2016-2017 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How recently? Congratulations! I pray you get many more!
You don't have to tell me the schools you have interviews to already, but do you have interview invites already? My friend who speaks occasionally w/ an ADCOM from a TX school told me that other schools can see when you get interview invites, so as a result of competition, other schools will start sending out invites as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't have to tell me the schools you have interviews to already, but do you have interview invites already? My friend who speaks occasionally w/ an ADCOM from a TX school told me that other schools can see when you get interview invites, so as a result of competition, other schools will start sending out invites as well.
I have one so far...

Wait schools can really see where all you got interviews?

Wait schools can really see where all you got interviews?
This is what my friend told me and he speaks with an ADCOM member occasionally. They are family friends. He basically said it's really good to get an early interview because other schools will see this and start competing for you by sending out interviews to you as well. I just was curious to see if the person who got the II had a previous interview invite b/c he/she got the interview from this school a week after he submitted his secondary in July, which is definitely odd at this time. At least I think.

This is what my friend told me and he speaks with an ADCOM member occasionally. They are family friends. He basically said it's really good to get an early interview because other schools will see this and start competing for you by sending out interviews to you as well. I just was curious to see if the person who got the II had a previous interview invite b/c he/she got the interview from this school a week after he submitted his secondary in July, which is definitely odd at this time. At least I think.
Oh wow interesting. And yeah, I thought it was really odd for a Texas school to give out a II a mere six days after an app was completed. Something must have triggered it.

Oh wow interesting. And yeah, I thought it was really odd for a Texas school to give out a II a mere six days after an app was completed. Something must have triggered it.

Let's not take any credit from the great stats though. That definitely played a huge role.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's not take any credit from the great stats though. That definitely played a huge role.
Oh for sure. I know someone with a LizzyM of an 80+ who still has not received a II and I think that person's ECs are strong! There still must have been something extra. 6 days is amazing. Congrats, to the person with the II!

I was surprised at the quick turnaround time too! Maybe it was a mistake lol. This was my second II.

I was surprised at the quick turnaround time too! Maybe it was a mistake lol. This was my second II.
Hopefully not! And maybe the thing that @princeofpersia94 was talking about is true. They compete for candidates that they want. What is the other school that you got the II from, if you do not mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
II also!
IS LizzyM 77
App complete June 17

O_O did you get an invite on today? A Saturday?? Ahhhh does this mean I'm not safe from II anxiety even on weekends? Congratulations by the way!!!

O_O did you get an invite on today? A Saturday?? Ahhhh does this mean I'm not safe from II anxiety even on weekends? Congratulations by the way!!!
oh no i got mine on thursday morning! i meant to post on here earlier but i forgot haha
don't worry the weekends are still ours for now :xf:

Should I even bother?

So I'm taking my MCAT tomorrow and have a pretty low GPA. I've delayed once before and really want a cycle under my belt or to feel like I'm moving foreword. My TMDSAS app is complete and I've already received secondary invites to most schools in TX, Tech is my #1 choice. Any input?

GPA 3.11
Previously graduated from X-ray school
1000+ hrs of clinical experience
An internship with the hospital
Double major (bio and psych)
Certified Application Counselor
1000+ hrs volunteer work
Full time job

But again, crummy GPA and honestly I don't feel good about the MCAT.
Dude...go to sleep

Should I even bother?

So I'm taking my MCAT tomorrow and have a pretty low GPA. I've delayed once before and really want a cycle under my belt or to feel like I'm moving foreword. My TMDSAS app is complete and I've already received secondary invites to most schools in TX, Tech is my #1 choice. Any input?

GPA 3.11
1000+ hrs volunteer work
Full time job

Just try.

Should I even bother?

GPA 3.11
1000+ hrs volunteer work
Full time job

Honestly, if you don't feel prepared for the MCAT, consider taking more time to prepare before you take it again. And if you are that worried about your GPA, consider doing some graduate program (TCOM has a great biomedical sciences program). Everything else seems to be great, but, GPA and the MCAT are pretty big factors that you want to do well on.

So you stayed up til 2 AM the night before??? Not a great idea, I hope you did well nonetheless!
I'm a night owl for sure, especially since I'm on break (the first one in years)! I didn't decide to stay up, I literally couldn't sleep. Obviously staying up late wouldn't be my preference.

I'm a night owl for sure, especially since I'm on break (the first one in years)! I didn't decide to stay up, I literally couldn't sleep. Obviously staying up late wouldn't be my preference.
Yeah everyone has their own grind! Well, I hope you can take it a little easier now - just gotta work on secondaries now rather than both secondaries and studying for the MCAT. Good luck!

Yeah everyone has their own grind! Well, I hope you can take it a little easier now - just gotta work on secondaries now rather than both secondaries and studying for the MCAT. Good luck!
Definitely planning on focusing on secondaries. Thanks for the input and good luck to you as well!

Definitely planning on focusing on secondaries. Thanks for the input and good luck to you as well!

I hope it went well for you! The wait was the worst, but never trust your post exam reactions haha

Hey guys, are you using the entire 500 words for each supplementary question? Is it okay to use like 250 words if you can't think of anything else to add on one of the questions?