2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any February interviewees have gotten the acceptance call?

Members don't see this ad.

Got the acceptance call around 45 min ago! No Duke affiliations =)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm on the east coast. The person who called me mentioned that I probably wasn't expecting to hear back today and that I'd get an official email tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow's the actual notification date.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So much for:

Decisions will be sent to the email address we have on file in your Duke Med Application Account. DECISIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OVER THE TELEPHONE (this policy is in place to protect your privacy).

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have an idea (any Duke MS's or people who have followed threads from past years) how late they'll call (EST)?

Just got an acceptance call as well! Interviewed mid-september.

So 8 acceptances on SDN so far. What do we think that means? Like 80-90 people have been notified of their acceptances?

will everyone who interviewed be notified of decision by tomorrow?

just got my acceptance call! i'm absolutely in awe!!!!!! i also have no duke affiliations and it honestly seems like different faculty members have chosen different applicants to call and will get around to calling them at their own rate once they've chosen who they want to call out of the whole acceptance pool

Anyone accepted PCLT?

Hey! I was just accepted via phone. I don't have any Duke affiliation. I asked Dr. Taylor about PCLT... he said those decisions are made separately and should come out within a week :)

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I was just accepted via phone. I don't have any Duke affiliation. I asked Dr. Taylor about PCLT... he said those decisions are made separately and should come out within a week :)

Congratulations!
What is your last initial just wondering?

This whole week is about to be a mix of fear, anxiety and support for everyone else going through the same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
4567234.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone have an idea (any Duke MS's or people who have followed threads from past years) how late they'll call (EST)?

pretty sure they went as late as 11pm EST last year

I love the feeling of camaraderie in this thread (and other school specific threads) driven by the milieu of anxiety, excitement, happiness, and and rejection that we collectively experience

ACCEPTED WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE HEAVEN

Edit: Received call from blocked # at 8:30. Interviewed in November, and no affiliations to Duke.

Last edited:
So...when are rejections/waitlists coming out?
If it is like last year the WL & rejections came out a few days after acceptance calls but there were a couple of people in limbo for ANOTHER few days. A few of those people in limbo actually received acceptance letters in the mail without any call but most people were rejected or wait listed.

LOL...so somehow my mother texts me saying she received a message from Dr. Yee on our home phone and told me to call him back, which I did so around 9 PM EST. Such a round-about way of finding out my acceptance, haha.

LizzyM 77-79; interviewed late November.

Accepted also with 50% merit scholarship!

I would love for decisions to be going out, but I can't help but smell troll on this.

I'm human, by the way :p

@Pastamahn et al., best of luck...I hope to hear good news from the rest of y'all!

10 PM EST, are we done for the day?? Is all hope lost?

My mother calls me and tells me some doc from Duke called her and I lost my mind. Called him back and ACCEPTED!!!! I can't hardly believe it

Reactions: 4 users
My mother calls me and tells me some doc from Duke called her and I lost my mind. Called him back and ACCEPTED!!!! I can't hardly believe it

Congratulations!! Do you happen to know what time he called?

I have a strong feeling most/all acceptance calls will be made tonight or tomorrow morning, followed by a mass email of acceptances/rejections/WLs around noon tomorrow.

I have a strong feeling most/all acceptance calls will be made tonight or tomorrow morning, followed by a mass email of acceptances/rejections/WLs around noon tomorrow.

You think that means that some people who are accepted will not receive a phone call at all? I'm just trying to wrap my head around Dukemed system of admissions offers haha, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm badgering or just plain neurotic :D

You think that means that some people who are accepted will not receive a phone call at all? I'm just trying to wrap my head around Dukemed system of admissions offers haha, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm badgering or just plain neurotic :D

hard to say; as mentioned before in this thread, MSAR says March 1, and one of the callers said acceptance emails would be sent out tomorrow, so it would make sense to just send all those decisions at once. Moreover, people are getting calls much faster than last year, which only had like 2-3 on Monday.

I wish I could just crawl into a hole and forget about all this medical school stress. 9 interviews, 3 wait lists and 0 acceptances, starting to get really worried :(

Reactions: 1 users
I wish I could just crawl into a hole and forget about all this medical school stress. 9 interviews, 3 wait lists and 0 acceptances, starting to get really worried :(
That scary moment when you have to start planning for reapplication...hey man I am right there with you...hopefully at least one of us makes it here!

I have faith that if you guys are interviewing at Duke (especially dude(tte) with 9 interviews) you will get in somewhere- whether that's outright or off the waitlist.

Received an acceptance call at around noon today! :)))

My horoscope told me today was supposed to be a 9/10. Instead I get a rejection, Duke is twisting my stomach into knots, someone puked in our vestibule again, and we still don't know why my brother is coughing up blood :( This is NOT a 9/10.

Congrats to everyone who got in though l! You must be truly phenomenal people!

My horoscope told me today was supposed to be a 9/10. Instead I get a rejection, Duke is twisting my stomach into knots, someone puked in our vestibule again, and we still don't know why my brother is coughing up blood :( This is NOT a 9/10.

Congrats to everyone who got in though l! You must be truly phenomenal people!
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this, @chocoholicsoxfan . I wish you the best, and please send your family our best regards!

sorry to hear about your brother. were post interview rejections sent out today?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

note that increased activity in 2014-2015 might have prodded more people to note their acceptances since it seems this calling interval will be shorter.
anyways, calls made in this and last 2 annual threads BEFORE WL/Rejections

2013-2014 Duke University Application Thread: 21 A total
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.23.15-2.24.15), 18 A (2.25.15-3.1.15) - 33 total
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.29.16)

note that increased activity in 2014-2015 might have prodded more people to note their acceptances since it seems this calling interval will be shorter.
anyways, calls made in this and last 2 annual threads BEFORE WL/Rejections

2013-2014 Duke University Application Thread: 21 A total
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.23.15-2.24.15), 18 A (2.25.15-3.1.15) - 33 total
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.29.16)
Note that since 2013-2014, they've increased their class size.

Note that since 2013-2014, they've increased their class size.
Also the crazy debacle last year likely caused more people to be frustrated and create accounts to comment, thus resulting in more acceptance posts.

if we weren't given any merit aid during the phone call, does that mean we're not getting any? just curious!

if we weren't given any merit aid during the phone call, does that mean we're not getting any? just curious!

Last year, some scholarship calls were made later apparently. Did you just get the call?