2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
were you having trouble activating your email when you used the campus key and password they gave you?
yes. It wouldn't work until I called

Members don't see this ad.

Do people on the wait list also have to fill out the financial aid stuff now, or will students who are accepted later simply have later due dates for their financial aid documents?

Reactions: 1 user
Do people on the wait list also have to fill out the financial aid stuff now, or will students who are accepted later simply have later due dates for their financial aid documents?
You should fill out FAFSA if you haven't already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received information on pre-matriculation requirements? I've checked the website periodically and there hasn't been many status updates. Then again, it's still a few months away from registration so I imagine we will learn more in the coming weeks.

About to withdraw my acceptance, hope it gives someone on the wait list some good news very soon!

Reactions: 1 users
question about JeffMD, what is the grading for the clerkship years? I know the first two are P/F

question about JeffMD, what is the grading for the clerkship years? I know the first two are P/F
Current students may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the first two years aren't true pass/fail, they have hidden rankings, splitting the class up into thirds or something like that...

When can we expect to hear about financial aid packages?

Current students may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the first two years aren't true pass/fail, they have hidden rankings, splitting the class up into thirds or something like that...
I think you are right. They said P/F, and the class is ranked in thirds.

Got the call! So excited! :) Does anyone know if there is an opportunity to stay with student hosts during second look?

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call! So excited! :) Does anyone know if there is an opportunity to stay with student hosts during second look?
there is. You'll get a list of names soon in an email

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 2 users
Huge Thank you to Dr. Strange... A wealth of information and an ever steady hand through this crazy process.
Assuming this is your last hurrah with jeffmed mentoring, I hope your residency is everything you wanted.

Reactions: 2 users
Huge Thank you to Dr. Strange... A wealth of information and an ever steady hand through this crazy process.
Assuming this is your last hurrah with jeffmed mentoring, I hope your residency is everything you wanted.
I'll still be around SDN. I'll always be a Jeffer at heart. I might even come back for fellowship.

@Doctor Strange Are there any particular types of applicants Jeff likes to pull from the HPWL? Also, when does the waitlist movement really get going? I noticed some people have already been pulled. Sorry for my neurosis

@Doctor Strange Are there any particular types of applicants Jeff likes to pull from the HPWL? Also, when does the waitlist movement really get going? I noticed some people have already been pulled. Sorry for my neurosis
Generally students that continue to express interest. It helps if you explicitly state what you love about Jefferson and how you fit into the picture. Movement will likely start occurring in the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is the 250th day in my Decision Pending journey! Anybody has any idea on how I should celebrate this incredible milestone and remarkable achievement?

Reactions: 12 users
Tomorrow is the 250th day in my Decision Pending journey! Anybody has any idea on how I should celebrate this incredible milestone and remarkable achievement?
Congrats! I've been decision pending since August and I'm so honored to be in such an elite group.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you want a change of scenery? Do a lot of jeff students apply to stay at jeff residencies?
So I actually ranked Jefferson #1 but didn't match here. This year was a little abnormal, as we didn't match as many people at our home program as we usually do... We usually get 8-12 students into IM at Jeff but only got 4 this year.

Congrats! I've been decision pending since August and I'm so honored to be in such an elite group.
Thanks man! Same to you! I couldn't have done it without the support of y'all fellow Squad members!
Cheers to many more days on DP :highfive:

Last edited:
Thanks man! Same to you! I couldn't have done it without the support of y'all Squad members!
Cheers to many more days on DP :highfive:

I've enjoyed my time so much I'm doing it again next year!

For applicants on the HPWL what Fin Aid materials should be taken care of ASAP besides the FAFSA?

Like a good lover, Jeff will let you down gently with an "Interview Not Offered"

In that case will the "Decision Pending" be the final status for some of us or is it going to change to "Rejected" at some point soon?

withdrew my acceptance...good luck to you all! Cant wait to be your colleague one day!

So you're saying there will always be a chance? I hope that I get a nice II from Jeff during my residency.
What-Salt-Bae-Meme.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
So people withdrawing acceptances. Will those spots go to future interviewees or to those on the HPWL?

For admitted students, we need a parent's tax return to apply for institutional aid, how did everyone submit this? I don't see anywhere on banner to do so.

For admitted students, we need a parent's tax return to apply for institutional aid, how did everyone submit this? I don't see anywhere on banner to do so.

hello friend. I called with this exact question and they mentioned that it was ok to send it to their financial aid email (
[email protected])

hello friend. I called with this exact question and they mentioned that it was ok to send it to their financial aid email (
[email protected])
That's correct. Send it directly to the financial aid office.

Hello! I haven't received any information about second-look weekend yet. Could someone let me know what days/times we should be there? I would love to book my flights asap. Thanks!!

Can anyone possibly PM me with the phone number that would potentially be calling if offered an acceptance on Wednesday? I will be working and can't answer my phone unless expecting a call, so I'd want to know what phone number to be watching out for!

Can anyone possibly PM me with the phone number that would potentially be calling if offered an acceptance on Wednesday? I will be working and can't answer my phone unless expecting a call, so I'd want to know what phone number to be watching out for!
They'll always leave a message if you don't pick up. It's not a big deal if you miss the call. If you really want to be neurotic about it, though, the area code is 215.

They'll always leave a message if you don't pick up. It's not a big deal if you miss the call. If you really want to be neurotic about it, though, the area code is 215.
Oh, I definitely want to be neurotic. ;)
I'm in Philly now and constantly get all sorts of calls from 215 numbers so I just wanted to not rush to answer my phone if it was a spam call or something unimportant.

Someone sent me the number though, thank you! :)

Is there a way to check whether update letters post interview have been received? Nothing displays on our portal.

anyone who has received financial aid information yet, how are you notified?