2015-2016 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't worry folks, there's still hope! I know (from personal experience) that the wait is excruciating, but there is light at the end of the application-and-interview-madness tunnel. Promise. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just went from never even having been marked complete (no letters "received," no indication of "complete," even after 5 months) to rejected, via portal. This one makes me angry. :sour: Wishing you all better luck.

Finally under preliminary review! Complete sometime in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news on acceptance/waitlist front? Still haven't heard interviewed 11/14

Any news on acceptance/waitlist front? Still haven't heard interviewed 11/14
I interviewed the same day and have not heard back yet. I was expecting to hear this morning, but nothing. They had said on interview day that if we didn't hear back before February, something was wrong. I'm going to give it a few more hours, then I'll probably call just to check up on my app.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed the same day and have not heard back yet. I was expecting to hear this morning, but nothing. They had said on interview day that if we didn't hear back before February, something was wrong. I'm going to give it a few more hours, then I'll probably call just to check up on my app.
If you call and get any info, please let us know! I was also hoping to hear something today :/

My portal was updated to ".. you are in the group that may receive an interview". Is this a good/bad thing at Vermontl? Is it another way of saying put on hold? Thanks.

Awesome thank you. Whats the likelihood of getting an interview after getting this update?

user-deleted said:
Because I had some spare time and reeeeally like data, I went spelunking for numbers. Of the 246 applicants who posted in last year's UVM thread, 152 were small-pooled, and 106 of the folks in the small pool were interviewed.

Moral of the story: a lot of people drown in the small pool, but it's still better to be in it than out of it.

Last edited:
Placed on list of qualified/alternate candidates fml at least it is something though

Yay I finally get to wear my new swimsuit!

ACCEPTED!! :soexcited:I can't believe it! 1 interview, 1 acceptance, somehow it all worked out. Now I can finally sleep...
I love these kinds of stories. You rock, soon-to-be Dr. elephantlamps!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did you call? Good news?

My portal was updated to ".. you are in the group that may receive an interview". Is this a good/bad thing at Vermontl? Is it another way of saying put on hold? Thanks.
Mine has said the same for awhile...I'm remaining hopeful

Sorry guys new to the Vermont forum...so my portal has said for a little while that prelim review is complete and I'm within the pool which may be extended an interview...I'm learning this is call the "small pool" so what are the stats for this or getting an interview this late in the game if my status hasn't changed?

Finally small pooled yesterday after being complete since August.... hoping it will turn out to be an interview

Shame on you Vermont for getting my hopes up with that financial aid email...

Are you guys punking me? Why has nobody posted about a II since like November. Ugh.

what was the email?
Dear Student:

As an applicant to the University of Vermont College of Medicine, you may be interested in applying for loans through the Federal financial aid program.

If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, please take a moment to review the important information below about the financial aid application process at UVM. If you have already submitted your FAFSA to UVM, thank you; you may disregard this e-mail.

• UVM’s priority financial aid deadline for submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016.
• The FAFSA is the only financial aid application required by the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
• UVM’s federal school code to list on the FAFSA is 003696.
• If you have not yet filed your 2015 Federal taxes, complete the FAFSA using tax estimates to meet the priority deadline (return to fafsa.gov once your tax returns have been filed, update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool).

We realize that you have not yet been notified of a final admissions decision, however, it is important to submit your FAFSA online by March 1, 2016 regardless of your admissions status.

To learn more about the financial aid process at UVM, please visit uvm.edu/sfs.

But I have a rule in my gmail that flags all emails from the admissions office, so needless to say I got a little excited...

Small pooled today. Complete some time in late September.

Dear Student:

As an applicant to the University of Vermont College of Medicine, you may be interested in applying for loans through the Federal financial aid program.

If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, please take a moment to review the important information below about the financial aid application process at UVM. If you have already submitted your FAFSA to UVM, thank you; you may disregard this e-mail.

• UVM’s priority financial aid deadline for submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016.
• The FAFSA is the only financial aid application required by the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
• If you have not yet filed your 2015 Federal taxes, complete the FAFSA using tax estimates to meet the priority deadline (return to fafsa.gov once your tax returns have been filed, update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool).

We realize that you have not yet been notified of a final admissions decision, however, it is important to submit your FAFSA online by March 1, 2016 regardless of your admissions status.

But I have a rule in my gmail that flags all emails from the admissions office, so needless to say I got a little excited...

Does anyone on the waitlist receive this email?

Dear Student:

I don't have a decision yet either, but I didn't get the email :(

For real guys has anyone out there received a UVM interview invite in the past 2 months? :(

Last edited:
Has anyone not heard back from 11/14? This is an amazingly long wait! :p

For real guys has anyone out there received a UVM interview invite in the past 2 months? Just wondering why no one has posted about it :(

From last year's thread, Vermont ended II in mid-Jan.

In the 2013-2014 thread, II's kept going out until late-February. Didn't check any posts later than that.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected today complete Sept 24th

Good luck y'all!

Under review for about two weeks and then straight to rejection. :(

Finally under preliminary review- must have happened some time last week or this week. Completed some time late September/early October.

Finally under preliminary review- must have happened some time last week or this week. Completed some time late September/early October.
+1. Wondering what our chances are at this point.

Has anyone been pulled off the qualified candidate waitlist?

Has anyone been pulled off the qualified candidate waitlist?
From previous threads, it looks like qualified candidate waitlist movement doesn't start until late April.

Is it possible to be under preliminary review for months? I don't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure that's what the portal said right after I was complete in September, and that's what it still says.