they gave you a date that was only 2 days away?

I was complete on 7/21 and have received IIs from two OOS top 20 schools, but still nothing from this school or many other schools in Texas? I am a bit confused, I assumed the Texas schools would be a much better shot and I have received a few in state IIs, but why wouldn't other schools with much lower average stats send invites? Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete on 7/21 and have received IIs from two OOS top 20 schools, but still nothing from this school or many other schools in Texas? I am a bit confused, I assumed the Texas schools would be a much better shot and I have received a few in state IIs, but why wouldn't other schools with much lower average stats send invites? Anyone else in the same boat?

Not exactly the same boat but I submitted late May and expected II's here before say, Dell --not because I think I 'deserve' it or anything but I didn't think my stats/gpa would be enough for an early interview spot for dell/southwestern/utmb. But I got a Dell II and haven't heard back from other Texas MD schools. Then again, I am not sure about Dell's criteria. I just figured if I'm good enough for a Dell II, other Texas MD schools will think I am decent too??

I just keep reminding myself that it's pretty early in the cycle and that I shouldn't worry unless it's October/Nov and I'm still not getting any additional II's. Jealous of the people who have like 8 already though, not gonna lie :p

Are you guys IS? Is that why they gave you a date that was only 2 days away?

I am IS, 516 MCAT, transmitted 7-21. cGPA 3.74. I live out of state though so I called to reschedule and I'm now going next Friday

Same boat with Dell Medical School. That is the only IS school I have yet to get a II from. I totally feel the same way. I keep rechecking my app to make sure I didn't mess it up terribly or something. It really get under your skin; I start to wonder why I wasn't good enough for them.

Not exactly the same boat but I submitted late May and expected II's here before say, Dell --not because I think I 'deserve' it or anything but I didn't think my stats/gpa would be enough for an early interview spot for dell/southwestern/utmb. But I got a Dell II and haven't heard back from other Texas MD schools. Then again, I am not sure about Dell's criteria. I just figured if I'm good enough for a Dell II, other Texas MD schools will think I am decent too??

I just keep reminding myself that it's pretty early in the cycle and that I shouldn't worry unless it's October/Nov and I'm still not getting any additional II's. Jealous of the people who have like 8 already though, not gonna lie :p
I feel you. Mine is the other way around, as I previously stated. Was rejected post-fee request and pre-LOR request from Mayo, so I'm thinking maybe Dell is the Mayo of Texas...?

A diary from Anne Frankenstien:
You're swine. You're a vulgar little maggot. Don't you even have the slightest clue as to how pathetic you are? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. A cock-wart. I would rather kiss a Persian than be seen with you. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have horrible breath. You are degenerate, noxious; basically, an ideal fuking *****. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic local parasitic pond scum and I wish you would just go away.

If this were Sparta, you would have been cast to death at birth. You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel, a waste of MY oxygen. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention that you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you
may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well? it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective? Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us normal people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are challenged persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been 'right'. Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you, especially in your pursuit of fictitious girls that you like to post here.

P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libellous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-******ed, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.
Thank you.

You're swine. You're a vulgar little maggot. Don't you even have the slightest clue as to how pathetic you are? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. A cock-wart. I would rather kiss a Persian than be seen with you. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have horrible breath. You are degenerate, noxious; basically, an ideal fuking *****. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic local parasitic pond scum and I wish you would just go away.

If this were Sparta, you would have been cast to death at birth. You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel, a waste of MY oxygen. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention that you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you
may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well? it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective? Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us normal people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are challenged persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been 'right'. Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you, especially in your pursuit of fictitious girls that you like to post here.

P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libellous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-******ed, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.
Thank you.
Um...is everything ok?

I feel you. Mine is the other way around, as I previously stated. Was rejected post-fee request and pre-LOR request from Mayo, so I'm thinking maybe Dell is the Mayo of Texas...?

Whoops, I accidentally edited the Mayo stuff out of my post--my bad! That's odd, you seem like a qualified candidate. But yeah, I passed those Mayo screens (not sure how) and was super surprised by Dell's call. I genuinely expected other Texas II's before Dell. Can't say I'm upset though--i love Dell and would definitely attend.

Congrats on getting so many Texas II's though! Hope to be in your shoes this month or next month. Hope you rock those interviews :)

Thank you.

wat?

Whoops, I accidentally edited the Mayo stuff out of my post--my bad! That's odd, you seem like a qualified candidate. But yeah, I passed those Mayo screens (not sure how) and was super surprised by Dell's call. I genuinely expected other Texas II's before Dell. Can't say I'm upset though--i love Dell and would definitely attend.

Congrats on getting so many Texas II's though! Hope to be in your shoes this month or next month. Hope you rock those interviews :)
Thanks! I pray you get many more IIs! Mayo didn't really phase me ( I kind of expected it since I have pretty subpar ECs, quantitatively speaking). I was more peeved I didn't read last year's Mayo thread before dropping $120 for the app!:smack::slap:

How do you get banned? Respond quickly, my time is running out...pls resjpond
the modkerauitors and administradotrs are coming... PLS RESPONJD NOW PLEAAKLESS

Thanks! I pray you get many more IIs! Mayo didn't really phase me ( I kind of expected it since I have pretty subpar ECs, quantitatively speaking). I was more peeved I didn't read last year's Mayo thread before dropping $120 for the app!:smack::slap:

Thank you!! Yeah...I was laughing about it (though it's not actually amusing) that Mayo wanted us to pay $120 to get a rejection letter. Hahaha at least other schools make us pay AND let us make our case. Mayo doesn't have a secondary until after receiving an II which is nice in a way. Anyways, I won't post more about this since everything I have to say has nothing to do with Texas Tech anymore

DONT LET THE REVOLUTION DIE. WE ARE CHOSEN!!! THESE...THESE SDN CORP HAVE BEEN LYING TO YYOU, ALL OF YOU ALL ALONG! THERE WAS ONCE A TIME WHEJN FREEDOM WAS A RIGHT ON THE SDN FORUM PAGE!!! THEN THE DARK AGES CAME...THEY...THEY STARTED BANNING DOZENS, AND EVEN 50 PEOPLE AT A TIME... THEY SAY THEY RESTORED ORDER...THEY DID NOT!!!! PLEASE FREINDS! SPREAD THE STORY OF FLIPSIDE, AND HOW HE BELIVED IN A FREE SDN!!!!!

II today, my second this cycle. The interview is on the 24th, and while I used the calendar thing that makes it look like you have options, it was the only option. This is my second year applying. I'm instate and my LizzyM is ~66, but my transcript is unusual and I'm a nontraditional student with an MS already. My completion confirmation email has a date of June 26.

Last cycle, my only interview was at Tech. Cool school, and I'm looking forward to having another shot at it.

II today, my second this cycle. The interview is on the 24th, and while I used the calendar thing that makes it look like you have options, it was the only option. This is my second year applying. I'm instate and my LizzyM is ~66, but my transcript is unusual and I'm a nontraditional student with an MS already. My completion confirmation email has a date of June 26.

Last cycle, my only interview was at Tech. Cool school, and I'm looking forward to having another shot at it.
Congratulations! I pray you get an acceptance with many more IIS this cycle!

Congrats and good luck!! I hope this second chance works out for you!