2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when Jefferson finishes interviewing? I hate seeing that decision pending status on my portal lol the wait is killing me

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my recent interview day, they said ~April 19th for all decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
At my recent interview day, they said ~April 19th for all decisions.
That's the last week the committee meets. Gross waitlist movement usually starts after the deadline to hold only 1 acceptance.

We have I believe 3 or 4 more interview days left-I would be that almost all if not all the interview spots are filled. But don't worry if you are interviewing this late-you're still interviewing for acceptance, not just waitlist spots.

Reactions: 1 user
if we interviewed last week, we could expect to hear tomorrow right?

if we interviewed last week, we could expect to hear tomorrow right?

From what I understand it's highly possible but not guaranteed. I interviewed on 3/01 and have not heard back yet, but they were also on spring break for one week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

From what I understand it's highly possible but not guaranteed. I interviewed on 3/01 and have not heard back yet, but they were also on spring break for one week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

thanks and good luck!

Is there any prize for being the last person with the "Decision Pending" status? Like a full-ride scholarship for the following year? It seems quite within reach for me!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Just got the phone call. Interviewed 3/01

Reactions: 5 users
HPWL today, interviewed 2/22. Bit disappointed since my interviewer actually told me they thought I was a good fit, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. -.-

accepted! just got the call

Reactions: 3 users
In the high priority category... I absolutely loved Jeff but am very unsure how I should feel

In the high priority category... I absolutely loved Jeff but am very unsure how I should feel
I'm assuming by your profile that you like Greys Anatomy, so you should get in so we can watch it together. Also, HPWL is a great place to be with supposedly ~33% chance of acceptance (according to something someone posted earlier, not sure about this number)

Interviewed 2/22 got the call today around 3!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to all who have been accepted! For those of you that don't know, I'm an MS4 going into internal medicine. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! For those of you that don't know, I'm an MS4 going into internal medicine. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Any idea how many people take themselves off the waitlist? Trying to crunch some numbers

Any idea how many people take themselves off the waitlist? Trying to crunch some numbers
Oo04a.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! Is there an accepted student's page? I've been struggling to find it. Also, did everyone successfully match this year? Did you get your #1 choice? Also congrats!

Hey! Is there an accepted student's page? I've been struggling to find it. Also, did everyone successfully match this year? Did you get your #1 choice? Also congrats!
There is. It's Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University Class of 2021.

No hard feelings, but, for future reference, it's rather uncouth to ask someone if they matched at their #1 choice. I don't mind, but a lot of other people do. I did not match at my top choice but am still very happy with where I'm going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

There is. It's Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University Class of 2021.

No hard feelings, but, for future reference, it's rather uncouth to ask someone if they matched at their #1 choice. I don't mind, but a lot of other people do. I did not match at my top choice but am still very happy with where I'm going.

I am so sorry! I didn't realize. I was more looking for information about the school, and totally didn't think about that. I am so so sorry! And congrats for matching :) Ah, I feel so bad now. I'm the worst.

I'm assuming by your profile that you like Greys Anatomy, so you should get in so we can watch it together. Also, HPWL is a great place to be with supposedly ~33% chance of acceptance (according to something someone posted earlier, not sure about this number)

Love Greys! Couldn't believe they got another season though because this past season was pretty rough lol I hope I get into Jeff though! I'll just keep writing letters like I did for my interview!

I am so sorry! I didn't realize. I was more looking for information about the school, and totally didn't think about that. I am so so sorry! And congrats for matching :) Ah, I feel so bad now. I'm the worst.
Don't worry about it.

Withdrew my II, looks like they aren't done yet

Withdrew my II, looks like they aren't done yet

Woah, did you get it just now?

Thanks for giving it up and giving the rest of us shades of hope.

congratulations on matching! Has a list of the match results for the class of 2017 been posted anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find it! Thanks!

@Doctor Strange
As I understand it, the preclinical years are changing to a true pass/fail system without any sort of class ranking. I think that is awesome but consequentially must mean that the clinical grades will hold that much more weight, so I was wondering how those grades are determined? I have heard generally from other programs that it is something like 70% shelf exam, 20% evaluations and 10% required stuff like submitting H&Ps. But I also know that some schools limit the number of students that can honor or have insanely high criteria. Just curious as I work to narrow down my options. Thanks

@Doctor Strange
As I understand it, the preclinical years are changing to a true pass/fail system without any sort of class ranking. I think that is awesome but consequentially must mean that the clinical grades will hold that much more weight, so I was wondering how those grades are determined? I have heard generally from other programs that it is something like 70% shelf exam, 20% evaluations and 10% required stuff like submitting H&Ps. But I also know that some schools limit the number of students that can honor or have insanely high criteria. Just curious as I work to narrow down my options. Thanks
At Jefferson, the majority of your grades are based on evaluations from residents and faculty. You are only required to pass the shelf exams. Cutoffs vary from clerkship to clerkship. OB at Jeff historically has about 5-10% of students honoring, while this number tends to be much higher for other clerkships. It's all dependant on the clerkship director.

congratulations on matching! Has a list of the match results for the class of 2017 been posted anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find it! Thanks!
Someone posted it in the 2017 match lists forum on this website (just google 2017 match list). It's on page 2

Accepted students friendly reminder: financial aid deadline is coming up! I totally didn't realize they were sending all the info to my Jeff email and almost missed the deadline. Didn't want that to happen to anyone. You need more than just your FAFSA filled out lol. That was a close one.

Accepted students friendly reminder: financial aid deadline is coming up! I totally didn't realize they were sending all the info to my Jeff email and almost missed the deadline. Didn't want that to happen to anyone. You need more than just your FAFSA filled out lol. That was a close one.
My account hasn't worked since I got it. Your post made me call IT services and I'm 18th in line right now :eek:

happened to me earlier! Press 1 so they call you back, that's what happened to me :)
same thing here. 20th in line lol.. is there something I can do to get access to the JeffMail before they call back? What did you have to do to get it to work?

same thing here. 20th in line lol.. is there something I can do to get access to the JeffMail before they call back? What did you have to do to get it to work?
They temporarily changed my password. Then told me I couldn't change my password unless I was on campus

They temporarily changed my password. Then told me I couldn't change my password unless I was on campus
were you having trouble activating your email when you used the campus key and password they gave you?

What else do we need for financial aid? I haven't received anything in my Jeffmail yet

How do I access my Jeff email?

How do I access my Jeff email?
its on the email they sent with your campus key (your password is also described in that email). If you log on to blackboard there is a link to it in the top right, but you can also access it like dr. strange said. But, I couldn't access mine and had to call IT services because it wasn't letting me log in and they gave me a temporary password. This happened to a couple of other people on here too.

its on the email they sent with your campus key (your password is also described in that email). If you log on to blackboard there is a link to it in the top right, but you can also access it like dr. strange said. But, I couldn't access mine and had to call IT services because it wasn't letting me log in and they gave me a temporary password. This happened to a couple of other people on here too.
Got it, thanks so much!