2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone who has received financial aid information yet, how are you notified?
If they're going to contact you, it's going to be through your Jeffmail. You can also check your requirements on Banner at banner.jefferson.edu. It's under the "Financial Aid" section. Check your "Financial Aid Status."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten off the HPWL recently.

Do I just send my updates/letter of interest to [email protected], or do I send it to a different person?

Edit: Is it recommended that I send it to someone else, like directly to Dean Callahan? Should I send it to her directly again even if I already sent one to the Admissions email?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Question for those who have attended the 2nd look days in previous years- what is the reception the night before like? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for my parents to drive down for it instead of just meeting me at Jeff Friday morning. I will be arriving Thursday and can attend, but if it's something where everyone is there with parents/families then I'd like to have mine join.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting some of you in a few weeks!

When can we expect information about second look? I was accepted two weeks ago but haven't seen anything about it yet.

Do I just send my updates/letter of interest to [email protected], or do I send it to a different person?

Edit: Is it recommended that I send it to someone else, like directly to Dean Callahan? Should I send it to her directly again even if I already sent one to the Admissions email?
You can send it to both admissions and Callahan.
Hey! Question for those who have attended the 2nd look days in previous years- what is the reception the night before like? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for my parents to drive down for it instead of just meeting me at Jeff Friday morning. I will be arriving Thursday and can attend, but if it's something where everyone is there with parents/families then I'd like to have mine join.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting some of you in a few weeks!
Your parents don't need to come to anything. It's a little weird, honestly, since most of us are independent adults...
When can we expect information about second look? I was accepted two weeks ago but haven't seen anything about it yet.
Probably soon. It's coming up in like a couple of weeks. I would email admissions if you don't hear by the end of the week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Interesting, I interviewed last week as well but didn't hear anything at all. Is it possible the people who interviewed me weren't able to meet today?

Interesting, I interviewed last week as well but didn't hear anything at all. Is it possible the people who interviewed me weren't able to meet today?
Yes. Not every faculty member makes it to the committee meeting every week. No news is not necessarily bad news.

@Doctor Strange, for people on the hpwl, if we are accepted after traffic day, I believe we are given around a week to accept/decline. Would we get a financial aid package within that time period, or would we have to make the decision before knowing financial aid info?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

@Doctor Strange, for people on the hpwl, if we are accepted after traffic day, I believe we are given around a week to accept/decline. Would we get a financial aid package within that time period, or would we have to make the decision before knowing financial aid info?

You would likely not get a financial aid package within that time period, but I would call financial aid directly if you end up in this situation. Honestly, most people don't get anything unless that's from a low SES, disadvantaged background, or are URM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!!! Interviewed last week!!!
Interested to hear where this takes you now. I applied to all the same PA schools. Dealing with same issues SO and cost of Philly...

Lol at Jefferson rejecting me 3 times in 1 minute. Wait, I'm not sure? Am I rejected?? Please clarify.

EDIT: Make that 5!

Reactions: 11 users
It was funny the first few times, but now I'm like OK ENOUGH Jeff.. stop spamming my email. Hahaha
Haha, right? Like, it's totally distracting to get an email every 30 seconds!!

Thanks for the 5 rejection emails, just in case I was still in denial after the first 4.

Reactions: 1 users
yeah just got rejected four times lol. I get it, you don't want me!

I only got one rejection! Special snowflake here.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got rejected 5 times. Do you think there's a chance of II still? Decision Pending since September.

Reactions: 10 users
Wait I didn't get any rejection emails?? DECISION PENDING FOR LIFE

5 pre-II rejection emails just now

they didn't have to send me 5 to make me feel sad..

Edit: I guess the same thing happened to the person above

Reactions: 2 users
I like that I can now tell people I have more rejections than applications I sent out and still got in.

rejected 5x this morning from TJ :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
After 255 days, 18 hours and 32 minutes, I am very sorry to let y'all know that I have been officially rejected by my beloved Jeff ... for 7 times! Despite this recent setback, I will forever be a DP4lyfer at heart! To my fellow squad members, we might have lost the battle, but we ain't gonna lose this war! See y'all on another epic DP journey at Jeff in four years for residency!
upload_2017-4-6_8-19-18.png

Reactions: 11 users
After 255 days, 18 hours and 32 minutes, I am very sorry to let y'all know that I have been officially rejected by my beloved Jeff ... for 7 times! Despite this recent setback, I will forever be a DP4lyfer at heart! To my fellow squad members, we might have lost the battle, but we ain't gonna lose this war! See y'all on another epic DP journey at Jeff in four years for residency!
View attachment 217513
Like all of you, I was also rejected 7 times in a row. Ironically, back in August, Jeff forgot to send me a secondary, and I had to email them a few times requesting that they please send me one. This journey started with too few emails and ended with too many. UNTIL NEXT TIME, JEFF! I BID YOU ADIEU :hello:

View attachment 217513
I'm somehow still hanging in there. Really hoping I've been overlooked and can continue the legacy for you guys

Me too...and I can't access my status online anymore so I don't know if we're still "decision pending"

Let's just assume we're still decision pending. Although I think I'd prefer to get 7 rejection emails instead of being in limbo indefinitely

Let's just assume we're still decision pending. Although I think I'd prefer to get 7 rejection emails instead of being in limbo indefinitely
Same here, haven't gotten the rejection email. The portal does not reflect the status anymore either so.....lol

Same here, haven't gotten the rejection email. The portal does not reflect the status anymore either so.....lol
wow how nice of jeff to send some people 7 rejections and we don't even get one

Was anyone else fool enough to read through each of the 5 emails hoping that one would be different? Or was that just me?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Jefferson for sending me 5 rejection emails. The first one was sufficient.

Can anyone send me the details on accepted students day? I need to take the time off of work ASAP but I am still waiting on the email with the times.

Can anyone send me the details on accepted students day? I need to take the time off of work ASAP but I am still waiting on the email with the times.
4/20 there is a reception (so basically just a cocktail thing) and then 4/21 there's a bunch of talks and such throughout the day.

wish I could go to second look to meet all you guys. I live across country and have finals that week :dead:

Acceptance formally withdrawn this morning. Hard one to say goodbye to - Jeff is an awesome place, with awesome people. I just can't justify moving to the east coast and the strain it would put on my fiance.

Good luck to all still waiting! I hope my seat goes to one of you.

does anyone know if the committee meets this week? previous Jeff threads show otherwise for the week after the last interview day.